September 2014 Moms
Options

PgAL brain is eating away at me tonight/this morning. *update at bottom*

TinkL0verTinkL0ver member
edited March 2014 in September 2014 Moms
My insulin needs have dropped dramatically these past few days. I haven't been having as many highs and way more lows. Today I only gave myself insulin once instead of the 3-5 times a day that I have before and my numbers are still pretty good. I can't help but wonder if it's because the placenta has stopped hormone production, making me need less insulin. My doctor told me my needs should consistently be rising. I have an appointment with them on Friday but I think I may call the diabetic nurse when they open to hopefully set my mind at ease.

*update* saw doc, no reason given for the insulin drop but baby is looking good.

Re: PgAL brain is eating away at me tonight/this morning. *update at bottom*

• Options
    I definitely think it would be a good idea to call and let them know what is going on. I hope everything is okay and your appointment goes well on Friday.

• Options
    Agree with @anymax. Try not to worry, but definitely be in touch with your doctor.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope everything is okay.  Definitely get in touch with your doctor to be safe and ease your mind.
  • Options
    Update: Saw the doc today, everything is fine, little one is growing fantastically but they don't know what is going on with my insulin. They told me to monitor and report back next week, which i find a little unhelpful (only because that's what I'm doing anyway) but feeling better now that I know it wasn't another missed miscarriage  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"