December 2011 Moms
Options

Two Thing Tuesday

1. How financially stable do you feel at this point in your life? Is it what you expected? Are you satisfied with where you're at?

2. How involved is your husband in home decorating? Do you wish he was more or less involved?

Re: Two Thing Tuesday

• Options
    -T--T- member
    1. I feel quite stable financially. My husband took out a fair amount of debt to start his business. We have a long ways to go to pay that off, but we are starting our debt snowball (again) and I'm feeling confident about our status right now. It's not at all what I expected but I did know that DH wanted to be self employed so I should have seen it coming. I am satisfied where we are now, had you asked me a year ago when we were still digging ourselves out of the NICU expenses, I would have sung a different tune.

2. DH is somewhat involved with decor, though it's sporadic. He has certain (odd) items he wants up that totally do not fit with what's going on in that room. We have a motorcycle pic in our living room… by DS's pictures… what?? We have the same minimalistic style though, so that is one bonus. I am happy with his involvement I guess. He usually gives me no input on anything but his 'must haves'. Forces me to be decisive. 
  • Options
    1.  We are good.  Only debt we have is our mortgage.  However, I still have constant worry/anxiety about money and guilt when I spend $ because I am a SAHM.  I didnt have a problem spending $ when I was making it on my own.  

2.  I try to involve MH so he feels like his opinion matters.  I usually give him a choice of 2 things that I like so its a win win.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    1. I an happy with where we are at, and I thinks it's actually much better than I expected. We have some debt but it's all calculated like we can earn more on investments so it doesn't make sense to put the cash into it. Our debt consists of our mortgage on our condo, the mortgage on our rental properties, the mortgage on our beach house, Dh has a small amount of student loans left and we have a car payment. Wow writing it all down it seems like a lot, but we know we have the cash to pay off all the debts if we had to.

2. Dh is actually pretty involved in decorating decisions, but since it's what I do for a living and design at work is boring with the economy I would love to splash out at home, but Dh is more conservative.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    edited March 2014
    1. Financially we're good right now. We have a nice savings account, no debt outside of our mortgage, and DH earns enough by himself for me to be a SAHM. However, my DH is in the process of applying to medical school (he's currently a physician assistant) and if he gets in our financial situation will change dramatically during the years he is in school. He's had interviews at two different schools and will find out tomorrow if he has been accepted.

2. DH is moderately involved. He and I picked out all of our paint colors together, and he definitely has an opinion about furniture and artwork. The rest of the details he leaves to me.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @moosebaby2011 that is going to be a huge life change!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    -T- said:

1. How financially stable do you feel at this point in your life? Is it what you expected? Are you satisfied with where you're at?

We're pretty stable and live comfortably off my husband's income while saving some for retirement. Very satisfied.

2. How involved is your husband in home decorating? Do you wish he was more or less involved?

Not one bit. He complains when I want to paint a room or buy new curtains/redecorate/move furniture. He thinks it was good for the last five years, why change it now? He generally lets me do what I want though after a bit of complaining ;-)

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

1. We are pretty stable, thankfully, financially. We only have our mortgage and one car payment now. I am hoping to have the car payment gone by the end of 2014 so we will have no car payments. The extra money will go towards more college and retirement savings.

2. I give DH options and he usually chooses out of those options. I'm usually the one who does most of the planning though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1, We are pretty financially stable, we own two homes and are looking into buying another rental property, and the only debt we have are the mortgages. DH is very careful and is pretty frugal with our money, it is definitely tighter now as I am a SAHM, but we are able to put saving away every month, so I am very happy with it at the moment. 2, DH and I have similar taste and he usually wants to help, I would say it is about 50:50, he gets more say over the electronics and sounds systems as I really don't care, but we come to a mutual agreement on the colours and furnishings.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"