May 2014 Moms
Options

10 Things Tuesday

1.  My reflux is bad again and it's driving me crazy and making it hard to sleep!

2.  I wore a maxi dress today and now I am all self conscious that you can see my underwear line, even though I didn't think you could when I was at home.

3.  I hope other people don't notice it!

4.  I am so over work right now.  I feel like everything is being dumped on me.

5.  I am looking forward to the rest of this month because I have my baby shower and my birthday!

6.  My computer crashed the other day and wouldn't boot up.

7.  I am praying that my data can be recovered because I was bad and didn't back it up.

8.  I have a really important file on there that I need and I don't want to have to tell the guy that I lost it :-/

9.  Can this week just be over already?

10.  I am looking forward to getting all my maternity pictures back!

Re: 10 Things Tuesday

• Options
    1. By simply sneezing I peed and changed my underwear twice by 7:22am

2. I am over work bc ppl keep asking "you're still here?" Yes geez I still have like 1 1/2 months!

3. My husband keeps stealing my sleep mask

4. All I can eat are carbs bc my heartburn is so out of control

5. I have 100 things to do and no motivation bc the watcher us so crappy I just want to head straight home

6. We set up our (donated) bassinet and it is frivolous and so pretty!

7. Everyone keeps telling me I don't have enough on my registry but I don't want a bunch if stuff, just the essentials

8. Now that the DD is head down
    everything hurts! I have sharp pains in my hips all the time.

9. Everyone keeps saying you finally look pregnant! Which is super annoying

10. I cannot wait to meet this rib punching, bladder sitting, precious baby girl!!!!
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    1. I can't wait for spring to finally get here. I need some warm weather! It's supposed to reach 58 today and then be down to 28 and freezing rain on Thursday... really!! WTF!?

2. Finally ordered the last of my newborn CD stash yesterday!! Should all be here tomorrow! So excited to have something else crossed off my list of things to do!

3. Only one more child birth class to go! One of the girls in our class stopped in last night as she was leaving the hospital, they had their little boy! So adorable! And crazy to think we're hitting that time where babies are on their way shortly!

4. I'm excited that DH is excited that he's finishing up the last of the things he wants to modify on the Harley for this riding season! I can't wait to be back on the bike with him, and happy he'll finally get his stress reliever back.

5. DH has worse nesting than I do! I do little things here and there. Putting screws in the mattress support in the crib turned into a 2 hour cleaning frenzy for him on Sunday. So funny!!

6. These racing heart/palpitation feelings need to start letting up... can't catch my breath and they feel like the anxiety attacks I used to get. Ugh! Wish I could just take my meds and relax :(

7. The OB office called me Friday to say that they had to redo my 1hr glucose test... not because I failed but because the blood clotted in the tube and they couldn't run it. Of all the years taking blood and doing lab work I've never heard of that happening. So a full 2 weeks AFTER my first test I had to do it over again yesterday... UGH! So still waiting to hear results :-<

8. I don't know if TB updated something or it was my computer... but this reply box is annoying me! Things are weird and messed up and now the font changed... wtf?

9. Getting excited about my baby shower in April!! And because one of the girls I serve with in the military can't make it her and a bunch of other people in my company are planning some top secret shower/party whatever thing for me during a drill weekend. So blessed to have amazing people like that to serve with!

10. My step mom ordered us the bedding set that DH fell in love with from Pottery Barn (the Peter Rabbit set, OMG so adorable). I would NEVER ask someone to get us that when a set I thought was cute from BRU was half the price. But now that it's here I'm sold. I almost cried...it's amazing! I love her :) :x
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1.  Was supposed to be a lovely day of working outside...weather has other plans - rain/snow mix.  Postponing my outside work til Thursday (sunny and spring-like).

2.  So glad I picked up some decaf coffee yesterday...been drooling over hubbies coffee every morning.  It is such a treat to have a coffee (even if it is decaf) on my ride into work.

3. Truthfully, I think I like the sugar and cream as much as the coffee :)

4.  Today I wore my "7 months sober" shirt to work.  Please note buying a "medium maternity" shirt from etsy is like buying an extra small maternity shirt from any other retailer...how is this thing SO tight?  Did they not realize that pregnant women have larger abdomens?

