Parenting
Options

Diagnose me

For the past 5 nights, I've felt nauseated all evening from about 5 p.m. until I fall asleep. My stomach feels like it has some liquid settling in it, and I feel like I might throw up, but I don't. I wake up the next morning feeling fine.

I've had stomach bugs like that in the past, but the nauseated feeling usually lasts all day and is gone after 24-48 hours. This is only in the evening, and it's been 5 days now.

I'm definitely not pregnant.

Other thoughts?
Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

Re: Diagnose me

• Options
    Reflux? Stomach Ulcer?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hi!!!

Fever? Diet changes? Any sinus drainage?  
    Hiiiii!!! xo

No fever.
    Nothing jumping out in my diet, but I'll think about that one some more.
    No sinus drainage.

Thanks for playing. ;)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reflux? Stomach Ulcer?
    Hmmm… I don't think so, but it does run in my family. My dad has the worst time with reflux and has had a stomach ulcer. My daughter has trouble with reflux, too. I need to google this one some more.

Thanks.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Moidonna said:
    I vote for reflux.
    I didn't want to love tit because I definitely don't love tit, but thank you. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Ummmmmmm.... How to ask?  Is your stomach actually upset?

Does Tums or Pepto or GasX help?

**Stuck in Wordsy's box ;) **

Well since you asked, for the first 2 nights, I was super gassy. The past 3, I've had to go to the bathroom once or twice. I took Tums on the gassy nights, and it helped a little. Maybe I'll try that again tonight if it persists.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I haven't actually had heartburn, though… It's all in the stomach.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, ladies.

@wordsmith26 because I think you might be on mobile, ygpm.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Have you started taking a multivitamin/changed a multivitamin or started using a new BCP?  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    To rule out heartburn I'd suggest trying gaviscon first, it has a combination of the alginic acid and bicarbonate that creates a foam barrier which helps prevent acid from floating up and irritating the sphincter at the top of your stomach (which may be causing referred pain into your stomach, making you think it's not heart burn if you only feel the pain/queasiness lower).  Also, what changes for you around 5pm? Are you home from work? Are you laying down or reclining in a chair around that time? Any foods/liquids you typically have right around that time? I'd recommend taking a dose of liquid gaviscon in the morning and throughout the day to see if it has an effect on your around the time you usually start having symptoms.  That could at least narrow down the area of the problem. If it helps it could still be an ulcer that's getting irritated as opposed to just heartburn.

• Options
    ElTrain5 said:
    To rule out heartburn I'd suggest trying gaviscon first, it has a combination of the alginic acid and bicarbonate that creates a foam barrier which helps prevent acid from floating up and irritating the sphincter at the top of your stomach (which may be causing referred pain into your stomach, making you think it's not heart burn if you only feel the pain/queasiness lower).  Also, what changes for you around 5pm? Are you home from work? Are you laying down or reclining in a chair around that time? Any foods/liquids you typically have right around that time? I'd recommend taking a dose of liquid gaviscon in the morning and throughout the day to see if it has an effect on your around the time you usually start having symptoms.  That could at least narrow down the area of the problem. If it helps it could still be an ulcer that's getting irritated as opposed to just heartburn.
    It has been hitting around 5 p.m. whether I am sitting or standing. One day it was while we were at the playground. Another day at home sitting in a recliner. That is about when I get home from work, but there is no rhyme or reason to my physical stance. I don't have a specific thing I'm eating around that time, either. Some days I have a small snack around 3:30-4 (crackers and PB or an apple would be typical), but other days, I don't eat anything from lunch time until I get home.

Thank you for the recommendations! I will try this.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    It sounds like this may be the point in the day when you stomach is at its most empty, which can exasurbate reflux symptoms as well.  I hope the gavicson gives you some relief, good luck!

• Options
    Anxiety?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EVA116 said:
    Anxiety?
    I'd be very surprised if it was anxiety, but I've never had anxiety issues before, so I have no idea how it manifests itself. Interesting. I will keep this in mind.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I'm a long-time acid reflux sufferer. It can present in different ways for me. I think it's probably different for everyone. Sometimes it's a throw-up feeling when really bad, sometimes it's the burn that's described by many people as typical heartburn. It is often accompanied by some gas issues. 

I'd try some Tums and see if that helps. 

Also, I think someone recommended this, but have you changed anything in your diet recently? Drinking more coffee or juice? Eating more citrus,tomatoes, or other acidic foods? Anything like that? Those are some common triggers of reflux for me. I've (unfortunately) had to eliminate many of those things from my diet to help control my reflux, but I'm just using them as examples of stuff that I know can cause reflux for me. I'm not saying it is reflux (<-----not a doctor), but it might be worth looking at those things.

I hope you feel better soon. 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"