C-sections

C-section moms - anyone concerned with rupture?

I'm having my 4th c-section in Nov & have done a lot of research...I read that 50% of ruptures happen before labor has even begun :( I am so freaked out this time.....
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: C-section moms - anyone concerned with rupture?

• I'm not pregnant yet, well, just had back to back miscarriages, but I'm
    Hoping to be expecting again soon. And will have a 4th csection. I'm more nervous about issues with the placenta than uterine rupture. It is nerve wracking though. :/ GL!
  • I am definitely nervous about it, but can't dwell on that.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll have my 3rd c/s in October, and by then my 2nd will be 13 months. My doctor says it is a concern, but a very small one. Pay attention to any pain you may have around the incision - if there is an issue, you may be able to avoid a rupture. Keep in mind the odds are small and try not to worry!
  • I wasn't really worried. I didn't want a second c- section with my son. I attempted a VBAC and ended up having a uterine dehiscence. Obviously I didn't rupture and who's to say I actually would have but I refused to push anymore because I was in terrible pain that the epidural wasn't even touching and I couldn't stop vomiting. I ended up requesting a c-section. I got pushed into agreeing to a tubal ligation I didn't want while I was cut open on the OR table. Was not a good experience. If I could redo everything I think I would have just agreed to a c-section at 39 weeks. I often wonder if that would have prevented the dehiscence. I desperately want another child and have contemplated a reversal but I'm now terrified I really will rupture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's one of the reasons why we're done after 3 c/s. However, my girlfriend just had her 5th, 4th c/s and everything was fine.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"