5.  Looking forward to my pedicure tonight.  My feet need some lovin'.

6.  I bought a mini rose cheesecake on sunday.  It is delicious, and I am dreaming about eating more of it when I get home from work tonight.

7.  I passed my one-hour glucose test.  I didn't think the drink tasted that bad - I chose the lemon-lime.  It tasted like a flat Sprite. 

8.  Even though I feel anemic, my bloodwork shows I am not.  Oh the fatigue.

9.  Sitting is hardwork - I feel like the babies take up so much space that I can't breathe well.  Good thing I have to pee every minute.

10.  Walking makes me feel more comfortable. 

• Options
    1. I have the worst head cold ever. My face hurts and my head hurts.

2. Its my spring break - who wants to spend it with a cold?

3. My stroller was delivered to my parents house, but no one was home to get it :(

4. My shower is this weekend and I am super stoked. I'm going to get my hair did and eyebrows done :)

5. Going back to work next week haunts me … I'm ready to be done, but know I'll go crazy at home.

6. I want to finish the batch of M&M cookies I made … mmm soooo good.

7. I need to organize my baby's cloth diapers and the basement storage … must do it this week!

8. We're supposed to get another 15-20 cm of snow - WHEN WILL WINTER END!

9. I realize a lot of these are complaints … it's that kind of day.

10. I got my new chair for my room for breastfeeding, TV watching, sleeping etc. - its the best thing ever.

PS - I want a pedicure now :(
  • Options
    XathXath member
    1. Went to the hospital this morning to get my first steroid shot. Got to hear DS2's heartbeat wubbing and was able to get the shot in my arm instead of the keister, so win-win.

2. DS1 is on day 4 of his 102+ fever. Took him to the pediatrician this morning and they can't figure out what it is wrong. They thought it was strep/scarlet fever, but the first culture came back negative. So they're running a longer culture but think it might also possibly be mono/staph? Or a virus? We're doing antibiotics now but have to go back tomorrow if the fever doesn't come down on its own.

3. Took the day off to stay home with DS1 today. Hopefully I can get a lot of cleaning and decluttering done.

4. DS2 apparently thinks kicking my cervix is the best thing ever. So much lightning crotch.

5. I think I might have a sinus infection.

6. I'm letting DS1 eat an entire (single serving) bag of Doritos right now. He saw it while we were getting his prescription and it's the only thing he's expressed a remote interest in eating in the last few days.

7. I'm going to take the Christmas tree down today. DH keeps saying he'll do it because he doesn't want me lifting it, but FFS it is March. (I stripped all of the decorations off after Christmas; it's just the tree still sitting in the room).

8. I bought a sub from Subway for lunch...and a dozen cookies.

9. I have been having extremely elaborate dreams the last few days.

10. I was unaware that Doritos could generate this much mess.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. Found out I have GD yesterday.

2. On the third prick so far, it bruised one of my fingers =(

3. A bagel and butter made me go past my blood test level by 17 points... its supposed to be 120 two hours after eating.. boo

4. Im craving dark chocolate brownies and icecream, but I know better!

5. My DH is trying to get me on his new sleep schedule.. which is fine and dandy except he wakes up at 4:30am...

6. I dont think any of my inlaws are coming to my babyshower.. that hurts just a little bit.

7.Going to WA state Friday to see my BIL who is terminally ill with Melanoma cancer. Its sad but im happy I will get to see him.

8. Im making hamburger helper tonight.. And I dont care if it makes my blood sugar go crazy!

9. Got a new iphone the other day... I like it a lot considering ive been without a smart phone for over two years!

10. And lastly, Im sick of my rib pain, its now starting to hurt on the left side instead of just the right side. It makes sleeping more then a half hour on each side impossible for me!

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    1. I'm working the next 3 days while DH is on spring break. He can deal with the crazy toddler for a bit.

2. We got DS a toy box yesterday, and I finally feel like I have control of my living room again! No more blasted toys taking over the space!

3. This dang SPD is killing me. The only relief I've had in a week was after taking a 4 hour nap on Saturday, now it's back to hating me again.

