Baby Names
Options

Middle Name for Lynn

lauralewlauralew member
edited March 2014 in Baby Names
Any suggestions? It's technically MIL's middle name, but she goes by Lynn. Her real first name is Valera. I like Lynn a lot, and have a love of family names...but I can't find a good MN for Lynn. And I'd like to avoid over used middle names like Marie and Grace. They're pretty, but too generic and have no personal meaning. ETA: I don't even know if we're having a girl. I just love talking names.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

Re: Middle Name for Lynn

• Options
    nittanyllamanittanyllama member
    edited March 2014
    Lynn Josephine
    Lynn Beatrice
    Lynn Abigail
    Lynn Bridget
    Lynn Daphne
    Lynn Celeste
    Lynn Penelope
    Lynn Sylvia
    Lynn Violet
    Lynn Simone

Feels like it's hard to get the flow right with Lynn. I must say I don't love it in the first name spot, seems boring and dated to me, even though I understand you want to honor your MIL. I'd prefer it as a middle name. 

Out of curiosity, how is Valera pronounced?

ETA I think your daughter is Eleanor? I don't mean to be harping on your name, but I don't like Lynn with Eleanor because of similar sounds. Sorry.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Lynn Josephine

Lynn Beatrice
    Lynn Abigail
    Lynn Bridget
    Lynn Daphne
    Lynn Celeste
    Lynn Penelope
    Lynn Sylvia
    Lynn Violet
    Lynn Simone

Feels like it's hard to get the flow right with Lynn. I must say I don't love it in the first name spot, seems boring and dated to me, even though I understand you want to honor your MIL. I'd prefer it as a middle name. 

Out of curiosity, how is Valera pronounced?

ETA I think your daughter is Eleanor? I don't mean to be harping on your name, but I don't like Lynn with Eleanor because of similar sounds. Sorry.
    I agree about the flow...and that Lynn makes a better middle name. I hadn't thought about how Lynn and Eleanor sound similar... We still have a month before finding out if it's a boy or a girl. So anything i post is just because I love talking names and my husband gets annoyed with it. :)

Valera is pronounced vah-lare-ah. Sorry, I'm not schooled in proper phonetic spelling. :)

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MIL is Lynne L.ouise. There may be too much alliteration there but I thought I would share :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    What about Linnea? (I've also seen it spelled Lynnea). It has a better flow as a fn, although just Lynn is nice too!
    We had Linnea Gabrielle on our list at one point.
  • Options
    Lynn Skylar
    Lynn Kimberly
    Lynn Hadley
    Lynn Isolde
    Lynn Violet
    Lynn Ginevra

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"