June 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Car Seats

BC&LMBC&LM member
edited March 2014 in June 2013 Moms
We haven't done this one in a while, and I am sure it has changed since we last did it. Who is using convertible, and who is using infant?

S/O Car Seats 131 votes

Infant
51% 67 votes
Convertible
48% 64 votes

Re: S/O Car Seats

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    Still using infant.  We have one with very high weight and height limits, so I see no need for the convertible yet in our case.
  • Options
    We'll figure out this afternoon if LO has hit that 30" mark to necessitate switching.  He's still within weight limits, and his head is well below the shell, so I'm not sure he is that tall yet.  Could be that he has long legs though ...

Anywho - I'm anticipating switching very soon, but with this cold weather it's so much easier to keep him bundled up in the bucket!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched about a month ago. Even though our infant seat has high limits (30lbs or 30 in) and she hasn't met either, because of her long torso I was cramming her in on the last harness level and her head was getting very close to the top of the seat.
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BC&LM said:

Still using infant.  We have one with very high weight and height limits, so I see no need for the convertible yet in our case.

This. Hoping for slightly warmer weather before we switch.

• Options
    We've been using a convertible since right after Christmas. It's a pain because it's been cold but he was just getting to heavy for me to carry in his infant seat.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    SS we have the infant seat in my hubbies truck and the convertible in my explorer for now. He still has a while before outgrowing the infant seat but carrying him in it and changing it between the two vehicles was getting to be to much for me to handle. So we installed the convertible, which is awesome, he sits up high enough to see out the window which now results in non-screaming trips out of the house. I was able to get my sanity back while in my vehicle with him.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Convertible. My sister had a baby (her third and final) thus week, so we passed our infant seat along to her. Otherwise, we may have waited longer.
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Options
    We are waiting for the weather to warm up then we will switch to the convertible.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Convertible. My kid's a beast.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    We switched to convertible because she hated the infant seat and so far it's a hit!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"