March 2014 Moms
Options

Back labor question

I did not experience it with DS and was wondering if those of you who have can tell me what it was like for you? Did you only feel it during contractions? Back pain in between contractions? Pain in your legs? Thanks!!
Married - 5/2008
DS #1 - Born 9/2011
DS #2 - EDD 3/2014

Re: Back labor question

• Options
    The contractions I had felt like they went up my spine then spread around my lower back, down my hips and finally up my belly. My back ached in between each one. By the time they actually hit my belly they were nearing the end but the back part was really painful.
  • Options
    Mine was a radiating heat in my lower back. It intensified as my labor progressed. I didn't have this with DD1.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was like a wave of pure hellish pain that started in my mid/lower back and than went to my lower abdomen. As I progressed through labor it got worse.
  • Options
    It was barable pain in my mid to lower back when I first noticed it. It almost felt like pains when you have to poop, lol. The it turned into crippling back pain that made my hips ache & no matter what I did I couldn't get comfortable. I don't recall any pain in my belly at all.
  • Options
    MA&CBMA&CB member
    It started as just cramps in my back, but as labor really progressed it was intense pain that started in my lower back and radiated down into my butt muscles and thighs.  I had my poor husband kneading and punching my butt until I got my epi.  It was terrible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was unbearable pain that seemed to spread across my lower back then around to my front under belly mostly. I had it radiate down my legs also as labour got worse. I also needed counter pressure to cope and honestly punching my low back was the only thing that seemed to help.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    I'm 36; DS 14; DS 12; DD 9; SD 15; SD 9 and DH 37
    BFP July 10, 2013 and EDD march 18, 2014.
    Left ovarian cyst and right unicornuate uterus (will likely be treated high risk again)

• Options
    Thanks guys! I ended up going in because the contractions got to 2.5-3 mins and the pain in my lower back was crazy. But just like always they weren't doing anything.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Options
    I have heard back pain is common when baby is sunnyside up. Anyone experience truth with that? My baby has been sunnyside up and won't turn so I am expecting back labor.
  • Options
    torilea said:
    I have heard back pain is common when baby is sunnyside up. Anyone experience truth with that? My baby has been sunnyside up and won't turn so I am expecting back labor.
    That's what my OB told me when we first saw her position on ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. She flipped herself after that, though, and I still had awful back labor.
    I had back labor with both of my kids.  It was definitely worse with DS who was sunny side up, but it wasn't great with DD either and she came out face down.  I needed a lot of counter pressure to deal with the contractions.  After DD I had a little bit of bruising on my tailbone because I kept having MH push harder on it.  It was the only thing that helped, so as far as I was concerned it was a decent trade off!
    imageimage 
  • Options
    MA&CBMA&CB member
    Yes, mine was sunny-side up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this! Yesterday morning I started feeling sharp pain from my lid lower back and around to my stomach, down to my hip. It doesn't come at regular intervals yet and the doc said it sounds like my body is starting to get ready. My due date is Monday. My goodness it really hurts though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"