August 2013 Moms

Weight Loss Wednesday

Hey ladies!

How was everyone's week? Any goals reached or set backs?

And because I found this and don't know what to think of it...

Re: Weight Loss Wednesday

• That's awesome @revez! Congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • @Revez‌ that's great! I'd gladly have your results.

I keep going up and down with the same 5-10 lbs above pp weight. Frustrating.

Exercised more this week than usual. :)
  • edited March 2014
    I've been gaining. I don't know, but I honestly feel like the IUD is bloating me up. I've had to reassess and remake goals. I'm aiming to drink more water (especially right before meals), use smaller plates at meal times, and exercise more. I've been walking with LO a lot since it's been kinda nice (35-40 degrees), but it's supposed to get cold again, so noo thanks. 

eta: I totally feel like how that cat looks.

• That's awesome, @revez!

I've been good about exercise, but not about eating. Which is ridiculous. I'd love to be a better planner and prepare things ahead of time. Maybe that's what I'll work on this week?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd love to join you ladies in this...I'm really struggling with motivation and I need some accountability! Since having LO, I've been doing the 30 Day Shred sporadically-it was really effective in losing weight for my wedding a few years back.

My goal for this week is to continue avoiding those Reese's PB eggs!...and like @crazed178 said, once the weather warms up, I really think I'll be able to lose a lot of this weight. I've taken LO out for a few walks recently and he loves them as much as I do.
  • I have never posted on this one, but i have been loosing...I Have lost 22 pounds. ..now a little under my pre pregnancy weight...however i want to loose another 20. Keep at it ladies!!!!
  • New to this thread as well.  I lost the 29 pounds I gained during pregnancy within the first month postpartum but I was not where I needed to be with weight before I got pregnant.  Now I have 35 pounds to lose. 

I am on week 3, day 3 of T25.  It is really hard but I need to lose this weight.  I am trying to keep my eating in check as well.  I lost 3 lbs the first week and nothing the second.  It was my birthday and I overindulged in all the treats around.  This week I am back on track and hope to see both my measurements and weight go down. 
  • I'm at 276, up a pound from last week but down about 12 overall. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but if I can't here- where can I?!? I am just now starting to exercise. I got the all clear that my rheumatoid is under control enough and my bones are strong enough for basic exercise. Nothing crazy, but just being able to move without fear should help me lose some weight. Yesterday was the first day I worked out at lunch, and I plan to do it daily. I have a workout partner (who I call my WON- workout nazi) to keep me honest.

Here's to a better check in next week- exercise and the Milano cookies are gone? The possibility is endless.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Back to 186, which is still 18# below pre-PG weight. I thought I was down to 185 a few weeks ago but I'm wondering if the scale is wonky (I bought a new, digital one while the old one was spring-and-dial).

I'm frustrated because a lot of things I eat are home made, ergo I have no idea how many calories are actually in them. I try and eat them in moderation but it's maddening when I'm trying to count calories. I want to do WW but I'm broke-as-a-joke. I think that would be far more effective than what I'm doing now.

MH continues to try to (inadvertantly) sabotage my efforts with his chocolates and crap food he brings home.

I've been exercising most days of the week and I feel good. I'm doing a fat burning, cardio yoga workout (with our old friend Jillian Michaels). It is intense! Best part is that I found the video on YouTube so I don't pay a dime! (Look up "yoga for weight loss" and it should be in the first 5 or so hits, 35 minutes long).

• Alright I'm joining in too for first time.... I've lost the 20lbs I put on during pregnancy but I had already put on 20lbs prior to getting pregnant so would like to lose those too. I have a goal of 10lbs before Cancun in May but the damn donuts keep calling my name. Also was in a fender bender at the end of Feb which screwed up my back so had to take a break from exercise... why is it so much harder to start again once you've had a break?
    **July Siggy Challenge**

• @Revez‌ that's awesome!
    I have plateaued!
    My DH is moving the treadmill so that I can actually start to use it. My goal is to become a runner right now I feel like I'm about to die after 30 seconds.
    A lot of friends on fb are doing this nutritional cleanse lifestyle change thing, I'm gonna look in to it but I'm poor so I dk if it'll happen but they've all lost a ton of weight
  • I'll admit I haven't so much as even opened this thread in previous weeks. I'm stressed, have a shit ton on my plate and just haven't been able to find the time to even THINK about working out. All excuses, I'm very aware of that.
    I've been telling myself the last 5 weeks that as soon as I'm SAH I'm going to get serious about losing the weight. Well....that starts after this Friday so I'll be checking in next week!
    I'm still up 20 lbs from my pre preg weight (gained 40 so I've lost half, counting the 7lb baby).
    (Now I'm shamefully enjoying the last of the ice cream...,you know, so it's not here to tempt me next week)
  • So nice to see more and more faces!! Or.. Avatars? Anyhow.. Keep up the good work!!! @revez I'm jealous you measured yourself.. I'm bitter I didn't when I first started.. Go you!! 12 must be our lucky number bc that's where I'm at too! I can't wait for spring!! I've been going to the gym/yoga almost everyday... It's back in my Routine and much more attainable now that the time changed!

Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Oh also, someone please call my ass out next week if I don't check in!
  • I'm on it @LokiLahve‌
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• How the f did I miss this yesterday? Probably all the clicky polls.

I have plateaued a little after losing 7lbs but have also been sick... so I don't know what to think. I have been eating less, but not always eating well in recent weeks. We did a really good job with eating clean for several weeks, but it is hard to go to the store every couple of days to get the freshest stuff... I know right? First world problems.

On the bright side I made it to the gym on Monday and Wednesday (and I didn't even facebook about it - because seriously, why do people do that every time?) My abs are sore and it feels sooooo good.

I got measured for new chaps and horse show gear and even though I know I am still flabby I know it will feel good to have clothes that fit just right. Plus they can be taken in and tailored as I lose weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"