March 2014 Moms
Options

Birth Control

I am really hoping to go back on the pill at my 6 week pp appointment. I've been off the pill for 2 years and can't even remember what I was on before TTC. 

What are your plans? Anyone going back on the pill? What are you going back on?

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth Control

• Options
    Going back on the pill at 6week appt. I was on trisprintec and liked it, although I did have to take it at night to keep from getting sick.
  • Options
    Condoms. I refuse to be put back on any pill.
    Just avoid sex during ovulation as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not really sure what we're going to do.  We'll both turn 35 this year and with our losses and IF, we've come to terms with the fact that if we decide to try for another, it will have to be relatively soon, so probably around LOs first birthday.  For me, one year isn't worth it for the pill because I don't want to risk my cycles being messed up for months when and if we're ready to try again.

I'd like to go back to temping and just avoid during my FW, but I'm not sure I feel super confident in it, especially if I really don't want to get pregnant within the first year (which, after the way I feel now, I definitely don't).  So we'll likely temp and track O and use condoms or avoid during my FW, and go without condoms only if I am absolutely certain we're out of the FW.  Once we decide we're done for good, I'm hopinig MH will get snipped, unless I end up with a C section next time and could get my tubes tied then.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Ughh, I don't know what to do. I was on nuvaring but during this pregnancy read some articles that convinced me not too. I really just want to avoid ovulation time but I am not sure how smart that will be. I was fertile myrtle and got preggers first time...
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    With PCOS, I can't really predict ovulation, so temping didn't really work for me. 

I have a latex allergy and haven't found any latex free ones that I won't react to. 

I think my body needs a break, so I want to go back on the pill for a little while I hope. 

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Options
    Not sure. Originally I wanted our kids close together but at this point I can't imagine being KU again anytime soon. Also think id like to possibly be a sahm after our 2nd and not sure with dhs currents job if that's a possibility.
  • Options
    I so wanted to go back on the pill right away, but I cannot do the progesterone-only version. I have super sensitive skin and it will make it all out of whack. Condoms until I can go back on combination pills. Counting the days...
  • Options
    The husband has 2 choices abstinence or the snip lol
  • Options

With my age and IF I am not going to go back on bc. Just trying to avoid sex during my fertile window for awhile.

We unfortunately don't have time to wait too long especially considering it took as a whole year after seeing a fertility dr. I want to at least get some time to try on our own.

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Options
    I was on the Mirena IUD before trying to conceive.  I'm sure it was a coincidence but 3 months after getting the IUD removed we found out we were pregnant then miscarried a couple months later.  Ever since then I've been paranoid about birth control.  We waited another year before trying and we just used condoms.  I may go that route again until we have our 2nd child.  We really only want 2 kids.  Then I'd go back on the IUD or do something more permanent. 

When I was on the IUD (3 years or so) it was AMAZING.  I never got my period once!  So we'll see
  • Options
    I don't really know what I'm going to do but I do NOT want to go back on the pill. I took BCPs from age 15 to 25 and I really want to be done with them forever.

• Options
    I don't ovulate regularly, and while probably insane of me, I blame the BCP a bit for it. So I think I'm going to have an IUD (the normal hormonal kind) so my body can attempt to try and ovulate as regularly as possible.  It took us a really long time to get pregnant and I'd like to midigate that as much as possible this time around.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm not going on anything nor taking any precautions. DH and I can't have biological children due to him not producing anything. If by some chance of God we would get pregnant it would be a true miracle and we would embrace it with open arms!!! (it hasn't happened in 3 years of using no precautions)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Not sure what I am going to do, but I am stalking this thread.

MH and I are 34 and 31 respectively and this is our 1st.  We want either 2 or 3 total LOs and I would like to be done by 35, so that is basically pregnant/TTC for the next couple of years.  But after this pregnancy (which I found nothing fun about other than I get a LO at the end) and a previous loss, I am not sure how I feel about that.
  • Options
    We're going to use condoms and probably avoid sex during my fertile window. DH will get snipped at some point in the future-- he'd do it now if I'd let him but I want to make SUPER CERTAIN this is really our only baby first.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I have PCOS, but this pregnancy regulated a lot of hormone imbalances, so hoping that i could stay away from pill and just monitor when i ovulate, i want to wait at least a year until we try for a second baby, but again i gotta see how the PCOS is now post baby. I can't remember what pill i was on before TTC but it took a year and a half to get pregnant so we have to play it by ear.

• Options
    This is our second and last child. So I am getting a Mirena again at my 6 wk appointment. DH will get snipped in the next few years as well. 
  • Options
    I don't want to go back on the pill.

Between DD and this LO we did condoms and then when we were really bold, we'd just rely on knowing my cycle.

