Adoption
Options

NBR: What do you think about the Duggars?

That Duggars family is causing quite the commotion on these boards.  So what do you think about that woman having 18 kids!  Personally I think she's nuts and I desperately want a baby.  My sister says she's just showing off.  So what do you think?

Re: NBR: What do you think about the Duggars?

• Options

I have zero interest in that family, and I am amazed that she ever lets her husband near her again after having that many kids!  I want to know why your sister thinks she is showing off...  just because she can have that many kids? 

I don't think they are interesting enough to have a TV show, but then again I'm not much interested in any of the families that get shows like this.  I will say that I am impressed that they support themselves just fine with all those kids. 

• Options

Honestly...I think they are super creepy...I think the interest is that it is like a wreck you have to look. Big Smile

It scares me for the kids because I don't think they see the real world because they live in a bubble. What happens if they leave the "cult" LOL they live in. I saw the other night where the little one was dancing to a toy in a store and they started to ask about it. The Dad made the comment of you have to limit the music in the house. It's just something I don't get.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I'd like to check back in 10 years when some of the older ones are on their own in the real world & see how they function.  Watching the oldest son's proposal was super creepy to me.  However, like someone already stated, I am impressed that they have zero debt with that many kids.
  • Options
       They seem to really be trying to do what they feel God is leading them to do and I think that is awsome. I personally am very impressed with how the oldest one turned out. At 20 he is able to support a family,really respects his parents and their advice, and waited until he was married to have sex. That means his parents must have done something right. How many 20 year olds who have grown up in the "real world" can you say that about?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never watched the show and have just read about them. ?Financially, I'm impressed that they are committed to a debt free life and make choices that aren't popular, but support that. ?But I do think it is shameful to populate the earth with such a large family and the drain they have on our natural resources. ?That doesn't seem v Christian thing to me. ?That is basically the same reason I can't stand Brangelina, even though they didn't give birth to all of them. ?They are flying them all over the world to live in their multiple homes and acting like they are such humanitarians. ?
  • Options
    I agree nancyandnate!  Its all just a little obnoxious.
  • Options

I honestly don't care.

They belong to a religious sect that welcomes any child as a gift from God. If that means they have 0 kids or 20, they just roll with it.

I certainly don't think they're showing off. If they can make it work, more power to them.

• Options

I say, "leave them alone".  I don't understand it so I will try not to pass judgement.  I do think they seemed more legitimate, however, prior to selling out to reality TV. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Bug the crap out of me. I've never watched their show, but the idea bothers me. Just b/c you can give birth to 18 kids, doesn't mean you should. I'd have more respect for them if some of their kids were adopted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"