Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby Jogger City Select - How is it as a single stroller?

I am considering the City Select as I have 15mo old and I'm now expecting #2. 15mo LO doesn't like to ride in the stroller currently but I think I need the option for him to ride. So I am considering the Select because you don't HAVE to use it as a double, but I think I've read people say it's a bear to use as a single? How is it to fold, manuever, etc as a single stroller? And also with infant seat snapped in too? 

Thanks!
Lisa
Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
Now expecting #2!
BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)

Re: Baby Jogger City Select - How is it as a single stroller?

• Options
    I compared the City Select with the B Ready, and the B Ready is much lighter/ easier to steer as a single. I also dislike the cross bar between the back wheels on the CS. I like the seating arrangement on the CS a little better as a double, but the other factors of the B Ready won me over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hmm maybe I'll have to go check them out. I really dislike the double seating on the b ready, but then again since my older LO doesn't like to ride that much I don't know how much I'd actually end up using it as a double. But I don't see him liking being in the back when he does ride, he likes to check things out.
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think the cross bar would bother me in the back, I'm using a City Mini right now so it's kind of the same thing, but the manueverability as a single is what concerns me so what you said helps me think I should check out the Britax too! Thanks :)
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • Options
    I registered for the City Select.  This is my first, but we'll try for another close in age, and I really didn't care for the B Ready as a double, the way the 2nd one sits low & behind the seat of the other.   On the City Select, I liked the big, good wheels, the fact it can be rear facing and being able to remove the stroller seat and use the car seat.  It's heavy as a beast, but so is B-Ready, and I figured that heft is worth it for the other features. 
  • Options
    We had the City Mini with our first and purchased the City Select recently. We've only pushed it around in the house so far, but I really like it a lot. 

I will say, it's not any harder to fold, but it is a little heavier than the City Mini. But overall, I am not that concerned with that aspect. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Awesome thanks Lara! That helps!
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • Options
    We have the city select and use the glider board for #1 with #2 in the stroller. If your LO hates the stroller, the glider board may be fun if they are old enough. My LO usually sits on it and holds on to the lower back cross bar. You are not really supposed to do it that way but he prefers it to standing and won't use a seat in the stroller, so to works for us.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We recently bought the city select in anticipation of LO #2s arrival and have only used it as a single. We also have a city mini. The cs is just as easy to fold but it is heavier. I think it is pretty easy to use and push around as a single, but not as easy as the city mini. All in all we think it will be a great stroller for us since DD will only be 22 months and really loves the stroller. I really love that both seats are full seats and not a rumble seat and I like all the seating configurations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been using the cs as a single for 2 years and don't consider it a bear. I love it :)
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! 

My only concern now is that my now 15mo will be too big for it too soon for me to get the right use out of it. Maybe I'm overthinking it. He's about 33-34" at 15mo. 
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! 

My only concern now is that my now 15mo will be too big for it too soon for me to get the right use out of it. Maybe I'm overthinking it. He's about 33-34" at 15mo. 

My 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old fit fine in ours. I only use it when I absolutely have to with both kids because I'm not a fan. It was a necessity at the DD was born because DS was only 14 mo and just started walking. For DS I had a Vista and loved it but didn't like the 2nd seat option. Now we use shopping carts or if DH is with me (99% of the time) we use 2 G-Luxes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    Thanks Casey, that's good to know. I feel like it will be kind of a necessity for me too bc my LO will be just under 2 when the other is born and cannot be trusted to walk (or even glide board) I don't think yet!
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • Options
    We went with the b ready and mainly because of price where we got the infant car seat for free and everything was $340.
    We recently bought the second seat and lower car seat adaptors for the infant seat to be used on the bottom while #2 is an infant. DS isn't a stroller fan but he actually doesn't mind sitting in the b ready since it sits up high. We also have a city mini but he'd rather be in the b ready.

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    Thanks everyone!! 

We just got it, as we are expecting our second in May. DS will be 3 and is big (39") but has been willing and ready to get in this stroller. You can adjust the rain cover canopies to accomodate bigger toddlers. We didn't want to do a sit and stand cause he needs the option of being strapped in at times and likes to nap in his stroller sometimes. I'm sure any double seated stroller is more ideal with kids less than 2 years apart, but I think you'll be able to use is stroller for awhile and it has great re-sale on Craigslist from what I've seen.

• Options
    Thanks bcnoelle! Good to know! I agree, my son needs to be strapped in LOL. He's a wild child even at 15mo, I can't trust him to just stand.
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • Options
    I have the city select and use as a single. I love it. Its not as light and maneuverable as a regular single, obviously. It can be a little bit of a pain. But, man the storage is awesome. Especially this winter with the coats and blankets. Its so sturdy I can hang a million shopping bags off of it and it will never tip.
    Also, dd likes to sit up high so I have her on the top rung. I like to pull the handle bar out all of the way too.
    This makes the whole thing long, so if I need to I put her on the bottom and push in handle bar to make it more compact. I like the versatility of it.

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"