July 2014 Moms

NBR- maternity bathing Suits

Ladies- i need help.  i want to get some maternity bathings suits that will be very supportive on top.  Normally i just get my bathing suits at target, but i found that with my enormous boobs i need underwire or some crazy support. I am large on top DDD+ and a small on the bottom.  Anyone have any suggestions.  Normally i would just not go near a pool but we are starting DD1 on swim lessons and I will have no choice.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image

Re: NBR- maternity bathing Suits

• I have no in put, but I'm in the same situation and can't wait to hear what others suggest. 
  • While I don't have any specific brands or anything to suggest, try amazon. I got a suit because we spend a lot of time in the summer at my inlaws lake house and amazon had a really big selection. I had trouble finding much choice elsewhere. Hopefully they might have what you're looking for, sorry I can't be of more help!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard Target as a recommendation. I'm going to try there first and then maybe amazon if the item as a good return policy. I saw a lot of cute suits on Zulily, but you can't return anything there and that's just not cool when it comes to clothes. 

image image
  • I'm glad this was posted! My mother informed me yesterday that we are doing a bunch of beach days before the baby comes... Obviously going to need a new suit by then. 

How does one go about being a cute beached whale at 8mos pregnant? I honestly can't see myself buying a bathing suit for being that far along...

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited March 2014
    I'm headed to Hawaii at 30 weeks. I do not have super big boobs, but I do have a ton of stretch marks (most from pre-pregnancy). Are there cute tankinis for pregnant ladies (where it actually covers all or most of the belly?)

ETA: nevermind! I asked that before bothering to google and it looks like Target has quite a few options. I'll try those!

• Kohls has some but I'm not sure if they have underwire...
    hi

• When I was pregnant with DD1 I bought a maternity tankini top from Target and just wore plain black bottoms I already had. I'll be honest though, I HATED the long, thick covering over my belly. It's ruched too, so it felt bulky, especially when wet. I ended up buying a regular tankini top in one size up to accommodate the growing girls. I much preferred the thin shorter layer. The bottom half to third of my belly showed, but that didn't bother me at all, so I guess it's just a personal preference.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to motherhood maternity and got a swim top on sale, I'm a DD and it's a halter no wires underneath but I've found it to be plenty supportive. Also I go in the pool quite a bit and it's held up really well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bgoodbparbgoodbpar member
    edited March 2014
    I've never bought a maternity suit but I have had to be in a pool during both my pregnancies. If you're brave enough to rock a bikini I love atleta's swimwear. I'm a 34DDD(add a D on some days now) so finding a suit with a small band and large cup was hard but I love my athleta suits. And I hate covering my bump with swimwear-- it's not comfortable. They are pricey though you go gotta catch em in sale. And I even think they have some on zulily right now. Before these I was wearing the converse brand suits from target which worked fine with DS but lack underwire support.

Oh and athleta does have long tankini's that might work if you want to cover the bump. Don't hold me to that though.

• This pregnancy I went with a maternity top from Old Navy and am happy with it, worn with non-maternity swim bottoms in black. I have already worn it lots this pregnancy.

For those who don't think it is worth getting a maternity suit or top, last pregnancy I just wore a non-maternity bikini with a shirt over it (because I was very conscious of my linea nigra and didn't want that exposed). It worked fine for the few times I was swimming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a maternity tankini from Motherhood with my last pregnancy. I loved it and I'm excited I'll get to use it again. It was pricey, but totally worth it since I have a pool in my yard and DS was born in September so I used it all summer. The bottoms were cut to go under the bump and the top was a halter. No underwire, but the halter part tied, so I was able to tighten it up as needed. 

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I bought a motherhood maternity top with DS and loved it. It was long enough to cover my growing belly. And I just bought a cheap pair of bottoms from Walmart. It had nice thick straps and was really modest. But not too much at the same time. I'll be buying another one this summer and that's probably where I'll look first. And I don't know why but the target closest to us didn't have but maybe 3 choices for maternity.
    <<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

>Pregnancy Ticker>

• When I was pregnant with DD1 I bought a maternity tankini top from Target and just wore plain black bottoms I already had. I'll be honest though, I HATED the long, thick covering over my belly. It's ruched too, so it felt bulky, especially when wet. I ended up buying a regular tankini top in one size up to accommodate the growing girls. I much preferred the thin shorter layer. The bottom half to third of my belly showed, but that didn't bother me at all, so I guess it's just a personal preference.

