April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Twirple said:

@Eija3014 Britax are great carseats.  Hmm, wonder if you could get an infant seat and a convertible?

Or one for each car?
    That's the plan if we do get two of the same infant seat... But I'm really not sure what they'll have to say about us not having twins. It wasn't required to enter the giveaway (obviously) but I'm not sure if they have a back up plan for singleton parents.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sisimama10Sisimama10 member
    edited March 2014
    Repeat.
  • SO and I finally decided the two of us can not comfortably fit on the couch. And seeing as when he comes to my house, his sleep schedule is really screwy (he works nights) we do a lot of napping together. Solution? We brought a twin mattress down to the living room so I'm not flipping around waking him up constantly. What actually ended up happening: SO sleeping on the couch, the dogs and I on the mattress on the floor. How did this happen??
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • So I'm walking the dogs and out of nowhere I gotta poop. I went up the stairs to my apartment quickly, thinking "holy shit, I'm literally going to shit my pant!". I go to the restroom and then...nothing. Absolutely nothing! Sat on my toilet and nothing happened.
    Dios mio!

Soory TMI?

Weird that you said this. I have had that same crampy I'm going to have diarrhea feeling for three days, but nothing. So weird.
    It is!
    Maybe it comes with the baby growing. Who knows.

• AshleypixieAshleypixie member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know but all those little curly haired bastards look way too damn young and girly for me. And I'm assuming all those women in parenting are older than I am, because it takes years of experience in bitchiness to become that good at being bitchy. GOD!!! I'm becoming just as bad! Ashley, stop it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• So I'm walking the dogs and out of nowhere I gotta poop. I went up the stairs to my apartment quickly, thinking "holy shit, I'm literally going to shit my pant!". I go to the restroom and then...nothing. Absolutely nothing! Sat on my toilet and nothing happened.
    Dios mio!

Soory TMI?

Are you sure you're not having contractions? That's how mine start. I feel like I'm about to blow ass but I couldn't if I tried. Then....contractions.

Idk. Never had contractions before. Maybe it was. Oh dear, I'm a little freaked out now :-SS
  • Don't worry, they aren't always labor contractions. They might not even be contractions at all but that's how mine feel like and since I'm having them right now it's all I can even think about. I could be totally wrong. I need to ice my ute.

True that, they are probably different for everyone.
    So sorry you get them all them time, that's not fun.

• Someone asked me tonight when I was due and after I said mid April they asked if I was sure it wasn't twins :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @deidremaria‌ lol! It wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't point it out All. The. Time!
    The other day I said "god this just isn't even cute anymore it's massive" he said "yea" augh!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Mamamonzo said:

@deidremaria‌ lol! It wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't point it out All. The. Time!
    The other day I said "god this just isn't even cute anymore it's massive" he said "yea" augh!!!!

Men are clueless.
  • Our dog can be such a shithead.  I made sure the door to the garbage can was closed tight before we left the house and that the bedroom doors were closed (so he couldn't get into bathroom garbage).  The dog instead found my lunch bag on the bench in the mud room at proceeded to unzip the bag, chew the lid off a pyrex container to lick the remnants of my lunch.  He also tore apart the baggies and left everything all over the living room floor.  I just don't have the patience for that bs. Who le's their dogs have basically free reign over the house when you are gone?  If it were up to me, he would be gated in the mudroom where his kennel and dog dish are.  I told DH that the dog is this close to that reality.  Especially when the baby is here, I do not have the desire to dog proof the house every time I leave.  Ugh, just frustrated right now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • So question for you all. DH and I installed the bases in our cars tonight. But just left the seat in the house. DH wanted me to leave it in my car but I don't think so. We'll have plenty of time to click it in once I go into labor right? Now it would just take up space...
  • Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of the "you finally look a little pregnant" comments from friends. People are annoyed that they can't feel the baby kick. I feel like I've let people down with my pregnancy!
  • nikki912nikki912 member
    edited March 2014

So question for you all. DH and I installed the bases in our cars tonight. But just left the seat in the house. DH wanted me to leave it in my car but I don't think so. We'll have plenty of time to click it in once I go into labor right? Now it would just take up space...

