TTC After a Loss

HPT Recommendations

heathersf11heathersf11 member
edited March 2014 in TTC After a Loss
Does anyone know of a great place (or website) to buy HPTs in bulk? I would love to stock up, but wouldn't mind saving a little cash if possible. 
DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
Married DH 8/1/11
7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: HPT Recommendations

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• I usually buy a set of wondfo opks plus hpts on Amazon.

^me too

Same for me

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
    ^me too
    Same for me
    Make that 4.  

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
    ^me too
    Same for me
    Make that 4.  
    And 5.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Amazon! :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Dollar Tree!
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Try to stay away form blue dye tests, if you can.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • uneek1323 said:

Try to stay away form blue dye tests, if you can.

Ditto! I also don't do digitals. Nothing makes a BFN worse than a damn pee stick screaming the words "NOT PREGNANT" at you! They should say "I'm sorry - keep trying and don't lose faith" or something lol.

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• I'm no longer a wondfo HPT fan. Every batch now seems to have issues with false positives.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • buggirl72 said:
    I'm no longer a wondfo HPT fan. Every batch now seems to have issues with false positives.
    really? How do I check my batch? Do I just google the lot number?
  • buggirl72buggirl72 member
    edited March 2014

buggirl72 said:

I'm no longer a wondfo HPT fan. Every batch now seems to have issues with false positives.

Yep. Either I was getting false positives or wondfo was the only brand picking up a positive. It happened to both me and mattsgirl last summer.

Best advice is to confirm any positive on a wondfo with a FRER.

ETA - these were just above a squinter lines within time frame. I have not read about dark false positives but I would still confirm with a different brand.

• buggirl72 said:
    buggirl72 said:
    Yep. Either I was getting false positives or wondfo was the only brand picking up a positive. It happened to both me and mattsgirl last summer. Best advice is to confirm any positive on a wondfo with a FRER. ETA - these were just above a squinter lines within time frame. I have not read about dark false positives but I would still confirm with a different brand.
    I'm not convinced this is the best advice. It's what I do, and it's a good idea, but with my last pregnancy (and subsequent loss) I've had positive wondfos with negative FRER. I thought I had bad wonfdos but called my doctor for betas anyway. The wondfos were right.
  • uneek1323 said:

buggirl72 said:

buggirl72 said:

Yep. Either I was getting false positives or wondfo was the only brand picking up a positive. It happened to both me and mattsgirl last summer.

Best advice is to confirm any positive on a wondfo with a FRER.

ETA - these were just above a squinter lines within time frame. I have not read about dark false positives but I would still confirm with a different brand.

I'm not convinced this is the best advice. It's what I do, and it's a good idea, but with my last pregnancy (and subsequent loss) I've had positive wondfos with negative FRER. I thought I had bad wonfdos but called my doctor for betas anyway. The wondfos were right.

((((Hugs)))) love.

I didn't get in for a beta on mine so I guess I cannot 100% say they were false positives but quality seems to be a concern on many of the boards.

• heathersf11heathersf11 member
    edited March 2014
    buggirl72 said:

Thanks everyone for all the responses. Some of the Amazon reviews I read said the same thing. I ordered some anyway and some First Response, just in case I need a second opinion.
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • buggirl72 said:
    buggirl72 said:
    buggirl72 said:
    Yep. Either I was getting false positives or wondfo was the only brand picking up a positive. It happened to both me and mattsgirl last summer. Best advice is to confirm any positive on a wondfo with a FRER. ETA - these were just above a squinter lines within time frame. I have not read about dark false positives but I would still confirm with a different brand.
    ((((Hugs)))) love. I didn't get in for a beta on mine so I guess I cannot 100% say they were false positives but quality seems to be a concern on many of the boards.
    I'm not on many other boards, but if lots of people experienced the same thing then it's hard to come to any other conclusions. I guess the best thing to keep in mind is if you get a positive and a negative with different brands - no matter what the brands - to call your doctor. It could be a faulty test, or it could be something that needs medical attention. ((hugs)) back. xoxox
  • buggirl72 said:
    buggirl72 said:
    buggirl72 said:
    ((((Hugs)))) love. I didn't get in for a beta on mine so I guess I cannot 100% say they were false positives but quality seems to be a concern on many of the boards.
    I guess I should stock up on some FRERs. I bought the wondfo's this time via amazon because they were cheap. I usually ordered from makeababy.ca like @mlal78 but this time I decided to go with Wondfo's because I'd never used them.

FRERs are so bloody expensive here though. They're about 8$ each.
  • I just got some on Amazon!  7 FRER tests for $12 plus free shipping because I am a prime member.  Woot woot!
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
  • ditto the wondfo's on amazon, they pick things up early, when I got a + on mine my beta that day was 29, granted it ended in a loss, but it picked it up and was confirmed.  the FRERs are just  too expensive for my taste

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• KC1212 said:
    Ditto! I also don't do digitals. Nothing makes a BFN worse than a damn pee stick screaming the words "NOT PREGNANT" at you! They should say "I'm sorry - keep trying and don't lose faith" or something lol.

I'm the exact opposite! lol  I will ONLY do digitals.  I'm such a basket case about TTC that my mind reads into EVERYTHING.  I would drive myself crazy with the "line" tests... is there a line? Is there not? Looking at it under every light?  Hahaha... digital are so much more definite - you either are or you aren't and if it does read the dreaded "NOT PREGNANT,"  I know I can still try again in a couple days if I still haven't gotten AF yet.
  • jrpg884 said:

KC1212 said:

uneek1323 said:

I'm the exact opposite! lol  I will ONLY do digitals.  I'm such a basket case about TTC that my mind reads into EVERYTHING.  I would drive myself crazy with the "line" tests... is there a line? Is there not? Looking at it under every light?  Hahaha... digital are so much more definite - you either are or you aren't and if it does read the dreaded "NOT PREGNANT,"  I know I can still try again in a couple days if I still haven't gotten AF yet.

If I go digital I buy the ones that just say "yes" or "no". It's somewhat nicer than "not pregnant" lol.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"