Blended Families
Options

Kids say the darndest things...

(Follow up from Hello and needing to vent...)

So as some of you know, my oldest SS has been with us for Christmas and has been telling DH & I since DH picked him up that he wants to live with us. DH & I both talked to him and we talked about it without him and finally told SS that we would really like that but for right now he lives with mommy and had to go back to school but that we would talk to BM about it.

That was that. DH & I decided that we would hold off until summer and if he still wanted to stay with us since most kids dont really understand the whole moving concept. DH still wanted to talk to BM and see what she thought about it before we went the court route.

Well, SS beat him to it. BM called last night and while SS was on the phone with her he says "Daddy and Lindsey want me to come live with them." I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. DH got on the phone and clarified the comment and surprisingly to both of us, BM isn't against the idea. DH is going to talk to her in person Sunday so we will see...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kids say the darndest things...

• Options

Ohhh good luck! My SD pulled that bullsh!t and said that she wanted to live with us, begging to talk to her mom, etc.  Well we did and then Miss Innocent goes "Mommy I never said that! They just want me to live there, I dont want to leave you,etc."  <-- she was 11 when she did this, so she KNEW what she was doing...

Luckily your SS is young so I dont think he meant any harm. Maybe he was just so excited that you guys said "maybe" :) Not a sense of rejection but that you guys really really wanted him :) <-- I say this especially if he's feeling the short end of the stick with his little brother!

• Options

He was excited about the possibility and I dont think he meant any harm but DH & I were just trying to keep it under wraps until he could talk to her in person. So when he said that her on the phone it was like a punch in the stomach... especially with the BM. I think he does feel that way with his brother because he has told us all week that he is glad to be here away from his brother.

On your side... I can't believe she did that. My jaw dropped when I read that! I hope it all worked out for you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey... where did you get your signature graphics? I like those!
  • Options
    wow- I wish you the best of luck! I wish my SS would just move in with us.  He pulls that all the time back and forth back and forth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"