Houston Babies

help. no heartbeat

I got my bfp 1/10/14 my lmp was 12/9/13. I took another test 1/17/14 it came out positive. Said 3+ wks since ovulation. On friday 2/28 i got my first ultrasound there was no heartbeat but a 10 wk plus gestational sac. I got bloodwork done wont get it until monday and on wed i get another u/s anyone had this? I get a second opinion also from another doctor on monday in the afternoon. If both go bad i wont have a choice but to schedule a d&c has anyone ever had this? Btw its my fifth pregnancy. First was a MC cause by placental abruption the next was my rainbow baby (delivered via csection early bc of preeclampsia) the third pregnancy also a MC I was 8wk 3days started bleeding no heartbeat as well fourh pregnancy Rainbow baby #2 delivered VBAC. This is my 5th pgncy

Best Answer

Answers

• Sometimes it can take until 12 weeks to hear a HB, so all is not lost. I hope you get good news at your next US.

I hate to even bring this up b/c you don't know for sure yet if it's bad news, but I would ask about taking medication rather than doing a D&C. Your doctor may prefer the D&C method in your case for some reason, but the more abdominal surgery you have the more likely for you to have further complications later. You may be aware of all of this already b/c I can see from your post that you've really been through some hard experiences with a complicated pregnancy ending in C sections and miscarriages, but it's something to seriously think about.

I'm 34 weeks and going to deliver next week (FX) at 35 weeks b/c I have placenta previa, a velamentous cord insertion, and a suspected placenta accreta. All of these you are at more of at a risk of having the more D&Cs and C sections you have, and I only had 1 C section (my 2 year old) and 1 D&C due to MMC last may.

Again though, good luck at your next US. Hopefully all these concerns are moot.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have heard of placenta previa but 35 wk is a very good stage where baby can survive. My first son was delivered by csection at 36wks. The labor was induced due to preeclampsia. He had some jaundice but he is a healthy soon to be three year old.

As far as our second opinion I was diagnosed with a Twin Partial Molar Pregnancy. We had our dnc by vacuum aspiration 3/7/14 It was tough. Hoping for levels to get back to zero soon to try again. Although we cannot try for another six months. Thank you for replying.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"