I think we are 98% sure we are done after this one.  I may talk to the doctor about an IUD or something, but likely I think we'll just use condoms and DH will get the snip-snip sometime in the next year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SO is getting the snip. Personally, I am a fan of this birth control plan.

Likewise. We're done having kids
  • Options
    nothing... we will use nothing.  But, before you all choke remember I'm 41 and we'd be thrilled if it happened.  After my babies before I went on the minipill while breastfeeding so nothing interfered with production...
  • Options
    I was considering an IUD, but DH volunteered for the snip.
  • Options
    A good friend of mine is currently pregnant with her iud..
    It slipped and they can't remove it for risk of miscarriage. And then last week we had a girl present to the office and SUPRISE she is pregnant with an iud.. So I'm not real impressed with the iud thing
  • Options
    I'm really up in the air about this. My body hates pills/hormones. I found one that wasn't too bad minus the horrible cramps it gave me but we'd like to start trying for #2 in about a year so I don't know if its worth it. But my periods are pretty irregular, so I'm not confident with temping.

Basically I don't have any idea.

For STM or anyone already on bc, does the mini pill have side effects like combination pills normally do?
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    MA&CBMA&CB member
    I'm getting another mirena.  I loved not having to think about it, had no adverse effects from it, and this will be our last child, so I like that it is longer term.  I need something hormonal to control my endometriosis, and the mirena worked well for that the last time.
  • Options
    I'm with @babycaps on the CPP method. But I also am going to throw in how this pregnancy gave me a semen allergy. I'm REALLY crossing my fingers it goes away post birth. If it doesn't go away, then I've got a preeeetty good natural birth control going for me there.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I will get another iud and probably do the pill as well. I've been pregnant for what seems like years and am NOT getting pregnant again.
  • Options
    I think I will monitor my cycles (even though they are pretty irregular) and use condoms. I can't go on the pill because of blood clotting issues and can't get an IUD because I have an abnormal uterus. I've done the depo shot in the past, but I gained a lot of weight and had horrible hot flashes (but it did help with my endo).

With all the money we spent TTGP it seems silly to spend more money to prevent it when we know we want to have at least 1 more. Even if we do nothing to prevent it, I feel like we will probably need some assistance to get pregnant with #2 but we will see. I think DH will eventually get snipped when we are sure that we're done.

Me: Endo, PCOS, septated uterus (mostly removed)

DH: perfect

Started TTC in June 2011

Baby boy born 3/17/2014

• Options
    I'm not really sure what we are going to do anymore. I really suck at the pill but am afraid to try anything else. Originally dh was getting out of the Air Force to be a full time student so I was going to get the implanon thing for until we could handle number two financially but now he's reenlisting next Friday. That means more money so we could have number two closer in age. I'm still thinking of getting the implanon and maybe just having it removed within six months of wanting to try for another baby. I just get nervous about the long term affects of it. Too many what ifs!
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm 28, this is my second child.  I am done.  I will be asking to get my tubes tied :)  Oh the freedom... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really wish we could just do condoms. This is #1 for us and we want more, and we were not trying not preventing but it was over 6 months after I stopped taking birth control when we got pregnant. I'm 6w pp tomorrow but my appointment isn't until next week. I told DH if I stopped bleeding before my appointment we could have sex, and I did, but he almost turned me down because I was making him wear a condom. So I doubt that would be a good long term plan. I'm thinking about either the mini pill or implanon
  • Options
    Condoms until my cycles return, and then FAM. Which will probably be a long time seeing as I didn't get my period back until 16 months after DS1. I never want to be on hormonal bc again. Unless the craziness of 2 kids and fear of being pregnant again too soon after what happened (abruption) causes me to throw that plan out the window...
        image  image

• Options
    I had to have my tubes tied before IVF so I'm in the clear. ;)

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I got my tubes tied with my c section. Four kids are enough for me! I always loved the IUD though, I had it in for 7 years and I didn't have a period the entire time. I did have one miscarriage after it was removed, and from what I've heard this seems pretty common.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm crazy. I want to be pregnant again in 9 months. I hope it doesn't happen sooner, but if it does, I wouldn't be too upset.

imageimage

• Options
    I have pretty extreme PCOS so unless I'm taking something (either BCOs or a week of a progesterone 'trigger') I don't ovulate or get periods. Although that sounds great I still build up a uterine lining and eventually it sheds as a huge uterus-shaped blood clot - I've gone over 8 months with no period while not pregnant. That really increases my chances of uterine and cervical cancers (yay me…).

Or I just bleed like crazy. After DS was about six months I bled for 12 weeks straight until I was back on BCPs. Sooo basically BCPs are the only way I can really control my whacked out hormones, but I'm not really on them for birth control per se. Not looking forward to it. Stupid PCOS.
  • Options
    I'm getting my tubes tied. Two is enough for me. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"