May 2014 Moms

Baby shower favors?

For those of you who had your showers already, what did you give as favors? What favors did you enjoy from other peoples showers? Trying to figure out what to do that isn't more than $1 or $2 per person

Re: Baby shower favors?

• My mom just hosted my shower today and instead of doing separate favours she had these cute little boxes so peopel could take more cake and cookies from the dessert table. I was worried about not having traditional favours, but everyone seemed to love the boxes and the option to load up on the extra treats.

It would be really inexpensive to set up a candy bar and just little cello-bags and have 6-10 types of candy in vases/jars to choose from. The candy from a bulk store wouldn't cost more than $1-3 per person.

I also saw a cute idea that was tea bags in little decorative packets with tags that said "something special brewing". I thought those were really cute (but my husband and I are really into tea so it kind of suits us). I can't imagine those would cost a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • We had little favor bags with clementines or Oreos (my two cravings) in bowls by the door. Most people skipped them though.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Miles2Go said:
    Favors should be edible, always, IMO. Nobody wants a little frame engraved with your baby's name and shower date. Or any other random cheapo plastic favor. They do want a cake pop. Or three.
    Lol, yes! My sister had cake pops that looked like little owls (which was the theme she used for the shower) as the favors. They were fantastic!

image     image    
  • My MIL is planning on getting pink and purple M&Ms for my shower favor.

DD #1 5.4.14  
    EDD #2 5.4.17

• Ditto @Miles2Go‌ edible for favors!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Miles2Go said:

Favors should be edible, always, IMO.

Nobody wants a little frame engraved with your baby's name and shower date. Or any other random cheapo plastic favor.

They do want a cake pop. Or three.

Everything about this. Haven't had a shower yet, but I held the same belief about wedding favors. DH and I are teachers so we did caramel apple favors. It went over really well and had nothing left over. I plan on edible favors for my showers as well!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just had a baby shower for my friend yesterday, and we made chocolate covered pretzel sticks with sprinkles to match the shower colors. We put them in little bags with ribbons, they turned out really cute and were fairly cheap and easy to make.

• My gfs that threw me the shower went to the $1 store and bought a bunch of $1 nail polishes in pinks and purples. They tied ribbons around each and had a little bangle that said, "it's a girl." They were so cute and a big hit! Loved them!
  • A friend had her baby shower a few weeks ago, and she did a candy bar. It was a pretty big hit, especially with this pregnant lady!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I actually don't think they're necessary.

However, last summer I threw a shower for a close friend and I did do a small favor.
    It was a bar of soap, wrapped in burlap with a cute tag that read 'from her shower to yours' and I put them in a cellophane bag with cute decorative ribbon. They were a HUGE hit but I can guarantee majority of them were thrown away.
  • My mom is doing personalized onesie cookies, individually wrapped. (she ordered them, not making them, but I'm sure you could)

I agree with food favors. All the other ones end up on the floor of my car for a good 3 months and then in the trash.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Desserts in cute boxes! I think edible is always the way to go.
  • My sister made these favors for my shower. I thought they were super cute.
  • At my shower, we had candy with a Beatles-themed title (since the shower theme was "Here comes the son"). We had:

Let it jelly beans
    Golden Slumbers
    All you need is dove
    John Lemonheads
    George hersheysons
    Lucy in the sky with diamonds
    Ringo starburst
    Paul McCaramels

It was a hit! My mom made little bags with a sticker decal of DS's name and date of shower. And guess who got all of the leftovers? :D

[PS- just to ensure that it isn't misconstrued, I did NOT host my own shower! ;) ]

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• My aunts used the "Ready to Pop" theme for my shower next weekend and bought red and white retro popcorn boxes that people will be able to fill from the popcorn bar they are setting up. Should be cute and popcorn is a pretty inexpensive treat,
  • My MIL decided to give out a loofa and body wash with a note saying "from my shower to yours". My shower is in two weeks so we will see how they go over!
  • My sister did some game that involved candy bars. She had a full size candy bar (all different types) in a colored paper lunch bag at each place setting. Each person had to write some bit of advice for me using the candy bar as a prop. (EX: Don't have butterfingers when holding the baby.)  They kept the candy bar as a favor. 
  • My sister bought these cute pacifier container things that she put saltwater taffy and truffles in.  It is hard to explain, but they are adorable. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Thanks for all the great ideas. I think we will do something edible. Just gotta talk to my sister to pick one!
  • Edible is best! My sister made some delicious peanut butter cookies and packaged them in cute bags. 

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• My mother is doing homemade sugar scrub for your skin in baby food jars. We know quite a few people with infants so the baby food jars were easy to round up. They will look like this but filled.
  • tjkdlhb said:

What about seed packets?!?

"April Showers bring May Flowers" 

or something like that?

Love this idea. My brother is getting married in August and they are having sunflowers at there wedding. I was going to give sun flower packets as the shower gift.
  • My shower was Beatrix Potter/Garden themed. We got those little GROW kits from the $1 bins at Target. They have a little clay pot, peat pod, and seeds. They were a big hit and we made sure families with kids took several. I was at my Sister-in-laws house this weekend, and they were all lined up in the window, sprouting already. :)

• I had a double shower - skyped in with family...one shower we gave pink sugar cookies (homemade/didn't cost me more than $5 to make 40 cookies) and bath bombs (found a great deal at https://www.thesoapguy.com/).  At the other shower they gave a gift bag with: mints, pink candies in little jars, and a candle that said two peas in a pod (since we are expecting twins). 

• My mom is having a local bakery make their famous cookies (but in a larger size) and they willl be $1/cookie, plus whatever the price is for the cello goodie bags and personalized "thank you" stickers being put on them.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Favors at baby showers? I've never heard of this or received a favor. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My sister did mini antibacterial hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works with tags that said "Thank you for touching Briana's life, now you'll be able to touch her baby"  She got the idea from Pinterest.  It went over pretty well.  The shower my MIL had for me didn't have favors, and people didn't seem to care.  Have fun  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

• @britab I really think showers depend on where you are from and what people do in your area. I've never been to a shower without favors, but there is nothing wrong with not having them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"