LGBT Parenting
Options

Pregnancy Check-in

How is your and/or your spouse/SO's pregnancy going? Any updates? Please remind us how far along you are and what your EDD is.

QOTW: If you had to pick one song to be your pregnancy theme song for this pregnancy so far, what would it be?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Pregnancy Check-in

• Options
    We are 6w5d today (the RE re-dated us last week so we now switch to a new week on Wednesday, not Tuesday). Our EDD is October 26, but we're pregnant with twins and they almost always come early, so I think we're expecting a late Sept/early Oct date.

@Manada was super sick on Friday and threw up five times (maybe more--she could tell us for sure)! We were both really worried that with morning sickness that bad, she'd have to be hospitalized because she couldn't keep fluids or food down. "Luckily" that night, I got really nauseated and threw up. And we figured out that we had the stomach bug that's going around Toronto. We spent Saturday sleeping and eating BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). By Sunday we were both feeling a bit better and went out to try to find some clothes that could fit M's twin blump. We had a super lucky day sale wise. At Target, she got some maternity jeans and a maternity skirt and at checkout we found out they were each about 75% off! And then at the thrift store where we bought a few maternity things and a ton of baby clothes, we found out at the checkout that if we signed up for one of their store's free points card things, we could save 50% on all clothes. (We have been buying baby clothes on clearance and at thrift stores since before we even started trying, so although it's still very early, we're continuing to do it.) We also got 4 pregnancy and baby books at the thrift store, including a copy of "The Birth Partner" which M says is hard to find because it's out of print.)

QOTW: "Eye of the Tiger." It was our IVF song, but it continues to be our pregnancy song. I think it's fitting. I hope that things go smoothly enough from here on out, that our pregnancy theme song can be less of an underdog song. :)
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    healz413, I love the song "Eye of the Tiger"  It was my wife's song in high school when playing sports.  It comes on the radio and we both go crazy singing it.  Great song!

I will be 15 weeks tomorrow.  It is crazy to think!  I think I say that each week :-)  My EDD is 9/2  I have a feeling this little girl is going to come early.  She is measuring a few days bigger and is 4 oz right now, most sites say around this time she should be 1-2oz.  I want her to stay in there and cook as long as she needs, but I am okay with having an August baby or a September baby.

As far as pregnancy symptoms go, I have been super tired the last few days.  My wife was home all weekend and helped with the kids and I even got to sleep thru the night (except for pee breaks) and I am still exhausted.   I have been drinking a cup of coffee here and there, but I rarely drink all of it.  My mom picked up a double stroller this weekend and the weather is getting better, I am hoping to get outside more and hopefully that will help with the exhaustion.  I am happy to say the constipation has gotten better!  I swear this is the secret of pregnancy and no one likes to talk about poop, but its miserable!  I have also managed to lose almost 10lbs during this pregnancy, I am not sure how.  But I def have a baby bump and I am embracing it!

QOTD: I can't think of a song right now except our wedding song which was "I'll Stand By You" the Carrie Underwood version.  My wife has been amazing and such a great support already.  She is always by my side, even when I am crazy, lol
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    32 weeks and  6 days, EDD 4/29/14

Feeling pretty good. I've been using the heating pad when necessary for my leg cramps and I continue taking Calcium and Magnesium and my leg cramps have stayed away, which I am so grateful for!!

Now when I lay on my back (on the couch for instance) I have to heave and roll to the side to get up - its pretty funny.  Owen keeps growing and moving around. I love watching him shift my belly around. I think most of the time his back and butt are against my front and he's facing the back.  EV loves feeling him hop around too. 

We add a bunch of sea turtle themed things to our Amazon list.  I'm getting excited to work on his nursery and hopefully buy some of our wish list in the next few weeks (since we only have 7 weeks I should maybe make a timeline....).  We're doing great on cloth diapers, between the newborn ones we had and the one-size diapers I bought last weekend.  I keep wondering how soon I should bring the co-sleeper out. Our house is pretty small so I should leave it in the garage for as long as possible - but I feel better if I have a "home" for Owen all set up.  We also decided to transition Kaden to a toddler bed in the near future, since he's out growing his crib. Probably Montessori inspired floor bed (Thanks @manada & @healz for the inspiration). 