The only thing is if you need to head there straight from another location before going home. Unlikely scenario though. We just grabbed it on the way out but I can see how that would be nerve wracking to some.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• nikki912nikki912 member
    edited March 2014

Tonight, DD asked DH why he was so sad. He told her about his friend passing away. She said "Sorry, daddy. Cheer up. I love you." and he cried. I had to excuse myself from the room for an ugly cry.

Aw I'm so sorry your family is goin through this. (((Hugs)))

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• I have a cut up pumpkin in the freezer. I think I'm gonna make pumpkin tomorrow. I named condenced milk though!!!
  • I have a cut up pumpkin in the freezer. I think I'm gonna make pumpkin tomorrow. I named condenced milk though!!!

QTA pumpkin pie
  • LoriMc12 said:
    Our dog can be such a shithead.  I made sure the door to the garbage can was closed tight before we left the house and that the bedroom doors were closed (so he couldn't get into bathroom garbage).  The dog instead found my lunch bag on the bench in the mud room at proceeded to unzip the bag, chew the lid off a pyrex container to lick the remnants of my lunch.  He also tore apart the baggies and left everything all over the living room floor.  I just don't have the patience for that bs. Who le's their dogs have basically free reign over the house when you are gone?  If it were up to me, he would be gated in the mudroom where his kennel and dog dish are.  I told DH that the dog is this close to that reality.  Especially when the baby is here, I do not have the desire to dog proof the house every time I leave.  Ugh, just frustrated right now.
    I'm in the same situation with my dogs. They stay in the kitchen. It's such a process to leave anywhere because I have to take the trash out, put the fruit bowl on top of the fridge, and make sure the door to the laundry room is shut tight so they can't eat out of the litter box. I have no clue how people let their dogs just hang out anywhere while they aren't home! Aren't all dogs stupid jerks?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LoriMc12 said:

Our dog can be such a shithead.  I made sure the door to the garbage can was closed tight before we left the house and that the bedroom doors were closed (so he couldn't get into bathroom garbage).  The dog instead found my lunch bag on the bench in the mud room at proceeded to unzip the bag, chew the lid off a pyrex container to lick the remnants of my lunch.  He also tore apart the baggies and left everything all over the living room floor.  I just don't have the patience for that bs. Who le's their dogs have basically free reign over the house when you are gone?  If it were up to me, he would be gated in the mudroom where his kennel and dog dish are.  I told DH that the dog is this close to that reality.  Especially when the baby is here, I do not have the desire to dog proof the house every time I leave.  Ugh, just frustrated right now.

Ours has free reign. We used to crate him as a pup, then slowly gave him access to more and more rooms over time. Ie, his crate would be open in the sunroom, but the sunroom was blocked off from the rest of the house. Then the kitchen, then the main floor, and eventually the whole house.

I think it just depends on your dog, but also be mindful of what's left in their reach! I learned quickly to put tempting things away...candy on the coffee table, dishes off tables, etc. He's 3 now and we trust him completely, he's great.

If it helps, while we were giving him more free reign we set up our home laptop that has a built-in webcam facing the most open area of our house. I downloaded an app called JumiCam and I could see what he was up to from my cellphone while I was at work! If I caught him on the couch, I could press a button and talk to him through my computer and tell him to get off. The look on his face was priceless. Good luck!

That's awesome about the camera! It's just that adding the baby brings a whole new level of keeping things out of dog reach every time we leave the house. I just don't know.

MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • I had 2 80lb mutts growing up and we never crated either of them and never had any problems. We did have to lock the garbage in the pantry because no matter what we tried they would never resist knocking it over and tearing it apart if it was left open. I miss those 2 goofy mutts :-(

• I don't want to crate the dog, just gate him in the mud room. He spends a majority of his day either sleeping in his crate (door open) in the mud room or on his pillow anyhow. That is, after he has taken advantage of our mistakes regarding any access at all to anything off limits to him.
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • I am paying for the great night of sleep that I got last night. It is 11:30 here and I am wide awake. Normally it would be almost time for mt first bathroom break. The thing that sucks is that physically I am tired so I don't feel like doing anything so I am just going to lay here forever. I have too much on my mind tonight.
    Its 4:30 am here. I'm right there with ya!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"