Baby Names

Ugh. Cousin having another baby, wanting another UNIQUE name!

My cousin is expecting again. She has a 4 year old with the name Nalaha.Starr.  Sounds like NAH LAH HA! But no, it is pronounced Nala, like in the Lion King. I very much dislike the name, especially since it is misspelled. Now she is asking for unique names for a boy or girl. I'd love to suggest some names but I'm afraid they won't meet her standards! 

People on her Facebook have already suggested Spirit Shanelle, Kazarha Shaler, and Jerricka (UGH!)

Re: Ugh. Cousin having another baby, wanting another UNIQUE name!

• You know, the link to the STFU column below sounds like it will have names right up her alley!

• WTF. I wouldn't even know what to recommend to go with that garbage (sorry).

Maybe Symbah? I kid I kid.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Love Symba! Syrrabi and Timmone are charming as well! LOL
  • Ha...this thread it too much.  I just wish this wasn't an actual child who is going to have to live with and spell whatever terrible choice mom makes.  
  • I don't think Nala (this spelling) is even remotely bad.  It's an African name, I think? 

Don't get me wrong, the spelling is jacked. but the name is quite pretty. Shrugs.

Also, maybe this is just me, but the title of you post made me think that your cousin was on her 11th kid or something.  2 kids 4 years apart doesn't seem "ugh, again" worthy to me?

Maybe I just need another cup of coffee or something.

;)

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Oh no bother, we just have different preferences! I'm sorry if my post came across as if I am unhappy she is expecting, I assure you she is an excellent mom and I'm very happy for her! I just have a feeling I won't like the name is all.
  • When I saw the Jerricka suggestion, all I could think of is Jerrica Benton (aka Jem from the Holograms). It was actually a pretty popular name in the 80's because of that cartoon, but that doesn't make it a good name.

I know two.  One is Jerrica and I think the other is Jerrika. 

I'd actually forgotten that Jem's real name was Jerrica.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yeah, I don't get Nala from Nalaha.  Too many unnecessary letters.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• How about Brouhaha?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"