Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Still no period

My dd is 12 months old and I still breastfeed 3 times a day. I know that breastfeeding can cause you to not have one but most women I know started when they slowed down Feeding. Is this normal that I have not started yet? I am going to make an appointment with my doctor but I just wanted to see if anyone experienced the same thing.

Re: Still no period

• Options
    My dd just turned one on thursday and has been nursing 4 times a day for a few months now and I still haven't gotten my period. Im really not complaining since we are planning on waiting on ttc for a couple more months. Im pretty sure its not uncommon if you are still nursing even though you are doing it less often. 
    ;imageimage
  • Options
    My dd is 15 months and I completely stopped breastfeeding at 13 months, I still haven't started my period yet. I called my Dr. a couple weeks ago and they did say it was normal but wanted me to call back at the end of this month if I still haven't got it. I am calling tomorrow....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never got my period between my pregnancies with DD and DS.  I got pregnant when DD was 10 or 11 months old and I was still doing 3- 4 feedings per day.  

After DS was born I think I got my first period when he was like 11 months or so then not another for like 2 months.  I weaned him at 14 months.  I think it's normal but you can check with your Dr. 
  • Options
    I didn't get my period until I stopped breastfeeding all together.  DD was 14 months old. 3 days after weaning completely, I got it
    But, I think it's normal for it to take a while even after you stop breastfeeding
  • Options
    When I went down to 2x a day it came back so around 13 months pp.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like a few PPs, I got  my period at 14m after we went from 3x->2x/day nursing.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    With my first I didn't have one until 15.5 months postpartum, it's when I dropped from 3 nursing sessions down to 2.  With DS he is just about to turn 14 months and still nothing ::knocks on wood::
  • Options
    I got my period back after I weaned LO. I weaned him at 15 months and got my period less than 2 weeks after I weaned.
  • Options
    I haven't been nursing since 6 mo and I haven't gotten mine back yet and I'm on the mini-pill. I also have PCOS and was never regular anyway.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    My dd just turned one on thursday and has been nursing 4 times a day for a few months now and I still haven't gotten my period. Im really not complaining since we are planning on waiting on ttc for a couple more months. Im pretty sure its not uncommon if you are still nursing even though you are doing it less often. 
    You do know that breastfeeding is not actually an effective way to prevent pregnancy, right?  Just because you haven't had you period yet doesn't mean you won't catch your first ovulation PP (which would happen before you ever saw a period).
  • Options
    You do know that breastfeeding is not actually an effective way to prevent pregnancy, right?  Just because you haven't had you period yet doesn't mean you won't catch your first ovulation PP (which would happen before you ever saw a period).
    I interpreted it to mean that she would want to start her period before TTC so that she can track her cycles. Good point, though. I'm 13 months PP and still no period. We are still nursing several times a day when we are together, but I just dropped my last work pumping session. I wouldn't be surprised if I start my period soon, but I definitely won't complain if I don't!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I didn't get mine until I went down to 1-2 times a day. At 3 times a day there was no sign, but within a week of dropping down a little more it started.
  • Options
    Mine didn't come until DS was 15.5 months, and even with that, I'm currently on my 45th day of this cycle. In other words, I have only had one pp period and DS is 17 months.

I quit pumping at work about 2 months before my period came, so I was only nursing morning and night (and throughout the night).

Everyone is different.  Some people have to completely wean.  But give it more time. 

• Options

Im an exclusive pumper and my DD is 13 months old. I just got mine a week ago when I cut back to pumping 2 times a day. My Dr had said as long as I was pumping I would not get a period. So I didn’t expect one until I completely stopped. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Married 1~6~2007
    Baby Girl born 1~27~13 after 4 1/2 years of infertility issues

BFP #2 12/28/14

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I interpreted it to mean that she would want to start her period before TTC so that she can track her cycles. Good point, though. I'm 13 months PP and still no period. We are still nursing several times a day when we are together, but I just dropped my last work pumping session. I wouldn't be surprised if I start my period soon, but I definitely won't complain if I don't!
    That's the way I read it as well.

BFing is actually an effective form of birth control if you follow all the rules of LAM and your baby is less than 6 months old.  Now OP has a baby who is older, so for her it would not be considered an effective form of birth control.  
  • Options
    Mine came back (very light) the week DD turned 14 months. I had stopped pumping at 11 months and cut back to only before bed by 12 months. She was totally weaned before she was 13 months. She just turned 20 months and things are still not regular.
    "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
  • Options
    I bf my dd until she was 17 months.  I got my period back when she was only 3 months old!!!  Obviously at 3 months, she was still nursing A LOT.  In fact, she wasn't interested in solids until 10 months.  I'd always try to eat and drink a little more around when it was coming b/c sometimes your supply can drop when it's getting close.  My doctor was surprised and felt bad b/c typically you don't get it back.  Thankfully, it's at least been consistent each month, which makes it easier and has helped me feel better since we are starting to think about trying for another during the summer.
  • Options
    Mine did not come back until 3-4 weeks after I stopped pumping completely.  I had cut back on pumping quite a bit by the time I stopped (down to about 10 minutes the last day).  I was an EPer for most of the first year, aside from MOTN and the occasional weekend meal.  I was shocked (and thrilled) that it stayed away for so long.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"