Our next midwife appointment is tomorrow evening, R will come to our house. I still need to call our landlord and confirm having the birth tub here will be okay.  I'm feeling some amount of trepidation because I really really want to have a birth tub, and if he says no... I'm not sure how I will take that.  We decided if he was worried we could offer to give him a holding deposit (in case of any damages).  He and his wife are great and we actually get along really well.  We're kind of house shopping together since they want another investment property and we want a larger house (eventually).  But he's also pretty strict about certain things (like no pets, even to pet sit - we asked over the holidays). I get it since I'm a landlord too - but... Anyway FX he says yes and I can scratch this item off the "to-do" list.

Other than that I'm just mentally preparing myself that we'll have a newborn in 50 days or so.  Last time we were in the process of buying our house, and moving and life was crazy to say the least.  But I also went out on early leave at 32 weeks.  This time life feels more settled in some ways which I really appreciate. And working weekends has actually been okay with a pregnant body.  I'm driving for about 7 hours each day. I joked to EV that I'm so used to driving all day now that I can easily take us down to Las Vegas (about 8 hours away)  anytime!!

I'm curious to see how Owen is measuring, if we're in for another big baby.  But with Kaden weighing in at 9.5, even an 8lb baby would be a relief!! I also keeping thinking about how long labor will be.  My first labor was 15 hours start to finish. About 4 hours of serious labor (after my water broke).  From my internet research and reading it seems #2 is often about half that time. Though no less intense since the body has to open up the same amount.  There are just various logistics we need to plan for.  Our brother and sister-in-law are back from their trip to SE Asia, so hopefully we'll meet and hash out plans for Kaden-care and the birth soon.

*(sorry if there are any weird typos - Kaden got to the laptop....)
    Have a great day everyone!!

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited March 2014

27w6d today. EDD is June 3rd.

I am TIRED today. I did lots of cleaning and chores at home this weekend, and then I didn't sleep well last night, so today I just feel beat.

Baby girl I think is also tired... she hasn't been as active since Friday as she usually is. I still feel her move around periodically (which is reassuring... a bit), but she hasn't been giving me the big kicks she was last week the last couple of days. My wife keeps telling me that she might just be resting more, or that perhaps she has moved her position and that is why I am not feeling as much. I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I am still feeling her, it is just not as much. I am hoping she has an active day in the next couple of days to put my mind back at ease.

Next OB appointment is next Monday the 17th. My OB says we will do an ultrasound that day to see how big she is and check on her positioning. I am looking forward to seeing her again. This is the longest stretch we have gone without an ultrasound.

That's about it from here. Just feeling more pregnant lately. Yesterday morning my wife and I went out to breakfast and then to run a few errands and my wife kept having to slow down to wait for me in parking lots LOL... It is funny because I am usually a VERY fast walker and my wife would always yell at me that her legs aren't as long as mine and that nothing is on fire I can slow down a little. Well, starting yesterday I was the slow poke and she was waiting for me to catch up. I guess that is my latest pregnancy milestone HAHA

QOTW: Well, I told this story on a GTKY thread a couple of weeks ago, but the song "Every Heartbeat" by Amy Grant ... I listened to this song in my car on the way to work everyday in between the day that we got our BFP and the day of our first ultrasound. I used to sing it to the baby -- willing her to have a heartbeat the first time that we saw her on ultrasound. It became my little ritual. My wife didn't even know about it. The day we had our first ultrasound and we saw her heartbeat, I played the song for my wife in the car on the way home and told her that was "Noodle's song" -- we called the baby Noodle in the early days of pregnancy. I still listen to the song periodically, and it just makes me happy and reminds me of this crazy journey and how far we have come from where we started.

I also love the song "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder, and I like to imagine my wife and I dancing around with our newborn daughter singing that to her...

