Adoption
Options

Weekly Check-in ~ March 3rd ~

How is it March already?! I thought I was just getting over it being Christmas and New Year's... crazy how fast this year is going already!!

Here we go!

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - Have you made any purchases for your LO yet?  What has been your favorite purchase/what are you looking forward to most purchasing?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year?  Any big plans? 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
February 2014: "Officially Waiting"

Re: Weekly Check-in ~ March 3rd ~

• Options

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

DIA

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

Ready to book a second interview and get the next paperwork packet - sigh!

3.) AR-QOTW - Have you made any purchases for your LO yet?  What has been your favorite purchase/what are you looking forward to most purchasing?

We might be buying a crib tonight! It's a bit of a struggle deciding what to buy now and what to hold off. Any advice?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year?  Any big plans? 

This will be our 5th anniversary! That's a pretty decent number to celebrate, I suppose!

• Options

second DIA 

Waiting, went active 2 1/2 months ago...no news, but profile getting decent exposure.

Since we have a lot from our first child, we are waiting on new purchases for our second child.  The new nursery has a new dresser, new blinds, toy bin, and a book sling on the way...Looking forward to personalizing the nursery for our child!

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year?  Any big plans?

9th, nothing planned yet, would like to do something big next year!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) DIA adoptive mama
    2) post-placement supervision. We are meeting Bruce's BM tomorrow, I'm kind of nervous!
    3) we have purchased a lot and been gifted even more. I'm pretty excited because we ordered his convertible car seat today.
    4) we will be celebrating 8 years in May. Holy crap that's crazy. We will have been together for 14 years in May, too!
  • Options
    Fost Adopt

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs?

Waiting to hear from SW hopefully this week with a time to set up our individual interview soon!

3.) AR-QOTW - Have you made any purchases for your LO yet? What has been your favorite purchase/what are you looking forward to most purchasing?

So we have made a few big purchases... The pool fence we are having installed on St. patties day is a must and most expensive purchase. But we did get a crib and I recently did a little target run and got some kids silverware and plates and a nonslip mat for the bathtub.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year? Any big plans?

April will be 15 years and I plan on surprising him and going up to Big Sur and renting a little cabin for a few nights!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options

IA - China

We're just waiting for a referral at this point, which could take a couple of months. 

Haven't purchased anything yet.  We have two sons and are assuming we will be matched with a boy, so we have most things we'll need.  I'm sure we'll get some special things for our child after we're matched.

We'll be celebrating our sixth anniversary in the fall.  We never plan anything big except it would be awesome if we happen to celebrate our anniversary this year in China. 

Son #1 - September '09
    Son #2 - October '11
    Son #3 - Hoping to adopt from China some time in 2014!

Our adoption journey: Talkin' 'Bout the Next Generation
  • Options

PAP Foster to Adopt

Process is moving along, we have our final home study visit scheduled for the end of the month and our training starts this weekend (but we're missing the first 2 classes as we're on vacation. 

Nothing.  We don't know what age we are adopting and don't want to waste money buying things for a toddler if we adopt a 6 year old.   I am looking forward to shopping with our future children for their room furniture and decorations. 

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be 

celebrating this year?  Any big plans? 

2 years.  I may be at a work conference that week.  Will figure it out when the time gets closer. 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • Options

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  No Legal Risk adoption through state DCF

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!  Still nowhere. Attended open house on February 4th, filled out initial application and waiting for our background checks to be finished and for DCF to call and schedule the initial home visit. 

3.) AR-QOTW - Have you made any purchases for your LO yet?  What has been your favorite purchase/what are you looking forward to most purchasing?   n/a

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year?  Any big plans?   Our 10 year anniversary is in June. We wanted to go visit wine country in CA, but we just can't swing it this year. Instead, we are planning to drive to Boston, which is just a couple hours from home. One of DH's friends has Red Sox season tickets (awesome seats behind home plate) and he's holding the tickets for us for the night we want and we'll make reservations for an earlyish dinner before the game. We're thinking maybe Alma Nove even though it's not right in Boston (Wahlberger's anyone?) :)   The next day I'm thinking I want to head to Vermont and stay at a B&B for the night.

