Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Jogger City Select - What Color???

Hi All - Does anyone have the BJCS and if so, what color do you have?  I am going to place an order for one today and can't decide between the onyx, quartz, and special edition silver.  I'm afraid that the onyx (black seat, silver frame) will be too hot in the sun and will fade, but I also worry about the silver getting dirty and the black frame scratching.  Does the quartz look tan?  I have no idea what they look like in person (no stores in our area carry them) so this is proving to be a really tough decision!  Thanks! :)
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Jogger City Select - What Color???

• Following! Looking at getting the same stroller, double, for my 15mo old and I'm now pregnant with #2. Looking at a tanish color on a britax b safe so thought the quartz would match maybe. But I really like the new teal!
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • I don't have this stroller, but have only owned black strollers. Neither the stroller nor DD has ever seemed hot. Bonus, black strollers tend to have better resale value.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • @lmsmith1222 - FYI, the 2013 versions are all being clearanced out right now!  You can get the complete set for about $450.  Can't beat it!
  • @AKB090609 - Have you used them at the beach?  
  • @aprilmars we have had them at the beach and at festivals on 90 and 97 degree sunny days, the stroller was not any warmer to the touch than on a 75 degree sunny day. I'm sure that they pick the fabrics that breathe well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live in the desert so I avoid black.  I'd go with silver, personally.  Or a blue color.  I personally don't like browns or tans but personal taste aside, that wouldn't be a bad choice.
  • Yeah I emailed a mom about one she has for sale on craigslist, it's the quartz with the second seat, glider board, bassinet, cup holder and kids tray for $625 and for it being used I'm kinda thinking the brand new 2013 models are nearly as cheap, for me because I don't think I'll use the bassinet and you can get them with 2 seats on Amazon for around $500 so even if I buy the glider board I'm still coming out ahead.
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • Yeah I emailed a mom about one she has for sale on craigslist, it's the quartz with the second seat, glider board, bassinet, cup holder and kids tray for $625 and for it being used I'm kinda thinking the brand new 2013 models are nearly as cheap, for me because I don't think I'll use the bassinet and you can get them with 2 seats on Amazon for around $500 so even if I buy the glider board I'm still coming out ahead.
    This price is way too high.  I would buy new or look for a better used deal.  I don't find that the color fabric matters much for heat but lighter colors show dirt more easily.  You could get liners for the seats to help with that though too. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I recently bought the black on off of Amazon for $499 with the second seat, there are some great deals right now on the 2013 model (the 2014 model is pretty much the same).  Some of the other colors were even cheaper!

We have the black city mini and it has been outside a lot and has not faded at all and it never gets to hot because we keep the shade down when it is hot out.  I personally like the look of black best, I think it stays cleaner looking and I think it will be easier to resell a classic color like black than one of their brighter colors (like teal or something like that). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good to know about the black, and I could see that being better for resale than the teal I love :) However being in South Texas where it gets to be over 100 regularly in the summer, I wonder if black might actually hurt resale value? BC people might think black=too hot in the summer. Who knows!
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • I'm weird. I get tired of my old stuff and like to upgrade. I've only had my City Mini GT only a year and a half and I'm ready to upgrade!
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • I'm weird. I get tired of my old stuff and like to upgrade. I've only had my City Mini GT only a year and a half and I'm ready to upgrade!
    Me too!  Resale is definitely one of the main things I consider when making larger purchases.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I don't think the black is going to get hotter than other colors.  If it is hot, it's hot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"