Parenting after 35

Sex after birth of baby

I was not expecting this and was wondering what others have experienced.  I know this part is normal, I am exhausted!  My pumping schedule does not match my son's feeding schedule.  He eats every 3 hours in the NICU and I try to go for all feedings including his tube feedings.  I am due to pump at 1 am then go to the NICU at 3 am.   Ok, now the thing I am curious about.  I am tired and I had the c-section/hysterectomy 1w 3d ago and almost immediately after I started thinking about having sex with my husband.  It is just so darn sexy to see him with our son and also with how he has been taking care of me.   My OB said I would be at a higher risk for a more severe form of post partum depression because of the hysterectomy.  I have been emotional as far as happy tears for my son and his milestones but so far that is it.   I never expected to be this turned on.  My husband saw my uterus and the horrible scary fibroids along with the other not so pleasent parts of post delivery (mesh panties and huge pads) but he told me that he is having the same type of feeling about me as I am him.  I obviously can't do anything for 6 weeks (but luckily due to the hysterectomy bleeding stopped after a couple of days).  With the fibroids gone, I physically feel great with the exception of post op pain.  When the NICU is closed and we can't visit Ian, we have been making out like a couple of teenagers! I was prepared to feel horrible and not want sex for ages so this is quite the surprise.  Anyone else experience this?

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

Re: Sex after birth of baby

• Lucky you!

We're just exhausted and ain't got time for that.
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Not at all. 15 weeks PP here and sex is the last thing on my mind. When I go to bed, its to sleep. Hopefully that changes sooner rather than later because I'm sure my DH would like our old sex life back, or some form of it at least!

I hope your baby gets out of NICU soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am the opposite. I blame hormones and breast feeding. I have no desire at all. Like whipple said when I go to bed all I want to do is sleep. I found the lack of a sex drive correlates with pregnancy and breast feeding. Once I weaned my daughter and before I got pregnant with my son my sex drive returned. Before that I'd rather have had a root canal and a mammogram then have sex. Also I tore both times while delivering so that adds another ouch factor to it. The first few times are downright uncomfortable. Luckily I have a wonderful, patient husband. He knows it will go back to normal again, it's only temporary.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Negative here too. I am exhausted, my boobs/nipples hurt (actually my whole body hurts) and I have not had the slightest shift in hormones to make me feel the slightest bit excited. I also still feel weird at the incision area from my c-section. It's a little sore and a little numb at the same time. I've assumed things will change when I stop pumping...but it's honestly not even on my mind right now.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Not at all after DS1.  It took months for me to even think about sex.

After DS2 I have a lot more interest but far less time.  I think once I get my tubes tied in the next few weeks it will be a different story and I definitely will make time.  I am so terrified I will get pregnant again so i am avoiding it as much as I can.  We are done having kids.  DS2 is only 4 months so even if we wanted a 3rd its too soon and I would have the same fear.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can say that it was the same for me - but it appears we are the odd ones out. And I didn't wait the six weeks either, FTR.

I can only hope that it will be the same if we are successful this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"