Cloth Diapering

Do you need to wear a bra/saggy boob test....

blondolphnblondolphn member
edited March 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Women at various stages of their lives can use this simple "test" to determine whether they ought to wear a bra. The woman places a pencil in the inframammary fold, where the underside of the breasts attach to the chest wall. If the breast's lower (inferior) surface does not lie against the chest wall, the pencil will fall to the ground, and the woman has "passed the pencil test" and may not need to wear a bra. If the pencil stays put, the woman is "officially a woman, with all the attendant glories".[1] The supposition is that breasts that are not pendulous are self-supporting and do not need the added support of a bra.
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Do you need to wear a bra/saggy boob test.... 75 votes

no bra or saggy boobs for me...
17% 13 votes
I need a bra
37% 28 votes
I have saggy boobs
45% 34 votes

Re: Do you need to wear a bra/saggy boob test....

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pencil_test_(breasts)

See above clicky for more details on how to do the test.

• I'm saggy boob girl... Not worth the denial.

• Loading the player...
  • I can't pass the pencil test, but I still think my boobs look pretty good without a bra.  I guess I'm either delusional or a special snowflake.
  • @chickypoo2468  wikiepedia didn't say what happens if you have one of each, and wikipedia is written in like stone so it must be the end all...

• What if you have one of each

I'm gonna take my new idea to Shark Tank... The Pirates Patch Bra: for when only one boob needs additional support.

I LLOL.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I could manage without but wouldn't want to because I would leak milk and get sore nips. Also, when in the past I have gone bra-less around the house I would constantly have to fight off DH from copping a feel.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I could put a pack of pencils under there and they would still stay. Saggy, for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @secretagentkate
    That's for those that can hold a pencil, but feel they don't have saggy boobs... Or if they have more than enough to consitute wearing a bra, but don't sag.

• I hate this.
    I first heard about it when I was 16 or 17 and still as perky as they come…and I didn't pass.
    I think there is probably a size cap for how accurate this is…  my 32Fs are never going to be self-supporting away from my rib cage, but that doesn't mean they're sagging either.  Well…maybe they'll begin NOW that I'm getting older and more pregnant but you're gonna tell me I was saggy at 17?  false.  I'm not even saggy now…but I've never been able to go braless either.  
    Maybe I'm just a special snowflake too…
  • I hate this.
    I first heard about it when I was 16 or 17 and still as perky as they come…and I didn't pass.
    I think there is probably a size cap for how accurate this is…  my 32Fs are never going to be self-supporting away from my rib cage, but that doesn't mean they're sagging either.  Well…maybe they'll begin NOW that I'm getting older and more pregnant but you're gonna tell me I was saggy at 17?  false.  I'm not even saggy now…but I've never been able to go braless either.  
    Maybe I'm just a special snowflake too…
    Special snowflakes unite!
  • Mapleme said:

I think my boobs started sagging around puberty

Mine too. Saggy B cups to saggy F. I'm wearing a shelf tank top today which I won't leave the house in because I have 6 inches of cleavage.
  • I was a 34 DD before Logan and nursing for 9 months. I didn't go without a bra before, and I'm definitely not now! Saggy for sure.

I want a boob job for my 40th birthday. I could care less about the stretch marks on my stomach, but I mourn the loss of my nice rack. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I need a bra but mh swears they're not saggy. My uo...if you've gone through puberty,you need a bra
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• If I wouldn't poke someones eye out I would totally go braless. I am on the smaller size. Well at least when not bfing. If I didn't wear one now I would leak all over!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • I failed the test, but I think my b
    Mandmeesh said:
    I need a bra but mh swears they're not saggy. My uo...if you've gone through puberty,you need a bra

image It is obvious I'm not wearing a bra, right?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • mmm50mmm50 member
    Not saggy yet (thank you breastfeeding!)  but definitely too huge to go bra-less.  Except at home.  Bras at home are a drag.  I hate when people stop over unannounced.  
  • Dang genetics. I've never been perky even with a B or small C cup...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"