April 2014 Moms

Contraction timer app

Re: Contraction timer app

• kseccomb17kseccomb17 member
    edited March 2014
    I literally typed it in on the play store and downloaded the most popular one. It's called Contraction Timer.
  • I used Full Term with my DD. I loved that it was so easy. Also, you can email yourself the data to have for a keepsake. That was for my Iphone though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a stop watch :O
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I literally typed it in on the play store and downloaded the most popular one. It's called Contraction Timer.
    I downloaded this last night. extremely simple design, press start when one starts, press stop when it stops, and it keeps track of them against a time line.

Exactly what I wanted, something incredibly simple and easy to use.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • With DD and when I was having a lot of BH's earlier I used Contraction Master.  It's really simple to use but it's the only one I have experience with ;)
  • I was planing to use the one that's part of my webmd pregnancy app. Any experience out there?

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
    SA: normal
    HSG: all clear
    5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
    IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
    Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
    IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • thank you!  i've been meaning to choose one.  i just downloaded Full Term so we'll see how it goes.
  • Blaurier09Blaurier09 member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks! Just downloaded contraction timer. I would like to have one that informs me of the moment to go to L&d but I guess I have to pay for that.
  • I used contraction timer too.  Still has my data saved and I also emailed my self the data.  
    Was cool to look back on.  And super easy to use.

On a side note, I used contraction timer all day with first labor and forgot to pack my phone charger and had no phone after DS was born.  Not the end of the world, but make sure to pack charger as soon as you start using the app :)

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• Thanks! Just downloaded contraction timer. I would like to have one that informs me of the moment to go to L&d but I guess I have to pay for that.
    say whaaat?  i'm pretty sure an app can't tell you that, honey.  contractions aren't one size fits all.  what are you hoping the app does for you?  remind you when your contractions are a certain number of minutes apart and a certain length?  
  • I am going to use ibirth. It has a few other things besides a contraction timer. Most lined up with the techniques we learned in our birthing class. It's not free though.
  • Thanks! Just downloaded contraction timer. I would like to have one that informs me of the moment to go to L&d but I guess I have to pay for that.
    say whaaat?  i'm pretty sure an app can't tell you that, honey.  contractions aren't one size fits all.  what are you hoping the app does for you?  remind you when your contractions are a certain number of minutes apart and a certain length?  
    I'm pretty sure Contraction Master tells you something about calling your Dr or heading to the hospital.  I remember this b/c when it happened DH freaked and wanted to jump in the car and I was like it's ok, let's just wait a bit longer.  It all worked out in the end ;)
  • I downloaded full term and contraction timer last night. After looking at both I liked full term a lot more so I'll be using this one. Very simple to use and has a chart of pre labor, active labor, etc. I like this because in the moment I'm sure I'll forget what our childbirth class taught me!
  • I am going to use ibirth. It has a few other things besides a contraction timer. Most lined up with the techniques we learned in our birthing class. It's not free though.
    there is a free version of it in the play store, but the free version only has the contraction timer. the other features you have to pay for. I have downloaded this one too but am looking into others too.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ImnAtari said:
    I want one that hooks up to my own personal toco monitor so I don't have to think about anything...

Maybe some day.

Until then I've been using full term during my week-o-hellish-false-labor. Seems to be working well.
    Thought this said taco monitor and I was intrigued.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • I totally read it as taco too.... hey, it wouldn't be that far off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"