Parenting

WTF is wrong with people?

My mom was at the hospital today after her doctor's appointment trying to get her walker into the trunk and some asshole stopped and waited for her to get in and pull out and then had the balls to beep at her for not going fast enough for his liking.
There is a special place in hell for you, sir.
My poor mom honestly said to me, "so I tried to hurry up and I ended up tearing the seat of my walker on the trunk." And all I could say was "Mom, the acceptable reply to someone beeping at you for being too slow with your handicap device is to slowly give them the finger and walk very, very slowly to the front of the car."

Honestly WTF.
I understand this is relatively small in proportion to a lot of things, but it's the second time in a week someone's been a total asshole to my disabled mother and I'm so done lately.

Formerly known as KJLx121.

Re: WTF is wrong with people?

• Oh, apparently the person beeping was female.
    Regardless.
    Gender has nothing to do with level of asshole-ishness.

• Loading the player...
  • It's the same with getting a baby in the car. I definitely take my time. That person that beeped at your mom is lucky not to need a walker. The people that beep at me for making sure my DD is safe are lucky they don't run errands with kids. People are a-holes. Sorry your mom had to deal with one.
  • @KlondikeBar RIGHT? She has either the cane, the walker or the wheelchair depending on the situation and normally she'd use the wheelchair at the hospital because I'd be with her but today she had to go by herself and I was livid when I found out. That person is damn lucky I don't know who they are.

• That sucks! People can be so impatient and rude.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • I can't believe someone would do that! So awful!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• You ladies are much smarter and more mature than I am. *not sarcasm*
    I'm gonna tell her about the sitting in the car for forever idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"