March 2013 Moms

What is your schedule like?

I just wanted to see what other moms schedules looked like these days!  We are still doing two naps a day, three meals of table foods with two snacks, and about 16oz of whole milk a day in a sippy, with one formula bottle in the morning.  When do we transition to one nap? How long are your average naps? I'm thinking about transitioning to one nap because he has cut his two naps shorter.  Any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is your schedule like?

• My LO has a similar schedule. Two naps (1 hr am and 2 hr pm), three meals and two snacks. He gets 15 oz bm at daycare and nurses on demand on weekends. My little guy is getting over strep right now so we have not introduced whole milk yet.

I think they can start dropping to one nap any time now. You could try waking your LO earlier from his morning nap and maybe he'll sleep longer in the afternoon. You could also try scheduling a really active morning, skip the first nap altogether and then try putting him down early for his afternoon nap. I'm counting on our daycare lady to make the nap transition easier, she's been doing it for 25 years and maybe knows a thing or two :)

• Check out the baby to toddler check in below. A lot o us posted our schedules there.

7-8 am wake. Nurse. Breakfast.
    9-10am Go out
    11am Snack. Nurse. Keep playing or running errands.
    1pm home, nap (nurse to sleep).
    2-3pm wake up nurse and snack. Play/read (I do household chores).
    4:30ish nurse and snack (usually a lot of nursing)
    6:30 dinner. More nursing. Playtime with daddy.
    8-9 bedtime (nurse to sleep).
    9-10 nurse back to sleep.
    11-12 my bedtime (we bedshare). DD roots and nurses in her sleep throughout the night but especially in the 3-4 hours before she wakes.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS does 2 naps typically around 1.5 hours each, but lately these are such a struggle.  It is taking me almost 45 minutes to get him down for his naps.  I'm still nursing him 4 times a day and giving him a bottle of bm at bedtime.  My supply has dropped since becoming preggo so that could be why nap times are a bit harder.  He gets 3 meals of solids a day and I give him 1 6oz cup of bm that he drinks around lunch time.  I put him down for bed around 7:30 and he talks and plays in his crib until 8 or 8:30, and then wakes up 1x in the night and up for good around 6/7am.

I was reading a book about sleep habits and it said toddlers typically drop to 1 nap around 18 months on average.  The morning nap is the first to go usually.

;

• My schedule is similar to yours.  He sleeps from about 745pm to 745am.  He still takes 2 naps I tried to transition it wasn't going well.  The pedi said he would naturally do it around 15 months so this doesn't seem to be an issue for us so he still has his morning naps.  He eats three meals and snacks here and there and drinks about 3 or 4 sippy cups of milk.  Not sure how many oz that is.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"