4. Heartburn started back up this week, and it makes me sad inside. I feel like I have to eat constantly to keep it at bay.

5. Why is pooping so uncomfortable now!? If I have to do much pushing to get it out, I feel like I'm gonna break my water with the excess pressure! I thought it was supposed to be a relief.

6. I'm hoping DH does dishes today while I'm gone. He likes to ignore the pile in the sink, and no dishwasher = washing by hand. We both hate it.

7. Hoping he runs a load of laundry, too.

8. I've gotta figure out how to get a handle on my bedroom disaster area. I just don't ever have the energy to really get going on it.

9. Award ceremonies are boring.

10. I need a nap, and it's only 1015...
  • Options
    1. Had my 30 wk appt today. Gained 4 lbs in 2 wks which they are concerned about.

2. My feet and ankles started swelling this week. Not fun.

3. Which also concerned the ob because I was already swollen at 7:30am but my bp is fine.

4. OB freaked me out because she thought she heard a skipped heartbeat on the doppler so they did a nom stress test and baby was fine.

5. The time change is still killing me.

6. I can't believe I have less than 10 weeks to go.

7. I'm obsessed with checking my registry.

8. Can someone please get us the PNP?

9. Obsessed with my new phone. Its better than my computer.

10. That's all I got....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. I forgot my cell phone at home today. 
    2. Of course, this is the day that two semi drivers decide to crash into each other and shut down the entire interstate.
    3. Nobody even noticed I was 45 minutes late to work. My first block class of freshmen sat for over 20 minutes with no teacher in the room.
    4. They didn't even turn the lights on.
    5. I wonder how long my students would have waited before they went to the office and told them their teacher was missing. 
    6. I ate the same thing for breakfast today as yesterday. Yesterday my blood sugar was 25 points high, today it was 10 points under. 
    7. This diabetes shit is for the birds.
    8. We have childbirth class tonight. The one where we have to bring pillows to practice labor positions.... this should be fun. :)
    9. My shower is this weekend! 
    10. Most of what's been purchased from my registry has already arrived in the mail from people who can't make it to the shower. I'm happy that most of the gifts I get this weekend will still be a surprise, but my shower guests must be procrastinators! 
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    1) thyroid biopsy today; I thought it was at 9am but turned out it was at 10a. So, I showed up an hour earlier.

2) Didn't hurt as much as my last biopsy but I think it is because this time I was numbed up.

3) my ice pack is now warm but I don't want to get up to get the frozen one.

4) I really want this thing gone, but have really no medical reason to remove it (unless this turns out to be pre-cancerous/cancerous.

5) I hate when, at work, a patient comes in and says "I know. I'm a nurse."

6) Sadly, I did the same thing today when I was being told about signs/symptoms of infection/clots.

7) i'm annoyed that I have to deal with a problem at work that had nothing to do with us but that my manager didn't want to deal with so I get stuck with it.

8) I'm working 8 days in a row this week.

9) looking forward to my parents coming down on Saturday to build me a closet in DS's room.

10) I want to take a nap, but I need to get up in like 30 minutes to get my kid.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    mmksmmks member
    1. My BFF from HS sent me an amazing package of stuff she didn't use with her twins! Brand new cloth diaper covers, wet bag, A&A blankets, and some clothes. Just wow!
    2. I am still effing sick. Sides are so sore from coughing.
    3. DS isn't really eating and hasn't peed all day. Wtf kiddo? Hope he's not on his way to getting sick again.
    4. Heading to the chiro this afternoon. I'm sure my back is messed up since I've pretty much been sleeping sitting up for 3 days.
    5. I miss doing yoga! But deep breaths = coughing fits.
    6. My computer won't open. Don't have the energy to troubleshoot it, so everything is done via mobile.
    7. Missing our play date tomorrow due to my cold and bad weather again!
    8. DS isn't napping. Guess he's not getting sick.
    9. I'm picturing the mylasian airliner that went down as the beginning of LOST. Anyone else?
    10. I think of lots of questions to post on TB, but then can't think of them when I'm
    on here.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    1. This is the grumpiest pregnancy I have had.
    2. Consequently, 3-10 will be complaints.
    3. My son will not nap anymore since we put him in a big boy bed. I just took out all the toys from his room in hopes he will be so bored he will fall asleep. He is only 2y8m.
    4. The vericose veins in my thighs hurt and all I want to so is lie down all day long.
    5. I finally tried trader joes Cookie Butter and don't think it is that good. But I have still eaten half a jar.
    6. Why isn't it Friday yet?
    7. Daylight savings is leaving me totally exhausted. I hope it is only temporary and my body adjusts.
    8. It is snowing again today.
    9. The non napping son is really trying my patience lately.
    10. Sorry for the dark cloud. Hopefully next week I can be happier!
  • Options
    1.  My 8 year old woke up with horrendous sinuses, just like her mommy. I let her stay home with me today.