I could probably come up with a whole pregnancy soundtrack. I tend to connect easily with music and relate lyrics to my life. There are lots of songs that I love for different reasons, and several that make me cry when I hear them and I think about our baby and becoming a mom...

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Hi All, 

H. caught up on our weekend --- but OMG, once I see that the Rockies weathered through the stomach flu okay, I will be so happy that it was a bug that we got and not the beginnings of super bad m/s!   I felt like I got hit by a truck at work on Friday and was researching my options in case I had to leave work on disability if it persisted.... it was horrible!

To clarify what H. mentioned -- we did buy me clothes on the weekend, but less for my twin "bump" as it is for my "twin bloat"!    There's no bump there, just a lot of bloat getting moved around on me and making it impossible for me to do up my jeans!     Either way, I'm super grateful for the new stretchy pants, which I'm wearing with joy today because they are so comfy.   My guess is that if we keep having twins I won't fit into my regular work-pants within another couple of weeks, so it was an early, but appreciated purchase.

We were wiped out most of the weekend from our illness, but the rest of the time was spent trying to digest what it will mean for us to have twins.    The thought is overwhelming for sure, but at the same time, such a gift for us because we really do want to have two or three children, and this may save us from having to do IVF again (a thought I was dreading!).   I'm still trying to figure out how or if it might be possible to have some sense of control over demedicalizing the pregnancy/birth process a bit so that we can feel a bit grounded in it, but we will see.   Obviously healthy family is the #1 goal for us and my first goal is to keep them inside as long as possible.

QOTW:   The Rocky theme song is def. Eye of the Tiger.  No doubts about it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    Manada said:

To clarify what H. mentioned -- we did buy me clothes on the weekend, but less for my twin "bump" as it is for my "twin bloat"!    There's no bump there, just a lot of bloat getting moved around on me and making it impossible for me to do up my jeans!    

For the record, I said "blump," not "bump." "Blump" is a term that (if I recall correctly) @KH826 and @ball.and.chain have used to refer to the period between the bloat from IVF and the bump from pregnancy. :)
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• Options
    Hi all! I'm 16w5d with a EDD of 8/20.

@flygirl1228 - Love the names!! J always yells at my belly "Hey Simone, what's goin' on girl?" :) It's fun to use their real names!

AFM...
    It's funny, my yoga instructor (a sage, 60ish woman) always says "Due Time," i.e., "Oh, you're in your due time!" and reminds us the average first born is 41.5 weeks - so 10 days post EDD. She considers due time 37 - 42 weeks. Oy! So I have been adjusting my thinking to Aug 30 or so. To be honest, I'd love a Virgo - but J wants the Leo. Perhaps we'll get a cuspy Lirgo :).

Things are going well. I am in a sort of 2nd Tri revery - not as tired, getting stuff done, sleeping all night, seeing friends, almost forgetting I'm pregnant! It's been great to be 'me' again - though, I know better than to get attached. Still, this weekend I put in a couple hours re-arranging the basement to accommodate all of the cool (but big) baby stuff people are handing down, and organized all the clothes we've been given (I think we are set 0-6 months!). Though I'm sure we'll end up getting more. I definitely get tired/breathless sooner than before, but otherwise feeling great!

Other productive steps: I got an appointment with a medical geneticist at Children's Hospital - this is a pediatrician who specialized in genetic conditions related to chromosome abnormalities. Bingo! It's on 3/21. My hope is to walk away with a timeline/plan for assessments after she is born, and then to just sit tight and stop worrying about the trisomy x since there is really nothing to be done until then. 

Second, I think I found daycare - seriously - I got the name of an in-home daycare (our preference), 5 blocks away from our house (right?!), who allows partial weeks for infants (no way! we only want 3 days) and is $80/day - so $1000 a month. They only take 6 kids, with 2 caregivers, and max 2 infants but typically just one. And, they are available for Feb 1!! We are going to visit in about a month and get everything confirmed. We are SO HAPPY about this! A friend of a friend used this daycare for her daughter from infancy to kindergarten, and said "Jade was like a second mom to my daughter, and she sends kids to school capable and confident." Er, 3rd mom for lil'mamaz I guess! :) This was huge!