I don't mind the idea of showing my bump, it's all the stretch marks I'd prefer to keep covered up! Generally I think pregnant women look amazing in bikinis!

• I got a couple tankinis from Motherhood last pregnancy and I just recently got a top from Old Navy. All have been supportive and have gotten the job done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • I wear my Target Merona swimskirts (non maternity) with a motherhood tankini top. It was less than $30 on sale in store. I also bought a Target and Old Navy tankini top, but I think I am going to return both of them because they don't have enough support. I am a 40 E - used to be a 36 DD pre pregnancy! Good luck ladies!
    Anniversary

• I wear my Target Merona swimskirts (non maternity) with a motherhood tankini top. It was less than $30 on sale in store. I also bought a Target and Old Navy tankini top, but I think I am going to return both of them because they don't have enough support. I am a 40 E - used to be a 36 DD pre pregnancy!

I just went on a week long cruise and can testify that it worked great.

Good luck ladies!

Anniversary

• Thanks ladies I am def going to check out some of the suggestions!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HQFQW0O/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1394931519&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

I got this because I went to Florida last week. Super comfortable and cute on

image  BabyName Tickerimage
  • I am not one to wear a bikini but I def wanted tankini for frequent bathroom breaks. I found several choices that work for my more than DDD at layne bryant. All the other stores people mentioned have choices but I wanted one with support that I could try on.
    TTC since 5/11 both uf us are >35
    Clomid 4cycles pregnancy ended in MC 6/12
    IUI #1,2, 3 and 4 ALL BFN.
    Moved on to IVF in Jan. 2013 Beta #1 288, Beta #2 529 Heartbeat on 2/8! Miscarriage at 15 weeks. 4 months to be complete. Every test known to science. No known reason for MC. FET Oct 2013 BFP on 11/2. Beta# 1 910. Successful pregnancy! {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Im a bigger girl (bottom heavy) normal size 12 im going to rock a bikini with a little skirtted bottom in mexico next week! Let them stare dont care ! ;) ill be 26 weeks
    imageAll the food in the world right now...
  • I tried to find a cute and comfortable one for the last month before Hawaii last week... Nothing! They are super thick and heavy which made them itchy (I can't imagine how much worse it'd have been in salt water). I ended up rocking my same bikinis and just let the sides out a little more to compensate for my wider hips. It took me a day or two to feel comfortable but then I felt cute. Plus I felt good about saving the money cause they're expensive for not being very cute!
  • Venus carries some of the bigger sizes for us busty ladies... I dont know how big but I use to get my pre preggo bikini from there and I was a DD then
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BFP 10/27/13---Heartbeat 11/20/13---Its a BOY, Ethan Ray 2/18/14---Possible heart defect 2/18/14---Confirmed Aortic valve abnormality 3/26/14---Scheduled delivery June30th
  • ahjahbaba said:
    Venus carries some of the bigger sizes for us busty ladies... I dont know how big but I use to get my pre preggo bikini from there and I was a DD then
    I bought a Venus bikini the summer before I got pregnant with DS and I loved it. It had an underwire top and the bottoms were a higher rise, which looks best on me. The bottoms wouldn't work when pregnant, but the top would be great. I was a D cup then and didn't have any problems. 

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm going on vaca at the end of this week and have found that regular one piece bathing suits with the ruching down the sides work best. I just buy a much bigger size than I would wear normally.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I forgot to mention that Kohl's has some very cute options right now. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got my tankini at motherhood maternity and I am a DD this pregnancy and last pregnancy and thought it was pretty supportive.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• diamond0404diamond0404 member
    edited March 2014
    I was having very similar issues.  I am a 32/34DDD and prefer to wear underwire tops that are not halter.  I found a few to try, and will be sending some of them back.  I recommend looking at figleaves.com (where I found one that worked), Nordstrom, and Esprit.  They all have quite a few options, but unfortunately they aren't cheap.  Athleta also has some DD tops, and JCrew has simple options for Ds.  I'll be rocking the same top all summer and saving my older suits till next year.  Good luck!  I know it can be immensely frustrating, especially since underwire suits can be expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"