April 2013 Moms

Are you doing Arts and Crafts with LO?

ClandestineXClandestineX member
edited March 2014 in April 2013 Moms
If you are, can you give me some ideas by telling me what you are doing? I just bought some finger paint and we are going to town in a few minutes on a white board. I will post pictures when we are done!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Are you doing Arts and Crafts with LO? 90 votes

Yes, all the time.
3% 3 votes
Yes, once in a while.
10% 9 votes
Once
6% 6 votes
No, not yet, but plan to.
52% 47 votes
No, not interested.
8% 8 votes
No, have no idea where to start.
15% 14 votes
SS (special snowflake, explain)
3% 3 votes

Re: Are you doing Arts and Crafts with LO?

• We do a lot of finger painting & I let him color with crayons while I hold his hand.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • knitfaced said:
    My girls just pretty much eat all arts and craft supplies, so no. I don't really consider me making crafts using their hands and feet as them doing arts and crafts.
    Why is that?

• knitfaced said:
    Because they have no agency. If I just use their body as a stamp they are a tool for my craft but they aren't doing crafts. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that. I have done that lots but I don't consider it something they are doing or learning. Here is a picture of my beach bag. It is baby foot prints but in my mind it's not a craft they did.
    Yeah, stamping feet and hand prints everywhere, they aren't doing it themselves, but I do think they are learning. 

When I put his hands in the paint, he was opening and closing his hands and hearing the squishing sound and examining his hand. He was also watching me stick my finger in the paint and painting the board. He did it after I did for a few times then he was done. 

• Aprilbaby49Aprilbaby49 member
    edited March 2014
    Great job Connor! Love the artwork :)
    @ClandestineX‌ -Connor didn't try to eat the paint?

I'd love to do something like this with Noah but I imagine him eating the paint and getting it everywhere.

Edit to fix a letter
    Anniversary
  • rgrundon said:
    @ClandestineX‌ .... looks like he had fun!
    He did, but my OCD kicked in instantly and I had to use baby wipes each time his hands were dirty lol. I hope that goes away soon for me. 

• Great job Connor! Love the artwork :)@ClandestineX‌ -Connor didn't try to eat the paint? I'd love to do something like this with Noah but I imagine him eating the paint and getting it everywhere. Edit to fix a letter
    He put his hands in his mouth (which he does when he is nervous) but he did not actively try and eat it. Thank you! I expected him to get it everywhere and I was going to gauge and see if he would eat it and if so then I would move to the edible paint. Though the washable kind I have washed off really easily.

• Not yet but I will. He does lots at daycare. Somebody told me to buy washable finger paint and let him loose in the bath tub, which I think is pretty cute.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was thinking about using some chocolate pudding to "paint" on wax paper... but yeah most art supplies are consumed at this point.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • elbouelbou member
    He actually "drew" his first picture the other day. I was using a marker and making a list. I let him play with the marker lidded and he kept it on the paper. So I took it off and he did the same thing! I was shocked. It looks like a weird bird. Lol I saved it. So I'm thinking about buying him some crayons for Christmas. I wonder if the markers that only work on the paper would be a better idea. I have been doing a handprint tree for each season and now that the four are done I just need to paste them to some white board and frame it. It was a lot of hassle with him being so young but I'm really happy I did it. For winter he actually seemed more aware and like he wanted to play with it. We did the handprint ornaments. For father's day I'm thinking of doing the taping #1 Dad on paper and letting him go to town with paint on it and then you peel the tape off.
    @Mommymorticia, I don't find these to be a worthwhile investment. They are waaay more expensive than regular markers/paints, and you also have to buy special paper for them. Plus, even though they don't show up anywhere other than the paper, they still leave a sticky mess behind. I would rather have a mess that I can see when doing arts and crafts. Much easier to clean up that way! :)

• Will does art at least once a week at daycare. And since I'm his teacher I'm taking credit for doing it with him as his momma too. We do some art at home too although he's better at a sensory project that is flavorful such as pudding, since all product (whether edible or not) end up in his mouth anyway.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Nope, my kid is too hyper for something like this, unfortunately!

Anniversary

• I'd like to, but Noah puts EVERYTHING in his mouth immediately right now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ClandestineXClandestineX member
    edited March 2014
    @Mommy2BEL - I found this in the store and it was cheaper than it is on Amazon.

• This poll makes me feel like a bad mom. I spend the majority of my day trying to keep him from doing dangerous things and getting messed with by his brother!
  • suedell said:
    This poll makes me feel like a bad mom. I spend the majority of my day trying to keep him from doing dangerous things and getting messed with by his brother!
    Aww, don't feel like a bad mom. My mother never did artsy stuff with any of us and I was offered a 4 year scholarship for my artistic abilities. I used to love drawing.. I mean it was my world. I am doing this with him now only to change up the routine which is boring me.. can't go out and do stuff because of snow and cold and I am about to flip my lid being cooped up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"