Parenting

Sunday Spam

Please tell me I'm not the only one awake cursing the day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Spam

• That has been my day too @CTGirl30‌

• Loading the player...
  • DS woke us up at the crack of dawn and it was storming outside. So much for our trip to the park.

I must be crazy because MIL and BIL are being forced to move, and I suggested we all rent a place together to make things easier for everyone. 4 adults and 2 kids tripping over each other in one house, I must be insane. Living with your in-laws works out sometimes right? Right? Bueller? 
    imageimage
  • Happy Birthday @ uconnhuskie007!
  • Happy Birthday @uconnhuskie007‌ I'm turning 30 in a couple weeks and having a hard time with it.

• It was my early morning with DD. She finally went back to sleep after H got up. I just prepped some veggies for turkey/veggie meatballs I'm making DD and my white bean sausage soup for tomorrow.

We have some chores and some errands today. Then relaxing.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • DH is in a pissy mood. 

A month ago we got a new pots and pan set and he told me to throw out the old lids and pans. I did, but was probably doing it aimlessly because of everything else going on. I threw out the crock pot lid. 

When I told them that I said "we may have thrown it out". He snapped back that I didn't do it, you were the one throwing everything out.

Gee, thanks DH. Jerk. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Good morning! I'm feeling productive this morning. Cleaned the house top to bottom, washed and put away some clothes, and gave both dogs a bath. DH just got back with some Starbucks. Yay.

Does anyone have a good link on why rear facing to two is considered safer than forward facing? One that explains things really clearly. DS is 18 months and I want to keep him RFing. No matter how I try to explain to DH that it's the new recommendation, he doesn't seem to get the reasoning behind it. Most of what I've leaned about it has been on here. So, suggestions for a good resource to show him?

We're still RFing at 3 but I don't have studies, sorry. @fredalina‌ and @Nana_Osaki06‌ are the local gurus, I think.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Good morning! I'm feeling productive this morning. Cleaned the house top to bottom, washed and put away some clothes, and gave both dogs a bath. DH just got back with some Starbucks. Yay.

Does anyone have a good link on why rear facing to two is considered safer than forward facing? One that explains things really clearly. DS is 18 months and I want to keep him RFing. No matter how I try to explain to DH that it's the new recommendation, he doesn't seem to get the reasoning behind it. Most of what I've leaned about it has been on here. So, suggestions for a good resource to show him?

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12287693/forward-facing/p1

A few posters had good links on this Feb 13 thread.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a mini breakdown overnight when dd just wouldn't settle. She just won't take a pacifier and breaks out of swaddles and I just felt like I had no "tools" to settle her since she was full and didn't want to nurse.

Dh took over and then she had a solid four hours!!!! in his arms.

I think I'm human again.

I'm mildly freaked that she had yellow spit up two nights in a row which is abnormal according to Dr Google and nothing to worry about according to the pedis of other babies on my BMB. I'll be calling her pedi tomorrow to ask for myself.

I feel like a FTM again... Like I freak over everything.

image image
  • @RondackHiker‌ DS had yellow spit up and I took him in... It was left over jaundice

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So I decided against going to Zumba today. The more I thought about it, the more self-conscious I felt about it. We're going for a jog/walk later instead.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReeseFox said:

So I decided against going to Zumba today. The more I thought about it, the more self-conscious I felt about it. We're going for a jog/walk later instead.

Trust me if it's anything like my class was only 10% of the class can do the moves.

• It snowed again, hopefully this is the last snowfall. I'm so ready for spring. Looks like a day of hanging in the house. DH wants to cook something together today...this should be interesting.
  • EVA116 said:

@RondackHiker‌ DS had yellow spit up and I took him in... It was left over jaundice

She wasn't jaundiced in the hospital but they didn't test her the last day ((when she was at her lowest weight).

I hope that's all it is.

image image
  • @peanutrach1 if it makes you feel better I told a woman off at the grocery store last night by saying "sister don't play." I'm not sure where I got that phrase but I think I'm going to start using it all the time.

Classes start again tomorrow I guess I should check my stuff today and see if I'm all set but meh. Productivity. Not my thing.

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • Happy birthday @uconnhuskie007!

We're having a lazy, rainy Sunday here. Had a fun St Paddy's play date yesterday, so taking it easy today. I'm in a DIY home improvement mood, but DH is being a party pooper.

• I'm trying to savor every minute like this because she is my last baby.

@SunnyDays26‌
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My mom left this morning.  DH and I have the day to get things done before our spring break is over.  I'm going to the store in a minute (my "me" time today) and he is getting paperwork done for the house.  We asked for some big stuff to be fixed after the inspection, so we are both holding our breath until the owners get back to us.  

I have overly ripe bananas begging me to bake with them and some more grading to do.  

I bought myself an early birthday present yesterday--Eddie Izzard tickets!!! I am so excited.  I thought I would skip it because we are spending so much money on the house and moving, but I broke down yesterday and told DH I wanted to go. My birthday is in July, and the show is in June, but the wait and the money will be completely worth it.  Come on, June!!!
  • MrsButt said:

@justAphase‌ wow!! That's the best manicure I've ever seen.

QFT

• I'm late to the party here, but happy birthday @uconnhuskie007!

We went out to breakfast as a fAmily this morning which was nice. I was a bit late at getting the corned beef in the crock pot this afternoon though. Didnt get that started til like 2pm. Im hoping if I leave it on high it'll be done by like 6pm.

Am I the only one ready to pop open a bottle of wine now? Is 3pm too early???
  • That really sucks @LauraT25‌

When are you supposed to stop bleeding/being in pain? What did your OB say? Are you back to work yet? @pobrecita
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsT0514 said:
    I'm late to the party here, but happy birthday @uconnhuskie007! We went out to breakfast as a fAmily this morning which was nice. I was a bit late at getting the corned beef in the crock pot this afternoon though. Didnt get that started til like 2pm. Im hoping if I leave it on high it'll be done by like 6pm. Am I the only one ready to pop open a bottle of wine now? Is 3pm too early???
    I had a glass of riesling at noon so I don't think so. ;-)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Hope you feel better soon @pobrecita
  • pobrecita said:
    I am bleeding and in pain AGAIN. My parents are coming in a few hours for dinner, I hope I'm up to cooking. I took some ibprofen hopefully it kicks in soon. Wtmf.
    I'm so sorry. :-(

You just rest - let someone else take care of dinner!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I'm sorry @pobrecita‌. I hope you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"