April 2013 Moms

Ho. Lee. Shit.

So my younger brother and his girlfriend just broke up two weeks ago. He just recently moved here to Chicago and she is a teacher on the West coast. They couldn't make the long distance work. So....yesterday she called him and she's PREGNANT. My brother is absolutely floored and overwhelmed, but of course supportive of her and the baby- and he wants to be around for the baby, too. I, selfishly, am already figuring out how I can be involved in the baby's life because it will be our only niece/nephew. And OF COURSE I've given away all of our baby gear. He hasn't even told our parents yet so H and I are the only ones who know. I know it's not a big deal in some families, and it's not important to me, but this will be the only baby born on either side of the family that doesn't have married parents. I just hope everyone is accepting and accommodating. Gah, sorry this is long- I'm just concerned/excited/nervous for my brother, his ex and this little nugget!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ho. Lee. Shit.

• Congrats! Exciting and terrifying for him all at the same time I'm sure. I hope they can work out the logistics so the LO has lots of family involved in his/her life. Good luck to your brother!!
  • Congrats, auntie!  How exciting!  I hope everybody is supportive and that your bro is happy... that would be a tough issue in my family too, so I get it.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • elbouelbou member
    Awww, congrats Auntie! Hopefully the rest of the family is as excited as you are! Even if they're not, he will appreciate your support. It makes all the difference in the world!

• Congrats!  How scary and exciting at the same time!  Hopefully your brother and his ex can figure out a way to make things work for them!!
  • Congrats! I know you will be a great aunt!

• Congratulations!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congradultations auntie! Do you think he'll feel pressure to get married? I hope not. I've seen three different couples get married because of a pregnancy & they all divorced within two years. This might not be the case with your brother but I just hope for his happiness

• I think it's great that he knows he has a support system already in place with you. Hopefully the rest of the family will be as open and excited as you are. I hope too, that he and his ex can figure out a way that they can both equally be in the baby's life. Congrats, auntie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How exciting for you and your brother! I'm about to become an aunt for the first time myself and it's an exciting time. FX that your brother's ex has a healthy pregnancy so you can meet your future niece/nephew in 9 months :)
    Anniversary
  • Wow! Scary and exciting. I hope things work out between your brother and the ex-g too!

• Congrats...is he thinking about rekindling their relationship?

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"