January 2014 Moms

Rate yourself as a mom

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited March 2014 in January 2014 Moms
How do you think you're doing as a mom? Has it been smooth sailing or a bumpy road thus far?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Rate yourself as a mom 220 votes

1: I'm a mom?
1% 4 votes
2 : Ummm....it's been pretty rough.
1% 3 votes
3 : Eh. I can do better and I'm trying...unsuccessfully.
2% 5 votes
4 : More bad days than good days.
2% 5 votes
5 : This is harder than I thought, but doable.
15% 35 votes
6 : I'm starting to hit my stride.
20% 45 votes
7 : I'm doing pretty well nowadays!
15% 35 votes
8 : I really like being a mom.
25% 55 votes
9 : Great...I'm mom-tastic!
11% 25 votes
10 : Incredible...Mama-rific!! I wrote the book on this mom thang!
3% 8 votes

Re: Rate yourself as a mom

• I gave myself a 3. Womp womp....lately, my toddler has been a terror and I've been yelling more than I care to admit. My patience is worn thin. I'm literally in the process of finding new ways to effectively discipline without raising my voice. After 3 hours of terrible toddlerdom, I hit my breaking point. I contemplate going back to work, outside of the house, on a daily basis. I feel guilty about that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Last week I would have rated myself a 6 but this week is a 3.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Miamypuggle
    I so understand you! My 2 yr kid has laid herself out on the floor more times than I can count. And my son has been rude, inconsiderate and just and handful. And lastly my teenager has been every bit a teenage girl.. Ugh!!
    Hugs to you, you're so not alone!
  • I have to say this is the hardest job I have ever done. My mom keeps telling me I don't have it easy with a preemie with tummy issues, but there are many days I feel like the crappiest mom in the world and that DS hates me.  
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I picked 8. Things are much easier the second time. Being a first time mom is no joke.

• mrsjenni said:
    11. I'm fucking awesome.

It only let me do 10!!!!

• mrsjenni said:

11. I'm fucking awesome.

@mrsjenni Nailed it!
  • I picked 1. I think im a fairly good mom, but I really don't "feel" like a mom, if that makes any sense.
  • @monkeybutt61612‌ I understand how you feel completely. We weren't moms are whole life and now we are. Our whole world has changed and just getting use to it.
  • I don't feel like I'm a bad mom but I'm hardly an amazing mom. It's not easy having a preemie with all kinds of preemie issues but I think I manage it pretty well. But usually as the day goes on I get progressively less patient so I'll hand him off to my mom.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • I picked 7, took awhile to handle both kids but I definitely feel like we're getting into a better groove now. 

• bnikbnik member
    I voted 5 but I also wanted to vote #8
    But this growth spurt will be the death if me lol
  • cnctfcnctf member
    I chose 7, right now DD is going thru her growth spurt so it's basically change diaper, eat, burp, sleep for her. There are days that's harder than others, but I feel like I'm doing ok, this week. Who knows how next week or even tmrw will be
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I chose 1. My husband and I are both waiting for someone to show up at our door and say "thanks for taking care of our kid - we'll take her back now." I'm with @monkeybutt61612‌ (greatest handle ever) and @RedSaffron‌ - I don't feel like a mom yet just a leaky, chubby babysitter that loves this teeny person.
  • Err i think I'm pretty damn amazing. Except on days my 10yo forgets to take her adhd meds and I'm parenting the dog from Up. Holy Fuck I need a vacation after that roller coaster of emotions.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• I picked 8. I wouldn't say I'm a "great mum" so 9-10 were not fir me, I just think I have (luckily!) an easy baby. She sleeps well, eats well, any problems I have faced have been an easy fix. So I'm finding it a lot easier than I ever imagined, but it has nothing to do with anything I have done. It's just luck.
    And it's only been 10 weeks, it could (and most likely will) change.
  • I'm approaching month 3 of James' PICU stay.  James is alive and recovering, and my older son Max was described by his preschool teacher at our parent teacher meeting "a very sweet little boy who shares well."

#11.  Fuck yeah.

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"