Secondary IF

Intro

Hi.

I have struggled with infertility since 2009. After an unplanned pregnancy and loss we started trying actively and could not conceive. After almost two years of ttc, we started fertility testing. I have PCOS (although I had regular cycles) and DH has low sperm count and low mobility. We tried a natural cycle using u/s to monitor ovulation and found that I ovulate very late. The next cycle we used clomid and it caused my cysts to grow too large. I was given two weeks of BC and told to wait for my next cycle. The following cycle we did injections and the IUI with 2 weeks of Progesterone. And three or four more cycles I had a chemical. We decided financially we needed to take a break. We naturally concieved in January 2012 that resulted in a natural miscarriage from an ectopic. Got pregnant May 2012 and had DD January 2013. We have been TTC for 10 months now. Even confirmed ovulation with OPKs and had sex at ovulation during 3 cycles and nothing. Cycles are varying from 20 days to 35 days. Started charting today and hope to meet with my PCM to get a referral for RE this month. I am using fertility friend and the bump fertility chart to help track along with OPKs. When do you start using your OPKs during your cycle?

Thanks for listening. I am here to help support others and hopefully get a little support myself.
DX: Me-PCOS Dh-Low Mobility, Low Count
M/C - July 2009
Chemical - August 2011(IUI)
Ectopic - February 2012
PG #4 - DD - January 2013

Re: Intro

• pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited March 2014
    Hi, so it seems like you are able to conceive on your own, that's great. It might just take you a little longer since your cycles are a little wonky. Out of those 10 months you've been trying, you can really only count 3 of those, because if you don't ovulate (or don't time your sex correctly), then it doesn't matter if you "tried" that month or not, right?

I wouldn't worry just yet. Maybe a few more cycles of properly timed intercourse will be all you need.

Good luck. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So, what is your IF DX? If it's in your siggy I'm sorry. I'm mobile so I can't see it. I'm a little confused. When have you been using OPKs? If you've confirmed ovulation 3 cycles then you shod be aware if when to use OPKs. Are those 3 cycles the only time you've been TTCing? I'm not trying to be mean it rude but your post is very scattered, conflicting and confusing. Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet....
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • hi there, i'm so sorry for your losses. hope you are able to get in with an RE soon to figure out what in the heck is going on.

as far as opks... my cycles can be irregular and i am a pee-aholic so i literally start peeing on them the day i stop my period. and i usually only get 1 day of +opk so starting CD10 or so i start peeing on them twice a day, once around 11AM and again at 3PM.
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• I would try to have DH tested again first, you need to know if he is producing enough to get you KU. Then just bd only every other day around positive OPK days...I would suggest start testing day 10, and maybe even twice a day if you are having trouble pinpointing ovulation. I agree, if you get it timed correctly you may get lucky again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm very sorry for your struggles and losses.  One thing I would mention, you cannot confirm ovulation with OPKs.  An OPK will tell you when your LH surges, but cannot tell you if you actually ovulate.  Your body can gear up to ovulate with an LH surge but not actually ovulate.The only ways to confirm ovulation is with an u/s or with a BBT temp shift.  I would recommend getting a BBT and start charting your temp to see what's going on with your wonky cycles.  Fertility Friend is a good website to get information and they have an app too to make it easier. 

Good luck!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • I am sorry to hear of your losses.  Good luck, and definitely have your hubby checked again. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"