Otherwise, we have our preliminary a/s on Friday at 17w2d (standard at our MFM) and then the 'real one' at 20w2d. We plan an echo as well at 24w (which would best be done at 22w, but we are on vacation). I'm still consistent in going to yoga (2x/week, soon to be 3x) which I am grateful for already for back and hip discomfort and thinking about labor movements; and I added back my 3 mile walks 2-3x/week. I'm also seeing a chiropractor every 2 weeks which just feels good and right. My neck is all weird from sleeping more than anything.

QOTW: Nothing comes to mind, but J said Will Farrell's "Happy" has been her favorite song during this pregnancy, and we do play it a bit and it is on Simone's Happy Playlist we made for her!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    healz413 said:
    Manada said:

To clarify what H. mentioned -- we did buy me clothes on the weekend, but less for my twin "bump" as it is for my "twin bloat"!    There's no bump there, just a lot of bloat getting moved around on me and making it impossible for me to do up my jeans!    

For the record, I said "blump," not "bump." "Blump" is a term that (if I recall correctly) @KH826 and @ball.and.chain have used to refer to the period between the bloat from IVF and the bump from pregnancy. :)
    Yep - Blump is sooooo a real thing! Embrace it @Manada - you have double the blump to love in there! :)

• Options
    Happy Monday everyone.

22w3d, EDD July 11th

Pregnancy is chugging along. We bought a dresser/changing table for the baby over the weekend from a freight damaged store. It was a steal of a deal. We also bought ourselves a gigantic dresser for our room. All of our business clothes are currently in the Bubbles' closet and we've got to fit everything in our room somehow. My dad is helping us remodel our closet this coming weekend. Hopefully with these two things all of our stuff will fit and I guess whatever doesn't can get donated. 

I've really been slacking on exercising the past month or so. My bff and I went to yoga yesterday, I even talked J into trying the core and restore class. She seemed to like it. I hope it helps with her back issues. Now that it will be dark later I am hoping we at least walk the dogs everyday too. 

We have an appointment with our midwife tonight after work. I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat, I have yet to figure it out with the fetoscope. It will be interesting to hear what she says about our birth plans while we wait to see if my placenta will allow for a vaginal home birth or not. I'm still feeling pretty stuck in limbo land. 

QOTW: I am a huge music lover and usually have a song(s) for every moment of life haha, but I don't really have one for this pregnancy. I'll have to think about it some more and see if I come up with anything. The night we inseminated we went to a Spirit Family Reunion concert so that will always remind me of Bubbles. I play Music by Eric Sermon and Love of My Life (Ode to Hip Hop) by Erykah Badu to Bubbles everyday too so those are "our songs" There aren't any that come to my head about the experience of being pregnant though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! 

I'm currently 28w5d with boy/girl twins. EDD is 5/28.  I've been on bedrest since 26 weeks.. Every day the babies stay in is a good day!  I do tend to panic before my thursday cervical check appt at maternal fetal medicine, which is a pain.. but my cervix seems to keep shrinking every week.. :( IT also gets a bit lonely sometimes when I don't get a bunch of phone calls for work, but it'll all be worth it! My OB also said that it looks like I have the beginning of PUPPPs.. which stinks.. but nothing has really gone without a hitch in this entire pregnancy..   Anyone have any advice for dealing with a super itchy belly??

Aside from laying down all the time, things are ok. The babies are growing at a great pace (this past thurs boy was 2lbs11oz, and girl was 2lbs9oz!) and they love to assault me all day/night long. :) 
     @KH826  I also got freaked out right around that time with my boy.. he just decided to lay low for a while, then after a day or so picked right back up with his usual antics- I did call my OB and they used the doppler to put me at ease- If you are super stressed, I suggest calling the OB to see what they say!