Happily married Mom to 2 beautiful little girls, 2 dogs and 2 cats (all rescues), 2 fish and one 29 year-old firebelly newt.
    ~ Hoping to add to our family by adoption via Connecticut DCF. Application submitted on 2/4/14. First home visit on 6/23/14. Started class 11/17/14.~

• Options

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? PAP in DIA

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent! Finishing up paperwork and waiting for our agency to get less busy so we can start the home visits and group meeting portion of the home study

3.) AR-QOTW - Have you made any purchases for your LO yet?  What has been your favorite purchase/what are you looking forward to most purchasing? We've bought cloth diapers, baby carriers, and the crib and dresser for the nursery. We buy things as they are on sale. 

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year?  Any big plans?  We will be celebrating our 9th anniversary in October.  We usually just go out to eat at a nice, romantic restaurant.  We will probably plan something big next year since it will be 10 years!

image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    1. We are doing a DIA or No legal risk foster to adopt.

2. We just finished our second foster/adoption class that we are required to take because we are adopting through our local DSS. We are very optimistic but one of our teachers who is a foster/adoptive parent is very negative and quite honestly just a pessimist which is making my DH a little discouraged. The other two teachers, one from DSS and one from a local private agency, are more realistic and optimistic and I'm trying to show him that. That's been our only issue. We are one of 3 couples in the class who are not with a private adoption agency or going through training to do kinship fostering and one of two couples who are adopting. Our CW who is an adoption CW has been very optimistic about placement for us. We are just so anxious to get the show on the road. We want to jump right in.

3. We have nursery furniture from my DD which is still in excellent condition and up to standard. I've purchased cloth diapers because well I'm a cloth diaper addict, haha. We are holding off on other things for now even though the urge is hard to suppress.

4. We will be celebrating our 3 year commitment anniversary In June. Long story short. We were going to get married in June 3 years ago but because my ex husband was holding court proceedings for assets up, we weren't able to get married until November of last year. Because of this, we decided to commit our lives to each other on our one year anniversary of dating and we'll also be celebrating our one year marriage anniversary in November. We haven't planned anything yet.

So for such a long post but if you got this far, thanks for reading!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    m5858m5858 member
    1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  >>  PAP in DIA
    2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!  >>  My hubby and I are finishing our personal narratives to submit to start the home study process. Once we start the HS, we can also submit our application. These narratives have taken us so epically long.... March marks the third month of us trying complete it. Part of the challenge is that my hubby is gone/busy/asleep 90+ hours a week. I don't want to nag because I know he knows how important this is. On the upside, I'm trying to enjoy this down time I have and work on cleaning/downsizing/making room for a baby.
    3.) AR-QOTW - Have you made any purchases for your LO yet?  What has been your favorite purchase/what are you looking forward to most purchasing?  >>  I definitely started the whole nesting process! I've been buying things as I see them if it's a good deal. I have a private wish list on Amazon that I use to keep track of everything. So far, my favorite purchase has been a PNP since that's where the baby will sleep for the first couple months. It's the one piece so far that makes me feel like I'm doing something concrete for the arrival.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What anniversary with you and your partner be celebrating this year?  Any big plans?  >>  My hubby and I celebrated our third anniversary this past January. We did our big celebration this past weekend by going to see Alton Brown. We're both big nerds and huge foodies so we had a great time.
  • Options
    annaliselannalisel member
    edited March 2014
    1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?    DIA - AP
    2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!The lawyer finally filed the next set of paperwork. Now we're back to waiting again.
    My favorite has been the Kick n play mat, bought used, because LO love, love, loves to kick! The toys dangle at easy to reach positions too. I also bought a 2 volume set of Sandra Boynton board books. They are visually pleasing and teach a lesson using rhymes and a joke.
    No big plans for our 4th wedding anniversary. Celebrating is not a priority for either of us, but now that I think about, maybe we can swing something for next year, our 5th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"