May 2013 Moms
Options

How do you handle MOTN wake ups?

DD was an amazing sleeper from 6 weeks to 6 months. Since then there's been sicknesses, teething and who knows what else. Now she doesn't sttn more than she does. She goes to bed just fine on her own for the most part at around 7:30/8:00. Around 12 she starts to wake, stands up and screams bloody murder. I usually go in because I'm worried she pooped and don't want her to sit in it. I lay her back down and sometimes she goes right back out with her paci. Sometimes it's a 2 hour back n forth. I'll let her cry for 5 minutes, lay her down and then 10 minutes later she'll be back up. Sometimes she will wind up pooping during her crying or during the 10 minutes she was laying down.

After that novel...how are you handling motn wake ups with a baby that used to sttn?
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How do you handle MOTN wake ups?

• Options
    LO never took a pacifier so I always nursed him back to sleep. He would also stand up and cry/scream. He was waking up MOTN from 4 to 9.5 months.

Even tho I was tired and frustrated I knew the extra calories wouldn't hurt bc he has been on the smaller side. And I was banking on what I read from here the breastfed babies start to STTN around 9 months.

It could be coincidence but I found he slept better when he went to bed around 8/8:30.

So the way I handled it was to feed him and pedi never mentioned sleep training. So I would do what works for you. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I listen and sometimes hell stop after a couple mins. I always try to pat his back and try to never pick him up unless he is hysterical.  It seems to me the minute I pick him up its hard to get him to lay back down.  Some nights I have to rock him if it was really bad.  Tylenol if hes teething is a last resort haha. Oops!
  • Options
    With my son I was also told by our pediatrician to give water.  He was getting enough solids and milk during the day.  This actually worked for us.  We didn't have to do this with my daughter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    I would like to know this as well. Ive tried giving my son water and he just screams. Feeding him is the only thing that puts him back to sleep and he definitely doesn't need to be eating in the motn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pretty much what Lax says. I just usually ignore her after I go in and check. But one thing is your LO getting enough to eat during the day?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we wait for maybe five minutes, hope the crying stops...if it doesn't I feed him.
  • Options
    I usually wait 5 - 10 minutes now and she goes back to sleep. I can usually tell by her cry though whether or not she will. If not, I just go in and nurse her because I'm too tired to try anything else...
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A sleeps with me. She doesn't fully wake because I will nurse her and she falls back asleep. I don't plan on changing things right now. As she gets older thing will change on their own. We are both happy this way.

• Options

Pretty much what Lax says. I just usually ignore her after I go in and check. But one thing is your LO getting enough to eat during the day?

Yesterday she had 26oz of formula, French toast, fish sticks, Mac n cheese, peas, peaches, yogurt melts, graham crackers, chicken nuggets and a food pouch with rice cereal mixed in. I think she ate more than I did.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same issue here! I'll wait a few minutes to see if he soothes himself back to sleep.  If he doesn't, I go in and feed him.  
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • Options
    I go in and get him and nurse him. 3 attempts to put back in bed are given, if he's still not going back to sleep, he comes to bed with me. I don't believe in CIO or sleep training, so he only fusses a little while I go pee, and then I'm in there snuggling and nursing. We've gone from every other hour to 3-4 hours, so I'm seeing an improvement :)  Our doctor suggested the bottle of water thing, but I can't do that to my baby who needs the boob to get to sleep. What we're doing works for us, so I'm going to keep doing it.
    photo 557d2a08-8ed4-4d2b-9ba6-5f4850d67476.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"