Parenting

Workout folks. A question.

Do you work out when you're sick?  If so, does it make you feel better?

I've had a head/chest cold for about 10 days now and for reasons not related to the cold, I haven't been working out.  

Will working out make me feel better because I'm just about fucking done with this cold and I want it to go away. 

No, I don't really think working out will get rid of a cold.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: Workout folks. A question.

• I can breathe ok, but I cough a lot if the air temperature changes dramatically (like going from a warm house to a cold outside).  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• If your sickness is above the neck (head cold, runny nose, etc) it's probably ok to work out.  Anything below the neck (coughing, congestion) or if you're running a fever, you probably should not.

You just wouldn't want to tax yourself too much with a chest cold because that could turn into something worse.

• Loading the player...
  • KewiiKewii member
    futant462 said:
    If your sickness is above the neck (head cold, runny nose, etc) it's probably ok to work out.  Anything below the neck (coughing, congestion) or if you're running a fever, you probably should not.

You just wouldn't want to tax yourself too much with a chest cold because that could turn into something worse.
    This is the rule I live by.  I usually find if it's above the neck and I work out, I feel better.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Yup.  A lot of times when I have a head cold working out temporarily clears me up.  I never feel like it though.
    image image
  • I go by a combo of how I feel and "where" the sickness is. Like others mentioned, if its above the neck (i.e. head cold/runny nose) and I feel up to it, I'll work out. Anything below the neck (chest cold/cough, stomach bug/diarrhea), I'd pass on the workout and rest up.

For me, its a toss up a lot of the time bc either I'll work out and it'll make me feel a little better temporarily, or it just makes me feel run down and wiped out. So as of lately (now that I'll be taking my 2nd round of antibiotics for this fucking sinus infection that won't quit), I've been slacking in the workout area bc my energy level has been jack shit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"