May 2012 Moms

Random getting to know you question

Today is my 32nd birthday and I got a lot of people asking if I feel old now lol. My response has been how can I feel old when I finger paint and watch cartoons every day?! Birthdays have never bothered me.

My question for you is how old are you and do you feel "old"? If not, what age do you think will make you feel old? Do birthdays bother you?

Re: Random getting to know you question

• Well, if I didn't feel old before, I do now! LOL. I'll be 40 later this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel freaking great!  I'm almost 32 (May) and feel awesome.  I'm running a 5k today and in the best shape of my life!
    that being said... when I have students who tell me they were born in 2002 i'm like pfffttttt.  LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 37 and I do feel old in that I sometimes have aches and pains, but I still feel young in the fact that I like to go to theme parks and watch cartoons and enjoy watching sesame st with lo :-)
    Happy birthday!
  • I turned 32 this past october and it made me feel old! Some how it's not like I'm still just 30 I'm well into my 30's! Plus the idea that ds turns 10 this year also makes me feel old!! But knowing that I won't even be 50 when all my kids are done with high school helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I'm 30 and I don't feel old yet, but I don't feel very young either. I expect 45 or 50 to feel old. Or maybe when DD is a teenager!

I love birthdays! Even when it's a small celebration.
  • I turn 41 on the 27th. I don't feel old but I don't feel as "with it" as I could. Been hitting the gym more and got back on track with healthy eating so I'm feeling better now. My 30s were awesome and my 40s aren't too shabby either.  To me, it's just a trip around the Sun anyway. Just enjoying each age I hit bc I'm only that age for one year, might as well enjoy it

• I just turned 32. I only feel old compared to my friends from college. None of them have kids or a serious relationship. They are all still in party mode. 
  • I am 28, will be 29 in October. I don't feel "old" and birthdays don't bother me.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • selockar said:

I just turned 32. I only feel old compared to my friends from college. None of them have kids or a serious relationship. They are all still in party mode. 

I was thinking about this recently I can't imagine being 32 like I am and still thinking it's appropriate to go to the bars all the time! Really I think our generation of the purpetually child as researchers are calling it is just sad! What ever happened to the American dream?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I`m only 26 so I don`t feel old. Certain situations make me feel old. Like just last month I saw the twins I used to babysit when they were infants. They are now in high school and are far older than my brain thinks they should be. Or like when I stop and think about the fact that the year 2000 was a whole 14 years ago.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• ebl2ebl2 member
    I just turned 27 last week. I don't feel old at all. In fact, I still get a little nervous when I order an alcoholic beverage like they're going to catch me and throw me out for being under age. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• I am 36 and I feel more old now than usual. I think it is being at the end of my pregnancy with a toddler. And now I am on the downhill side of the 30's.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I turned 30 in January. I have always heard that your 30's and 40's are the best years of your life so I'm choosing to be excited instead of sad my 20's are over. I was very unsure of my life in my 20's I feel like I'm hitting my stride now. 
  • bellelamb said:
    I just turned 32. I only feel old compared to my friends from college. None of them have kids or a serious relationship. They are all still in party mode. 
    I was thinking about this recently I can't imagine being 32 like I am and still thinking it's appropriate to go to the bars all the time! Really I think our generation of the purpetually child as researchers are calling it is just sad! What ever happened to the American dream?
    I have found that it is crazy how much this can fluctuate  between regions. My friend's that live in cities are starting families much later than my friends that stayed in our small town. At 28 I was one of the last people to start my family. Most of my friends that live here are on their second or third child. However, my friends that live in the city are all just starting to think about getting engaged and a family is still a few years off.  
  • I'm also 32 and I felt old when I turned 30. It was more psychological than anything though. I felt physically old after I had DD since I had major back issues, but since I've started seeing a chiropractor I feel good again!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• I will be 32 in June and sometimes I do feel old. As an example, when it's 8pm and I'm ready for bed. Birthdays however do not bother me, I really enjoy them. There's nothing you can do about aging, so ya might as well enjoy it!  :O)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"