TTC after 35

Welcome & Intro Message From the TTC After 35 Board

PrivateOnePrivateOne member
edited March 2014 in TTC after 35

Welcome to TTC after 35, the open and supportive forum for all trying to conceive (TTC) after the age of 35. You will find this board to be a very diverse group of individuals at varying stages of trying to conceive. We all know that TTC at this age could prove to be difficult no matter what your situation is. Thus, we are all here to give and receive support during our journey.

As you make your way onto this board, you will find those who have children and are trying to expand their family as well as those who are trying to conceive their first. We accept all relationship types here, so you’ll see married, partnered, engaged, and single individuals. A number of you are just beginning TTC and may also be considering seeking medical advice/testing, while others have sought treatment now for a long period of time. Consequently, you'll discover those who are trying to conceive naturally, some with IUI, some with IVF and some with donors. As you can see, we are just one big trying to conceive melting pot!

No matter what journey you are on, we always strive to be supportive, respectful, and compassionate while connecting with one another. We are never intentionally rude, snarky, or immature with our fellow bumpies.

Here are a few etiquette pointers we'd like to share

Drive By BFP's - Let's face it nobody likes a drive by. If you've never (or even only a few times) posted on our board, we politely ask that you do not come here to simply post your success story in getting a BFP.  Those announcements are happily reserved for our board members who we've supported and cheered on since they made their introduction on this board. If you’d like to join a board we would suggest making your introduction on the board Pregnant after 35.

New and Never Posted on TTC After 35?  If you are new to our board please introduce yourself so we can get to know you and support you in your journey. In your initial posting, we'd appreciate it if you could give a warning in your subject line if you will be mentioning another child(ren) or a loss(es) in your post. These are sensitive topics for some of us who are struggling, and a little warning goes a long way. Please be sure to post your intro message on your own new discussion and not at the bottom of this post. To do so, simply click the "new discussion" button located at the top next to this post's title.

For Members With Children - You should never feel like you have to hide them for fear of upsetting someone else on the board. Just be sensitive to everyone, including those struggling to conceive their first.

Member Postings about a BFP and/or Loss– These types of posts should generally come with a warning. If you forget, it is not the end of the world and we’ll roll with it. However, you may receive a gentle reminder to do so from someone that posts in your discussion thread.

Member Weekly Check-Ins

We have two weekly check-ins on this board. On Wednesday there is a general board check-in and on Thursday there is a special check-in for those over 40. We encourage everyone to participate in the check-ins as it is a great way for us all to stay connected in one post. Note: If you are new, please do an intro post before posting in a weekly check-in.

Acronyms

Everyone soon realizes that we speak in our own language, using acronyms. This can be confusing; however, here are a few common ones for those new to the board...

2WW - Two Week Wait
AF - Aunt Flo (menstruation)
AMA - Advanced Maternal Age
BD - Big Deed (baby making sex), also Baby Dance
BCPS - Birth Control Pills
BETA - another term for HCG, blood pregnancy testing
BF or BF’ing - Breastfeeding
BFN - Big Fat Negative (pregnancy test result)
BFP - Big Fat Positive (pregnancy test result)
CD - Cycle Day
CM - Cervical Mucus
D&C - Dilation and Curettage
DD - Dear/Darling Daughter
DE - Donor Eggs or Donor Embryos
DH - Dear/Darling Husband
DOR – Diminished Ovarian Reserve
DPO - Days Past Ovulation
DS - Dear/Darling Son
EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus
HCG - Hormone Detected by Pregnancy Tests. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin.
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
IRL - In Real Life
IUI - Intra-Uterine Insemination
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer
FMU - First Morning Urine
FRER - First Response Early Response
FX - Fingers Crossed
GL - Good Luck
IF - Infertility
LMP - Last Menstrual Period
LO - Little One
MC - Miscarriage
NTNP - Not Trying, Not Preventing
O - Ovulation
OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
PG - Pregnant, or pregnancy
POAS - Pee on a Stick (taking a home pregnancy test)
PP - Previous Poster
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
RPL - Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
T&Ps - Thoughts and Prayers
TTC - Trying To Conceive
US or U/S - Ultrasound

For a comprehensive list of acronyms, please visit the Resolve website glossary.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Welcome & Intro Message From the TTC After 35 Board

• @PrivateOne you are awesome. That is absolutely perfect!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• It's perfect! Great job and thank you so much for taking this on.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Loading the player...
  • Love it!

And, @JimBobCooter, Love that GIF!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• I think it's perfect and just what the board needed:)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • @JimBobCooter: Love it! Love Barney!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• awesome!!!  I think you did a fantastic job!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Ignore me if I'm butting in as only an occasional poster at this point, but I think the 2nd paragraph needs a first sentence about diversity of background and inclusiveness before launching into the examples of the diverse perspectives. The paragraph also seems a bit heavy on trouble TTC and might turn off a newbie who is hoping/assuming she'll have no problems but is nervous about it.

