November 2014 Moms

Working out???

Anyone working out? My mom begged me to stop the next couple weeks because of my previous miscarriage but I'm not listening, I've always been told it's better to work out. I am not consistent with working out but I'd like to be, maybe we could have a weekly work out check-in to support each other if anyone else is interested?

Re: Working out???

• I'm still working out. I run and do Pilates. What kind of exercise are you into?
  • I run/do the elliptical and then the circuit. I've been thinking of trying some yoga or other classes to keep me motivated. I'm so on and off with it though, there is a part of me that is a total fitness gym rat, and then there's the other side that wants to watch reality tv and eat carbs with extra carbs on the carbs :) trying to find a balance.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was working out rather hard, but then a couple weeks ago I had a little accident while skiing and my knee isn't quite back up to snuff to do the same level of work out I had been doing. Once it's better, I will return to my old work out. As it is, I'm focusing on upper arms and very low level cardio (because my knee wont bend much).

I did read somewhere that as a pregnant woman, working out is fine as long as you keep your HR around or below 140 BPM. I believe I actually read that in the WTE book.
    Pregnancy #1 - 2009, lost at 5.5 weeks
    Pregnancy #2 - 2011, healthy baby boy
    Pregnancy #3 - 2014, blighted ovum, lost at 10 weeks
    Pregnancy #4 - 2015, due 8/8/15
  • I work out at least a few times a week. Stay hydrated and it's fine. It's very, very good for you to work out while pregnant.
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't been working out to study for my exam. Starting Sunday, I plan on continuing my usual work out routine. Step, body pump, cxworx, and power yoga. I go to insanity but I think it's too intense to do while pregnant. At least for me because I've only been doing it for a month.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• I run, and I've been considering starting yoga again.
    I actually just did a self defense class on Weds night and I am so sore from it! It hurts to cough. But it felt pretty darn good to punch something. I'd never punched anything in my life before that, so it was fun to see what it felt like. And empowering :)
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • pauljlpauljl member
    edited February 2014
    I'm still working out too. I've dropped a bit in intensity , but I'm still breaking a sweat!

Eta: @kristy774 I like the idea of a weekly check in!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I ran a half marathon just last week, teach spin, and do a weight class. I will continue to run and spin, but maybe drop my mileage a bit and some of the intensity of spin. As long as you've been working out previously, your fine. Listen to your body and stop immediately if you have, bleeding, cramps, or dizziness. Also stay hydrated! Dehydration actually can cause onset of cramps/contractions!
  • * I will also continue to weight lift--- did that last pregnancy and it was the number one thing in my opinion that kept me in shape!!
  • I also run. I took a break, because frankly, I just haven't felt like it, but with warmer weather I'll be back out there. And as mentioned, if your body was used to it before pregnancy it is fine.
  • I ride an exercise bike for about 70 minutes almost every day, and I plan to continue my routine unless I'm physically unable to. I worked out regularly throughout my last two pregnancies as well, and I think being in better shape helped me with my VBACs.
  • I've Been WOndering The Same THing. I Just Started Working Out 2 Months Ago. When I Found Out I Was PRegnant On Monday I Didn't Know If I Should Continue To Work Out. Especially With My Previous Miscarriages. I KnowThey Say It's Ok AndActually Very Healthy WhenYou Have Been Doing It Before Pregnancy. But I DOnt Know If 2 Months BeforEhand Is Long Enough. Might Wait TIll 12 Weeks.
  • Hey, I run, though I haven't for the past 2 weeks because this is the coldest, iciest winter in my running life, and I'm terrified of falling, and I dunno, dislodging things from my uterine wall... hey, might be possible, and it's.so.cold.

I'm signed up for a half marathon at around 17 weeks preg... I think I'll keep it as a bit of a goal, but I want a little note next to my internet time that indicates I did it pregnant!
    I'm too cheap to back out of an 85$ race.

Also, as an aside, the 140bpm theory has been proven unfounded, so doctors shouldn't be using that as a guideline anymore.
  • We should have a workout check-in, to keep us motivated!
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • JsRibJsRib member
    I workout 6x per week. Running and lift pretty heavy. I have stopped running and just walk at an incline because I'm seriously out of breathe. I also have taken my amount of weight down a tad while lifting and just add a few extra reps or another set. I sort of just want to start showing so I don't look like a slacker to all the regulars at the gym! Haha
  • I would love to do check-ins for working out. I work out 5-6 per week. I run, do insanity and T25 videos. I also do Crossfit with my husband. I hope to workout for the whole pregnancy.
  • We have a gym quality elliptical that I use for an hour 6x a week. I did boot camp with my miscarriage and have taken down the intensity immensely since then.
  • I run and lift weights. I will be running a handful of half marathons this spring but don't think I will sign up for any fall races.

