Wtf phone call — The Bump
Infertility Veterans

Wtf phone call

Sorry to be blowing up the board! I talked to my RE today. He's willing to try one more cycle but then wants me to consider donor eggs. Honestly I'd jump on the donor egg ship right now, DH seems receptive but I think he wants to try with my eggs once more. I was surprised donor sperm wasn't suggested, he said we could if we wanted, DH has horrible sperm but I guess that's easier to get around? I wish money weren't an issue. But RE said donor eggs have their own shared risk so we'd get 6 more tries. A lot to consider, but I'm glad there are possibilities. Also I asked about sac/beta and he said the sac was developed when my beta was high and hasn't passed yet since it's dropped, we'll have to have another ultrasound in like a week to make sure it's gone :(

 


imageimageimageimage

 
 

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

 Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wtf phone call

  • How are you processing it all? Are you ready to jump into another cycle right away?


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
      

     
  • No not right away, maybe June? But we are going to meet w my RE in person to discuss DE so maybe plans will change

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure where to start but I think you need a second opinion. I HATE that they are saying to use donor eggs because it looks more like a sperm issue to me. As you know I've done 3 DE cycles (everyone was always worried about my eggs) yet now we've had 3 poor DE cycles. Aren't your embryos degrading or slowing between day 4 and 5??? That's not the eggs!!! I'd hate for you to spend the $ on DE and have the same thing happen. You need another opinion bc spending big bucks on DE and having that blow up.

    TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

    DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

    K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

    imageimage

    SAIF/PAIF Welcome


    http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

  • I thought that too! Amazing how smart infertility makes us....
    We are going to meet w him and then I'll set up a second opinion. Id love to be able to use DH sperm but again we've known there's been an issue there since the beginning so who knows

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • It just makes my blood boil when thy automatically blame the eggs!!! Especially if the growth issue is day 4-5....

    TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

    DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

    K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

    imageimage

    SAIF/PAIF Welcome


    http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

  • DH and I are both fertility hot messes, we discussed DE and DS also as a potential option

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • DH and I are both fertility hot messes, we discussed DE and DS also as a potential option
    I know the feeling.. I can't remember if I already asked this but were you both karoptyped?

    TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

    DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

    K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

    imageimage

    SAIF/PAIF Welcome


    http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

  • I was, I do not think he was...if he wasn't he def should be, I'll add it to my list of things

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • So sorry you are going through this. Mrs. McIrish is absolutely right. Typically eggs use your metabolism until day 4- then the sperm kicks in. I know my RE says a young good quality egg can sometimes make up for sperm issues, but it's such a gamble. 
    I know when we decided to do donor sperm, we also figured we would try IUI first and see where that takes us, which is where I am currently.
    If DH and you agree to donor sperm, maybe that is something you can try to attempt to keep costs down?
    Lots of hugs
    ***WARNING***

    TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

       **ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 
    image
    image


  • mm29mm29
    Long-Lasting Membership 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
    member
    I agree with McIrish.  I would get a 2nd opinion too!  We went to DE per multiple recommendation and I feel most of our problem may have been DH's BT.  GL with what ever you decide!!  
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

    http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Km672Km672
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary Photogenic
    member
    Again, I'm so very sorry you are going through all of this. I'm glad you are getting a 2nd opinion- there are no easy answers in this process. If you do peruse DE, would your husband be receptive to fertilize 1/2 with his sperm and 1/2 with DE? We were seriously considering this, until my husbands DNA fragmentation results were some of the worst his urologist had ever seen. This way, at least if the embryos with your husbands sperm doesn't work out, you *should* have at least a few embryos left from both donors to try with. I'm not sure if this helps, but I've always liked to have a few possibilities to think about and bring up with the RE.

    Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

    IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

    Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

    DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

    DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

    DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

    FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

    DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

    FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

    Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

    New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

    FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

     

     

     

    sorrellam30mm29
  • Honestly I think we are up for any discussion! I want to know what all our options are. Shady grove has a DE shared risk program I'm also wondering if we did a cycle w DH sperm and they suck if we could use DS the next time. I think the answer is yes. I literally have a page of questions for our meetings.

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • Honestly I think we are up for any discussion! I want to know what all our options are. Shady grove has a DE shared risk program I'm also wondering if we did a cycle w DH sperm and they suck if we could use DS the next time. I think the answer is yes. I literally have a page of questions for our meetings.
    ****SIGGY WARNING****







    I hope this is helpful, but I just wanted to throw out there that this is exactly what we did. We knew we had a serious egg issue, so we got into the DE shared risk program. My DH's sperm never looked great (low morphology and high DNA fragmentation), but he did meet the standard to get into the shared risk program. We didn't realize how bad his sperm was until we only had 2 of the donor eggs from our first DE cycle fertilize (I can't remember how many eggs we got - we were in the 1:2 program - but it was a lot like 18). So then we used DS for our second DE cycle in the 6-cycle guarantee program, and that was our successful cycle.

    I know how hard it is when you have problems on both sides. I think it's great that you're looking into all your options, and I wish you all the best.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    sorrellam30
  • Thanks for sharing, we are very open to these options as long as our finances hold out!

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • Oh, I hear you. The costs of DE are especially intimidating. We were in the Shared Help program at SG where we got a discount based on our income being below a certain threshold. We probably would have also considered donated embryos or a program like California Conceptions if we had known how severe our sperm issue was before pursuing DE. But the option of using your DH's sperm for the first DE cycle is a good one (knowing you can move on to DS if you need to).
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you mind me asking how much you paid w the discount? We initially got a discount on this shared risk because I was in school and not working, now I'm only working part time so I'm hoping we would qualify again and that DH doesn't make too much...

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • You can pm me if you want!

     


    imageimageimageimage

     
     

    *******siggy/ticker warning***** 

     Me(31). DH (31)

    DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

    IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

    FET 10/4/13 Chemical

    IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

    IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

    All Welcome

    BabyFruit Ticker

  • I was away for a few day so I need to tell you I'm so sorry. Sending you many hugs. I understand the need to push forward and do it as soon as possible. Many hugs.
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    sorrellam30
  • JM1977JM1977
    Long-Lasting Membership 2500 Comments 100 Love Its Photogenic
    member
    edited March 2014
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid w the discount? We initially got a discount on this shared risk because I was in school and not working, now I'm only working part time so I'm hoping we would qualify again and that DH doesn't make too much...
    I think we qualified for the largest discount because it goes over the past 2 years, and we had both been students/interns at some point during that time, so our income was quite low (you have to submit your tax returns to verify). The discount varied depending on what types of options you chose. I think we would have gotten 40% off of a single cycle or 20% off the shared risk option where we paid less upfront but a fee per cycle (that's the one we chose to do). I don't think the discount applied to the all-inclusive shared risk program. In addition the biggest discount that we got, I think there was another category where the income requirements were not as low but you only got 20%/10% off.

     If you PM me, I'll send you the info I have (although it's somewhat outdated now).

    ETA: Sorry I just reread your post, and it sounds like you're already familiar with the program. Specifically for DE, I think we paid around $18,000 for the shared risk part and then around $4,000 per cycle after the discount.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards