May 2012 Moms
Options

Crappy night

ELF4321ELF4321 member
edited March 2014 in May 2012 Moms
DH is out of town on his 4th business trip of the past 8 weeks. DD did ok with the first trip, a bit of separation anxiety with the second, more trouble with the third, and this one has just about sent her into full on panic mode.

She had a complete meltdown after not being able to fall asleep that lasted almost 45 minutes with inconsolable sobbing, wailing and gasping for air. I really thought she'd make herself physically ill. She was totally inconsolable and nothing I tried could help her calm down until finally I pulled her infant soother that used to be in her crib out of the closet and turned it on. After a couple of minutes the lights and music calmed her and we watched it for another half hour rocking until she finally was calm enough to go back to bed. It still took her until after 11 pm to fall asleep. Seriously hard to keep myself together seeing her like that. And of course she still woke up at 6:15 this morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crappy night

• Options
    Oh poor baby and poor momma!! I'm such a softy my kids would be in bed with me while dh was gone
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    @bellelamb, I tried! She wouldn't even calm down when I took her to my room and begged (in between sobs) to go back to her room.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor baby, I'll pray tonight's better for you both!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

Poor thing! She must have missed her daddy pretty badly. Hopefully they can be reunited soon.

When DH has to work late and will not be able to see her before bedtime we usually try to FaceTime each other. It works well if we do it early enough, before the bedtime crankies kick in. If she's already tired and ready for bed then the call usually backfires. That might be worth a try.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Poor thing!  I guess at this stage they're not sure you're coming back when you leave?  Hopefully things will get better with each trip!
  • Options
    I feel you. DH is away on course again. He'll be going up North soon and be there for 6 weeks, so he'll be gone longer than we expected. DD has been so clingy. She'll cry and come running for me if I walk in the other room and she didn't see me go and turns around to find me gone. So hard when you feel like you can't help them. Hang in there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"