• Preprego, I do about 80 min of cardio a day when I'm not in the mood for that, I do Bikram yoga. Now that I am about 5 weeks with my first, I'm sorta scared out of my mind to do anything.  I'm looking up personal trainers now to see if I could work out one on one safely.
    And JsRib, I know what you mean! I am so bloated and gassy I look like I'm a few months along; that's a fun thing to try to hide
  • I think I will stick to cardio and yoga for the first 12 weeks to be sure all is well... I can't imagine my regular spin routine would be the best option since I sweat so much and I am trying my darndest to stay hydrated. Keep it up ladies.... I know remaining active is so important and I hope to not skip out on many workouts.
  • I do zumba 2 days/week.  I'll just turn the intensity down a notch.  We also have a treadmill so I may throw in walking on that another day or two/week.

• So I went to step class sunday and did a few modifications like less hopping and bouncing around. Not too bad because I still worked up a sweat but felt like a slaker. How much bouncing and hopping is too excessive?

Last night I ran/walked. Felt good except holy moly my boobs hurt so much. I'm going to need a bigger bra for better support. Lol
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• I wish I wasn't so nervous! I joined a gym on a Sunday got my BFP on Thursday now I'm nervous to go! :(
  • @tc0514 I know how you feel. That's how I felt Sunday but don't be nervous. Just take it slow.
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• I am an avid crossfiter and have kept up my workouts but went from 5 days a week to 2-3 days now. It's honestly the only thing that help me not feel so nauseous! I'm going to stay active as much as I can! I gained 50 pounds with my first thanks to massive amounts of cupcakes and no exercise! I am not doing that again this pregnancy! Healthy eating and staying active are my goals!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been running 3x a week, I go about 5 miles, I have slowed my pace a bit and I will do a workout video the other three days, I will slow down or stop if I get too winded. I have found it has helped with the fatigue I have had. I still get nervous working out!
  • I'm currently training for a triathlon and am not planning on stopping.  It's less than sprint distance so I am not worried.  However - I was planning on doing a half marathon on the 23rd but have backed out.  I already felt unprepared for the race (decided to do it at the very last minute) and don't feel comfortable putting my body through it.  Plus, my last 8 mile run was right before my BFP and it was a terrible run and I was uncomfortable the entire time... wonder why? haha... 

3-5 mile run?  Sure.  13.1??  Makes me nervous.  

I also would love to do a check in.  I blog every Friday about my week's training and talk about my plans for the weekend - maybe we could do a "fitness friday" check in?  I'd be happy to post it if nobody has any problems with that!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers      Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I am continuing P90X, but doing the lean version. I'm going to continue doing it until I can't anymore - exercise is what keeps me sane. I also walk 5 miles round trip to and from work each day. I've had a lot of friends tell me that exercising every day seemed to help their morning sickness.

image   image image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do a kickboxing class at my gym once or twice a week and sometimes I do yoga and step classes also.  I used to go more consistently (4-5 times a week), but this winter has made it hard to keep up my routine.  Although if you consider all the shoveling I did, it basically counts as exercise, right?  I'm just starting to get back into a gym routine, but now I'm nervous about overdoing it because I'm pregnant again.  I could certainly use a weekly workout check-in to keep me motivated and to remind myself that there's nothing to worry about.
    View Raw Image" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 102, 153); cursor: pointer; outline: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    TTC since Feb 2013
    BFP #1 EDD Dec 2013 (blighted ovum discovered during u/s on 4/26/13)
    BFP #2 EDD 7/17/14 (SCH, 12/4/13, 7w5d)
    BFP #3 EDD 11/13/14 (chemical pregnancy, 3/14/14, 5w2d)
    Testing done in May 2014, no clear cause for losses.
    BFP #4 EDD 3/26/15 Beta #1 1350 @ 18 DPO. Beta #2 4950 @ 21 DPO.  Ultrasound #1 @ 28 DPO 103 BPM!

image        image 

• I would love to have fitness fridays checkins!
  • I'm signed up for a half ironman in June, so I should be around 19 weeks at that point.  I haven't decided if I'm still going to do it or not.  I'm swimming/biking/running during the week, but have had to take some extra days off because I've been tired!
  • I haven't been doing much, but now that the weather is getting nicer I plan on taking lots of walks with my daughter.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • I do tabata and Pilates. I plan on keeping up my routine!!

• I've been working out to a variety of beachbody vids but have been modifying the intensity. I was in great shape but didn't work out at all my last pregnancy and I really think that's why it was harder to lose the baby weight. I will workout thru this pregnancy! I would love a check in!
  • I teach a high-intensity hip hop class twice a week. So far continuing my classes as usual
  • I think a weekly fit check in is a great idea!!! I've been doing cross fit, which I will continue as long as I comfortably can. I do running but have slowed down a lot. I also really want to start taking some pregnancy yoga classes!! I hope staying in shape will help with labor!!!
    I'm all for a fitness Friday!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"