And congrats to @flygirl1228 ! welcome to the boy/girl twin club!  I love the names! We are keeping ours secret until they get here; we really love driving our families crazy!

QOTW:  I think for me it would be Pat Benatar's "Hit me with your best shot"  This pregnancy has been so hard from 7 weeks onward, and we've faced so much but we keep getting up and pressing onward! 
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    22w1d, EDD 7/13/14.

I am doing OK.  I had a little episode of light-headedness and sweating on the subway this morning on my way to work, and had to get off and sit on a bench in a station for a little while until I felt better.  I ate some grapes I had with me in case it was low blood sugar, and I did some deep breathing to calm myself down, and when I felt OK I got back on the subway and went to work.  I have felt mostly fine since but I am very tired -- I think from the adrenaline rush that came with being nervous about what was happening (andplusalso not getting a super solid night's sleep, DST, and being pregnant).  The nurse I spoke to at my OB's office said it sounds like low blood pressure, which is normal -- Dr. Google says it's at its lowest point in mid-pregnancy, which is where I am -- and that I should not be concerned but should call if it happens again.

I don't know if I reported this last week -- I don't think it happened until mid-week -- but I finally felt definitive movement from Mr. Baby.  It feels sort of like butterfly wings at this point, definitely not kicks yet.  I have felt him a few times every day since, which is exciting and reassuring.  There's really something living in there!

Other than that, not much to report.  Round ligament pain has arrived.  I'm hungry all the time, and rarely want anything healthy anymore.

Conversation at my dad's house last night:

Wife, to me: Can I have a cigar when my son is born?
    Me: What happened the last time you had a cigar?
    Wife: I had a cigar hangover.
    Me: If we have a newborn, I don't want you to have a cigar hangover.
    Wife: But what if your dad wants to smoke a cigar with me?
    Dad: If I had a cigar, I'd probably vomit.

They settled on scotch.

QOTW: "Odds Are" by Barenaked Ladies.  Not a band I listen to much, but every time it comes on the radio, it makes me feel more optimistic.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    healz413 said:
    We also got 4 pregnancy and baby books at the thrift store, including a copy of "The Birth Partner" which M says is hard to find because it's out of print.)

Hmmmm.... the revised 4th edition of The Birth Partner, published in January 2014, is available on Amazon (and other sources, no doubt).  BUT cheaper is always a bonus, and I think you'll find the book helpful!  (I'm reading it now).
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    healz413 said:
    We also got 4 pregnancy and baby books at the thrift store, including a copy of "The Birth Partner" which M says is hard to find because it's out of print.)

Hmmmm.... the revised 4th edition of The Birth Partner, published in January 2014, is available on Amazon (and other sources, no doubt).  BUT cheaper is always a bonus, and I think you'll find the book helpful!  (I'm reading it now).
    Yes I was going to say it is for sure in print! But indeed, this is a great book! When I went through Doula training way back, it was the bible. It's good for both of you to read! Enjoy!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

healz413 said:

Yes I was going to say it is for sure in print! But indeed, this is a great book! When I went through Doula training way back, it was the bible. It's good for both of you to read! Enjoy!

Ah! @Manada either misinformed me or I misremembered which she told me. Either way, it's in our collection now. But now I don't have to worry that someone else who needs it won't be able to find a copy just because we bought that one.

****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    We recently ordered The Birth Partner too! I think my wife is reading it now. We should start a birthing book club! HAHA :)

• Options

How is your and/or your spouse/SO's pregnancy going? Any updates? Please remind us how far along you are and what your EDD is. Definite ups and downs. I wake up feeling great, then the nausea/fatigue hits---or I wake up great and have a wonderful day...today is the former.  We are 10w5d. As of right now, EDD is Oct 2. We have another appt this week (every two weeks-yay) with our OB and then next week we have an US (that my wife wants, but I do not care to do) that can help diagnose Downs

QOTW: If you had to pick one song to be your pregnancy theme song for this pregnancy so far, what would it be? I would have to say one song is Uncertainty by the Fray. So many ups and downs

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"