Parenting

It is Happy Hour somewhere

After going through no less than 6 outfits and removing car seat insert and straps due to spit up, I had to deal with a onesie trashing diaper blow out. DS1 is watching Rabbids Invasion (which is probably killing brain cells), DS2 is being nursed into a nap and I am having ALL the wine.

Anyone else imbibing yet? Any plans to later? If not, whatcha doin'?

Re: It is Happy Hour somewhere

• Give me an hour and I'll be there too. I'm contemplating stopping to get something stronger than wine.

No plans it's pizza night at our house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • MrsButt said:

We're doing pizza and booze for dinner. So yes, I have plans for drinking. It's Friday. It's been a loooooong week.

Are you back in your regular office @mrsbutt

• Yep. As previously mentioned, I had a day where most everything went wrong. DH has a HH for a coworker that's leaving the company so I'm talking DD out to eat and then drinking all the wine and watching trashy TV.

Positive note- our housekeeper came today so I am going home to a clean house. Whoot.

• @pobrecita‌ sorry you are bleeding so much. Heavy periods are the worst.

I love housekeeper day. It is the only day my house is clean. We try to schedule play dates and dinner dates with friends at our house accordingly.
  • @pobrecita YES, yes it is!

Are you bleeding from your procedure? Hope it stops soon. That's no way to start a weekend. 

• @pobrecita if you are still bleeding heavily from your procedure you should definitely get checked out.
  • Now I want someone to come clean my house.

I am great at picking up, decluttering and general wipe downs. But I fucking HATE deep cleaning.

I hate all cleaning. I do feel accomplished after I do it but hate doing it.

• @pobrecita‌ I hope everything is ok.

• @reesefox have you tried the mangoritas? Delicious!

• pobrecita said:

I am probably bleeding to death so I'm having one last beer.

But seriously, if it doesn't stop in the next hour or so I'm calling the on call OB. I don't know what the fuck is going on.
    Me fracking too. I'm actually lightheaded but think it might be slowing down.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hope everything is ok @pobrecita‌
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @pobrecita‌ I hope it is no big deal but glad to see you called.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • @reesefox have you tried the mangoritas? Delicious!
    What is this mangorita of which you speak? FYI I've not read the rest of the thread, and I'm actually walking out the door at work so I won't see your reply for awhile. Can't wait to find out the answer. LOL

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• No drinking yet. My kid is napping so I worked out and took a shower. Now I know she is close to waking up so I am just chilling on the couch even though I should do dishes instead. Ugh I don't feel like it.

We are going to MIL's for dinner. Then we will come home and have some Cap'n and cokes and watch shark tank. Thrilling I know.

• @justAphase‌ that sounds awesome. The kids will entertain each other, wine, and nobody has to drive! I'm jealous.

• ReeseFox said:

@reesefox have you tried the mangoritas? Delicious!

What is this mangorita of which you speak? FYI I've not read the rest of the thread, and I'm actually walking out the door at work so I won't see your reply for awhile. Can't wait to find out the answer. LOL

I had this last week Reese. Supervisor loves limaritas too. And I decided to step out on the edge. Definitely not my style. Too sweet. Back to dry wine.

• shadypinesshadypines member
    edited March 2014
    Will be drinking soon. Probably won't be up too late. Plan on taking the kids to the dinosaur expo in PA tomorrow. Wine and seafood on deck 2 hrs!

Edit!!! Fuck you auto correct!

• @ReeseFox‌

I was thinking you liked the strawberry ones

• @ReeseFox‌ I was thinking you liked the strawberry ones

Oh yum! If my brain was working properly I probably could have figured this out. I haven't seem those, but I will definitely try it. I have a case of Angry Orchard I need to finish first.

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

• Sorry to hear @pobrecita‌
    hope you have some relief soon!

• Hope the medicine works @pobrecita‌

@reesefox glad I was remembering correctly I was starting to feel creepy that you popped in my head when I bought them :)

• Also watching Cinderella (first ever) will DD. The cat name is really Lucifer! Yikes!!!

• We're eating fish tonight too. I think I'll make margaritas.  Happy Friday everyone!
    A: 3.07
    G: 6.10
    L: 11.13

• I'm making a cake and I've got the song from Lazy Town stuck in my head. "It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake!"

I'm taking a break at the moment, because my parents went to get me a little bottle of vodka... for food color painting.
    -------------------------------------
  • Hellooooo everyone! I just got in from picking up DS from DC and feeding him some dinner. Chicken nuggets with sweet potato tots and buttered peas for him. Ordering a pizza for me and DH.

I'm only day 4 of this augmentin rx and am debating on having a glass of wine myself...I have to work a double tomorrow. Ugh.
  • GotGingy said:

Oh!  And I have cappuccino pie for later!  AHHH!!

Jelly

• @reesefox good luck with the bottles! All the booze for you :)

@pobrecita I hope the meds work this time...glad she was able to get you in quickly and in the office.

• ReeseFox said:

@ReeseFox‌

I was thinking you liked the strawberry ones

Oh yum! If my brain was working properly I probably could have figured this out. I haven't seem those, but I will definitely try it. I have a case of Angry Orchard I need to finish first.

They also have raspberry which I bought for tomorrow.

• We are just waiting for DH to get home so we can head over to MIL's. I would so much rather be going out to eat Mexican and have a margarita.

It kills me that MIL's boyfriend doesn't drink so no more booze at her house. She used to have a bonfire/booze party at her house like every weekend.

• I was going to be nice and wait For SO to get home to drink, but its been 1.5 hours and she has cried twice and choked on her water and threw up so wine is poured. I will wait on the hard stuff till he comes home ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"