August 2011 Moms

LO dressing themselves?

Does your LO try to dress them self yet?

DD can do her socks and boots. She can sometimes successfully get on her underwear, rarely her pants and nowhere near able to get her shirt on.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO dressing themselves?

• Eh, halfway. Socks and shoes with some help depending on which shoes, pants- she can pull up once they are already on her legs, and her shirt she can do once I get her head in. She does her arms.
  • He's working on it, but he's lazy and just likes me to do it. He can pull his pants up and tries to put his shirt on if we ask him to, but he needs a lot of help.
  • Loading the player...
  • L is pretty good with socks, shows, with the other stuff he tries : ) Also is really good with removing all clothing. Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • He can't be bothered most of the time. :/
    imageimage
  • No.  I don't think I really give her the opportunity as much as I should, I'm usually just trying to get both of them ready to get the hell out of the house as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

She also doesn't seem to want to dress herself.  Whenever I suggest it, she gives it a momentary try, and then ends up getting super frustrated when she's unsuccessful.  So I just dress her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • He is working on learning to take clothes off right now, hasn't attempted putting them on.
  • We are working on it. I help him get the shirt over his head, and then he gets his arms in. Sometimes he can get his feet in his pants, but he needs help pulling them up over his diaper. He definitely can't do socks, but he's getting close to being able to do shoes. He can take his shoes off, but that's about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Depends on the clothes but she is pretty good at dressing herself.

in fact, about 2 weeks ago, we started asking the girls to pick their clothes for the next day before putting them to bed - she doesn't always succeed in getting herself dressed on her own, but at least we get a few extra minutes of sleep while she tries to figure it out before calling us for help :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He CAN dress himself. But, it's too time consuming to let him dress himself daily. I usually get him dressed.

He's super fast at getting undressed. For some reason he and Liam think its super funny to take Jacks clothes off and run around the house yelling "naked nickels!! Ha Ha Ha!" Nickels are nipples, never corrected that one, because its funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"