The etiquette rules are wonderful! I love how you've emphasized that women TTC #2 or more are very welcome.

Love the acronym section too. I'm terrible with them and just last night I was puzzling over FML and had to ask DH. Somehow I doubt he'd be of much help with NTNP :-)
  • Great job, and I actually learned a new acronym :D ! Thank yuo so much for you hard work and dedication to doing this for all of us!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I think it sounds great. Thank you. :-)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• ksgsmu - I can't get @BumpJackie to post our new sticky message. I've PM'd her a couple of times, but no response.

Any Advice?

IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.

image   image

image  image

• The paragraph about perspective is perfect... Let's be realist.... the majority of women over 35 and certainly 40 will be more likely to have issues TTC. That doesn't mean that they will need treatments etc... but it we do not have the eggs or time of the 22 year olds over on TTC.  It is just more complicated no matter you are TTC#1 or #5... being AMA is not a cake walk for most women.  I think it is actually wrong and a disservice to make them think it is a cake walk!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• PrivateOne I will try her as well... you did a great job!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Thanks @ksgsmu and all others who were so kind with their compliments!!! 

FYI, I did revise the 2nd paragraph very slightly to smooth it out just a bit.  I forwarded that revised copy to bumpjackie, so she should have everything she needs to post.

image   image

image  image

• =D> =D> job well done
  • sounds good!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• nola219nola219 member
    edited April 2014

eta: d/t newbie ignorance (mine)

May your hands always be busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift

May your heart always be joyful
    May your song always be sung
    And may you stay forever young  " 

Me 35, DH 37

DX with PCOS in early 20's. IF d/t PCOS, anovulation, endometriosis, Dermoid cyst in/on Left ovary

TTC for 3 years. (2/2011), Last 16 months (2/2013) with chemical ART; Lap HSG with D&C 11/2012, Repeat HSG 2/2013 

Clomid, Follisim, HCG Triggers, Progesterone, Metformin

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

3/28/14 BFP!!!!!!!, EDD 12/6/14, Nonviable pregnancy 4/9/14, 5w4d; CP natural mc at 7w6d

4/25/14 Bye bye little one

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath - Personal picture

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • babycakestxbabycakestx member
    edited April 2014
    Me 37, DH 40 TTC since 2012
    IUI  Clomid... BFN, 12/12
    Just starting my IVF journey. Grateful for this group!!!
    Me 37 DH 40 
    TTC since 2008, Unexplained IF 
    IUI #1 clomid + trigger, BFN 12/12 
    IVF #1 getting ready for June cycle --  dhea, royal jelly, l arginine & acupuncture

• edited May 2014
    Hello!

Just a quick introduction :)

Me: 35, DH 31 TTC since 11/13
    First time TTC.
    Was just going to "let it happen", then 3 months went by and I said, well, lets try the "scientific" way. So I've been charting since February.  Learning a lot about my body (some a little gross).  Now I know what that pain is (ovulation) ... seriously thought something was wrong with me as I've never had it before (started only 2 years ago) - weird.

My midwife said to come back after 6 months of TTC, so...crossing fingers for this month.

Good luck everyone!
    Me: 35, DH: 33
    TTC for first baby since 11/13
    Charting BBT
  • ciara_test.  All the best to you on your journey!

If you are new and you'd like to post an intro to this board please do so by clicking the "new discussion" button at the top right of this post rather than positing it here.  This should remain just an informational post about the TTC After 35 board if possible.

image   image

image  image

• Where was this list of acronyms when I needed it? LOL!!  Thank you for taking the time to post this.
  • I just realized that I never introduced myself.

Me:  37
    Husband: 39

TTC #2 after a miscarriage 4/13
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Me:  37   DH:  39   DS:  4
    TTC #2 - Experienced Miscarraige on 3/5/13, DnC on 3/11/13

• kris-dan said:
    I just realized that I never introduced myself.

Me:  37
    Husband: 39

TTC #2 after a miscarriage 4/13
    I know you've been here a while, but welcome!  You might want to introduce yourself in a new post, though--I'm not sure people will see it up here. :)
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Hi all,  I hope I posted in the right spot!   I'm new to this board.  In fact, I'm new to the Bump.   I never went beyond The Knot, because I had sort of given up hope.   At my last gyno appt, my doctor mentioned the "baby" topic again and I was really moved this time.  She gave me prenatal vitamins and a prescription for Clomid (I have PCOS)... so my husband and I are sitting down tonight and talking about things etc..  I'm so nervous and excited all at the same time.   I know Clomid may or may not work but I'm willing to try it as a FIRST resort.   I'm 38... my husband is 45.    I was a little apprehensive because of our ages but I think a lot of folks have children later in life now. What with careers etc... 
  • I agree with the love of the acronyms chart!   I'm printing it out and memorizing it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"