Parenting
Options

WWPD? (NPR) FB Drama

So I come here to ask Parenting a non-Parenting question because you all know everything there is to know about everything.  You have your disagreements but ultimately, you know what's up.  I have done an intro, probably a long while ago, and I lurk a lot.  Can I just say weird and fun things are happening to the bump because of you guise.  And I'm happy to see Twatley back lol.
A close relative on Facebook just moved to a new state to live with her boyfriend.  She started a new fb account right before she moved and only had a few friends on there.  Today there is someone on her account, claiming to be an ex from before this boyfriend and previous boyfriend.  He is making threats about the previous bf and to her.  He sent me a fb message and I didn't engage, and then un-friended her, since it's not actually her.  Then I sent her a text messagetelling her what happened and not heard back yet.  Is there anything I can do about this?  I surely can't call cops for being harassed on facebook.  I wonder if this guy will actually find her and do something?  I wonder if this guy is her new bf doing some cleaning out of her friends and family?  I have so many scenarios running thru my head.  Her previous bf sent me a message also because he is getting threats from this guy too.  Could it be previous bf with a grudge?  Doubtful, but you never know. 
Anyways, I stay out of drama, especially fb drama.  But this does concern me because she just moved out of state and she is only 18 and nobody really knows her current bf.  I prefer to just stay out of it and ignore this guy, but I would feel terrible if something were to happen to someone.  Suggestions? 
Thanks for your help and if I had more time I would put pics up Paul Rudd,  Jared Leto, Harry Styles, and Johnny Depp for your viewing pleasure (and mine.)  

Re: WWPD? (NPR) FB Drama

• Options
    No, I just didn't realize... So do I just go to her account and there's somewhere that says report?  I feel so dumb.  Seriously, I check my newsfeed, messages and sometimes post stuff and that's it.  I'll go see about that.  Thanks.  
  • Options
    I sent her a text but she hasn't gotten back to me.  It's the only way I can contact her.  I don't know if she knows yet....  

I did just report the account, so there's that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it would be a good idea to report it to the authorities. If this is for real it is best to catch the person now in the threatening stage rather than after they do something physically.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    Update!!  Thanks for your help.  She is safe, all's good.  Everything has been taken care of.  I have yet to talk to her but she is supposed to be getting her phone turned back on this week.  And I have talked to a relative whom she called two nights ago.  (Did I use that "whom" right?  lmk)  She is claiming to be happy and glad she made the choice to move.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"