December 2011 Moms
Options

Dentist??

Any LO's been to the dentist yet? DS has his first appt next Saturday. I excitedly told him he was going and he said nooo I don't want to! He's usually a mess at the doctors so I'm nervous lol. Hopefully it isn't a complete disaster but they said he's scheduled for a cleaning and X-ray...lol right!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dentist??

• Options
    DD2 is going on Monday. Our dentist makes the first few appointments very low-key. They basically just do what they can and don't force anything. Sometimes that means all they do is look in their mouth or brush their teeth. DD1 did amazing at her first appointment (she was about DD2s age). She let them polish, floss, and put fluoride on her teeth. And then she didn't do so well for the next couple of appts. At her last appt she did great again, and I expect her to keep doing well. I'm not sure what to expect with DD2. Some days I can brush her teeth without any problems and other days I can't even get her to open her mouth. I think it might help her to see her sister go first.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Leap08 said:

DD2 is going on Monday. Our dentist makes the first few appointments very low-key. They basically just do what they can and don't force anything. Sometimes that means all they do is look in their mouth or brush their teeth. DD1 did amazing at her first appointment (she was about DD2s age). She let them polish, floss, and put fluoride on her teeth. And then she didn't do so well for the next couple of appts. At her last appt she did great again, and I expect her to keep doing well. I'm not sure what to expect with DD2. Some days I can brush her teeth without any problems and other days I can't even get her to open her mouth. I think it might help her to see her sister go first.

Ok good! I really didn't think they would do all that for the first appointment. He loves brushing his teeth or having me do it he just isn't a fan of other people messing with him, it all started after his strep test, he hates the doctors now!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been for 2 check up's and DD really likes the dentist. We go to a kiddo specific one and she always gets prizes after. They also make it "fun" while she's there and have animals on the tools, so now she tells everyone a zebra tickled her teeth. Vibes it goes smoothly!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"