High-Risk Pregnancy

Progesterone shots and pending birth

I am 36 wks and 3 days today.  My first DD was born 7 weeks early so I had progesterone injections for 20 weeks and just had my last injection 2 days ago.  I was wondering if any other moms out there had these injections and when your babies were born.  I only know 2 people who have had these shots and was wondering if other moms made it to 40 weeks or if they delivered earlier?  Feeling as though I am ready and waiting now!

Re: Progesterone shots and pending birth

• I don't know (I'm taking the shots right now), but congratulations on making it so far!
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations on making it so far. I'm following to see what others say. I'm 23 weeks and have been getting shots the past few weeks and will get them until I'm 36 weeks.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck to both of you ladies!  I am glad to be done with the injections as I compare them to a mild bee sting :/.  I feel they did work though as I have made it much further along with this pregnancy.  My water ruptured spontaneously at 33 weeks with my first and was born less than 24 hours later.  I just don't know very many women who have had them or the results of taking them.
  • I delivered at 39wks after stopping the shots at 36 wks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm on them now, I know 3 previous preemie moms who were on them for subsequent pregnancys, 3 had their babies at 37 and a few weeks and the 3rd at 39. I think it depends just like with any pregnant mom. I know I'm super anxious about it, it's hard spending months feeling like your baby could come at anytime just to play the waiting game like everyone else once you're term. Keep us posted!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Hello I have a 14 almost 15 year old , a 12 year old and I have one on the way . I have had preterm labor in every pregnancy .. I had the shots in my pregnancy with my 14 year old . I carried her full term and needed induced . I will say the have GREATLY improved the shots over the years . I did not have the shots with my second child . She was born 5 weeks premature but was healthy . I am now receiving the shots again weekly and I am also recieving  biweekly ultrasounds and so far no thinning or dialating . I have had some mild preterm labor symptoms but the shot is keeping them in check . My doctor feels I am likley to carry to term this time
  • I wanted to let everyone know that I delivered my LO at 37 wks 5 days after being induced.  Babies heart rate was dropping during my contractions during an NST thus my Dr recommended induction since I was considered term.
  • JoeysLadyJoeysLady member
    edited March 2014
    I delivered at 36w6d after stopping the injections at 36w1d.

ETA:  I did go into PTL at 31w even while taking the injections.  I received both steroid injections and was hospitalized overnight.  I greatly restricted my activity until my water broke.
  • Congratulations OP for making it to 36 weeks!

I delivered at 37w5d after stopping the shots at 35w2d. My first son was born at 32w3d. The shots are amazing for us ladies with pre term issues. Good luck!
  • Congratulations OP for making it to 36 weeks!

I delivered at 37w5d after stopping the shots at 35w2d. My first son was born at 32w3d. The shots are amazing for us ladies with pre term issues. Good luck!
  • My 1st dd born 34 weeks dd2 on shots delivered at 38 with ptl at 34 weeks. Now ds ptl started 33.6 and hanging in there:)
    GL
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"