March 2014 Moms
Options

Had my baby - 7 days overdue!!- added a pic

StephBrim24StephBrim24 member
edited March 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Phew! I was 4.5 cm and 80% effaced at my appointment at 11am, labored at home as long as I could, which didn't end up being very long! We headed in around 2pm, and after being monitored for 20 minutes or so, I was checked and was 5-6 cm. In maybe 4 contractions, I went pee and while there, I felt my body pushing. I totally freaked and yelled that it was pushing. The nurse told me it was okay and when she checked me again maybe 30-45 minutes later (max), she said, "No wonder you felt so much pressure! You're complete!" So I actively pushed (I couldn't stop my body since the time I was on the toilet) for maybe 30 minutes and out he came! We don't have a first name yet, so little man was born at 5:13pm and was 7lbs, 10 oz, 20.5 inches long. I managed to go med-free (owwww - don't ask me right now if I'd do it again) and I feel sooooo good this time around with recovery. He's breastfeeding very well (another thing that didn't work out last time) and I had a second degree tear instead of a third degree like last time. The recovery is totally manageable and I haven't taken any pain meds after the fact. I'm crazy happy with how this birth went and it was so healing after my first experience was long, tough, bad recovery, and lots of damage (with the epidural).

Re: Had my baby - 7 days overdue!!- added a pic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"