2.  It's a glorious 60 degrees here in NY, and I am SOOOO not looking forward to it being 20 degrees by Thursday.

3.  My bra is becoming a HUGE inconvenience that I don't like to wear.  BUT, my ever-growing nips that are ridiculously dark at this point is hard to mask without three layers of shirts.

4.  My body is also running at practically 1000 degrees, so those aforementioned layers get ripped off at various periods at night, exposing those huge, dark nips.

5.  I am still in denial that this Karate chopping kid will be on the outside in 9 weeks. Tomorrow we will schedule my c-section, I am hoping that date slaps me in the head.

6.  My company wants me to take over a major NFL sponsorship, which would normally require some glitzy travel and schmoozing to figure everything out, but everyone keeps looking at my belly and wondering when I can travel to the west coast :-(  I hope I don't lose out while on maternity leave.

7.  I think I have subconsciously decided to work from home one day a week.  It's happened the past three weeks (mostly because my commute exhausts me)...however, I am not as effective from home.

8.  My rings officially don't fit anymore :-(.  I am now wearing my right hand ring on my left finger (its a diamond and sapphire band that could be a wedding band)...my right hand is a FULL size bigger than my left.

9.  My wedding band size is a 4.  That freaks people out, especially because my actual ring size is a 3.5.  When I gave birth to my daughter, I was swollen to a size 8!!!!

10.  I am hoping I don't have a mental, hormonal breakdown at 35-36 weeks like last time and jam the rings on again....only to have the wedding ring CUT OFF :-(  But I can make no promises. 
  • Options
    1. Bed rest on Spring Break isn't bad at all; I'm even enjoying it.
    2. If I had to stay on bed test I'd probably be stir crazy. Props to you ladies who've been on rest and can't get off.
    3. I don't want to go back to work next week. I have 2 kiddos who drive me insane (and my blood pressure up) everyday.
    4. I had my family/friends baby shower this last weekend!
    5. We have our 3D ultrasound next week! Can't wait to see baby!!
    6. Over Spring Break they're switching my lovely color printer out for a black and white at work :-(
    7. I wish had the option to work from home.
    8. My doctor has mentioned writing work restrictions (or whatever they write when they want to make your job easier) and I have no clue what she could write that my principal would do...
    9. I want a new job
    10. My "BFF" has ignored me the last 5 months and replaced me with another friend and treats me like an outcast. Ive tried to be adult and ask what ive done but i get "oh nothing youre just being emotional." then hear from others that she talks behind my back... It makes going to work even more enjoyable every day. It's kinda like going to High School.
  • Options
    1. I've been MIA for a while now, and I can't decide if I'll have the time to come back.

2. I had my 3D u/s today, and it sucked.

3. Reflux sucks

4. I've had multiple people tell me I look huge. Here's to 2 1/2 more months...joy.

5. My husband asked me if my blood type was rocky road b/c he saw the scale at the appointment today. (totally not douchey, b/c he's fat, too) 

6. Had my first real BH experience on Sunday. Luckily it only lasted about an hour, and I was dehydrated.

7. I secretly enjoyed seeing the PA for the first time today because I felt like she actually engaged with me.

8. I have to have another u/s in 2 weeks to make sure the baby's growth rate doesn't drop off since I'm short and he's already running out of room. 

9. I'm over work already.

10. I want sleep.
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"