August 2011 Moms

Preschool Talk

What's the preschool scene like in your area?

At what age do people start preschool around you, how many years before starting kindergarten?

Are you planning on sending LO to preschool?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Preschool Talk

• What's the preschool scene like in your area?

I had no idea it was so big here.  We have dozens upon dozens of options, with a variety of styles and price ranges.  Everything from small and inexpensive at local churches, to Montessori, to school "campuses" costing $10K+ annually.  Apparently I'm "late" on submitting my "applications" for enrolling for the fall.

At what age do people start preschool around you, how many years before starting kindergarten?  In the SAHM circle, it seems like most kids start 2-3 half or full days a week at age 3, up it to 3-5 half or full days at age 4, and then start K at age 5.  Most kids do a minimum of one year before starting K.

Are you planning on sending LO to preschool?  I am.  I was on the fence about when to start, but I think that with DD1's personality, she would really benefit from the structure.  We're looking to start two half days a week in the fall. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Preschools around here don't start till age 3 and must be fully potty trained. There are not a lot of options for non religious people but I found one I like. I need to get the enrollment form in really soon if I want him in in the fall.
  • Loading the player...
  • Preschool is HUGE here! In my itty bitty town the only two options are horrid so we will commute two towns over. I think we will start in August.
    imageimage
  • I have no idea, TBH. I have never intended for any of my kids to go to preschool so I didn't research it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ds1 already goes to a program twice a week at a nursery school. We enrolled him in a different school for the fall, however. We had to have applications in by January. It's big around here.
  • I have a lot of preschool options in my area. LO will go to the preschool at her current daycare. She will start preschool when she turns three.
  • kjuryflkjuryfl member
    edited March 2014
    Preschool in my area starts at age 3 with some schools starting at 2.5. We started B at 2.5 back in January. She goes two mornings a week from 830-1230. Starting in August when the new school year starts she will already be 3 (in July) and will move up to the 3's class that is three mornings a week. The school that she is attending is early pre-k through grade 8. We plan to keep her there for one more year then transfer her to a 4 yr old pre-k at the school she will go pre-k through 12 grade.

B LOVES school. She has grown so much in all aspects! Plus I like having a little break during the week to run errands uninterrupted.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • DD#2 is already in pre-school of sorts. daycare includes it in their program if they are there full-time, which mine is. so her 2 year old room is called pre-school 2 and they start some basic stuff. then in august she will switch to pre-school 3 and then pre-k.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Officially enrolled Xan Man today!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"