May 2014 Moms

also leaving may 2014

ama7165ama7165 member
edited March 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Well, I have actually a similar story to the other post. My water spontaneously broke at work today and I headed to l&d. Unfortunately they confirmed this and since it's still too early, I earned an ambulance ride to a speciality hospital with a nicu and high risk doctors. My cervix is still closed and I was having some mild contractions, but didn't feel any of them. Baby is looking good, but ultrasound confirmed he is breech and with less fluid, the chances of him flipping have decreased. I have to remain at this hospital until I deliver, which they are hoping for at least 34 weeks. Kind of scary with having no complications, risk factors, or complicated past medical history. Guess he just wants to meet us early. Good luck to all you ladies!! Hopefully everything will stay uneventful from here on out.

3/15/14 UPDATE  Looks like baby is going to enter the world on 3/23/14. I was thinking we could make it longer but its a balancing act to safety and risk of infection. Baby boy is looking pretty stable and measuring well, so they feel he will be okay at 34weeks 1 day. They wanted to do it a day earlier, but that is when I am going to skype into my shower and I really didnt want to miss that since I can't be there and I have so little control over everything right now, it feels nice to have an option. I have two ultrasounds this week, but I am thinking it will be csection until he magically turns :) Hope to continue to get good news. And we got to tour the NICU today. Little overwhelming, but hanging in there.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: also leaving may 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"