Single Parents
Options

Preg/PP Weight

Okay so I know this is a touchy subject and one not to be discussed on month boards. If the topic offends you, please don't comment and please don't look too far into this post. I'm just curious...

I gained about 40lbs with LO. One month PP I am down 20lbs and have 20lbs more to go to return to my pre-pregnancy weight. Just curious for those who want to share, what your gain/loss was. I haven't been able to do a lot of walking because of the cold and feel GREAT about how I look so I'm not looking to compare...just wondering since I am a FTM when I can EXPECT to get closer to my pre preggers weight...and how much I will have to really work to get there.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Preg/PP Weight

• Options
    I gained 25lbs, lost 20 PP, a gained it back. LOL. This sweet tooth is killing me!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Let's see, I gained ~26 lbs with pregnancy, and lost 18 lbs within 2 weeks. Something happened around 3 months PP when DS decided to have a sensitivity to dairy (and I was honestly really deep into PPD), and I gained back oh, 10-ish lbs. And that's where I've been since - roughly 20 lbs heavier than I'd like to be :/  Not thrilled, but kind of complacent at this point.

I cut calories, and my milk supply decreases. I exercise and get dehydrated way too easily, and my supply decreases. DS is still a big-time nursling despite starting solids, so I am hoping as he slowly weans I can slowly shed a few lbs. Hopefully I'll be able to start squeezing in some exercise as DS gets older, too.

Everyone is different. Just try to love and accept yourself no matter your size and shape :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jellybean529jellybean529 member
    edited March 2014
    I gained 60, lost 50, then gained 30 back. I blame DD's love of chicken nuggets and tater tots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    Thanks gals. 

Je- Oh boy. I cut dairy also. Interesting how that made you gain. 

I'm totally cool with where I am...minus not being able to fit into my pre preg jeans. My thighs obviously grew to the max while I was PG :( Other than that I'm good, know I have nobody to impress, and am thankful to just be healthy :)

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    Gained... let me think... close to fourty pounds? I have to think about it. Part of my therapy was that i didnt weigh myself. I know my dad weighed me after i moved back home and mentioned i lost weight. My healthy weight is about 100 give or take. And i got upto 135? I dont know an exact prepregnancy weight. But ive platued at 110 about post partum
  • Options
    @eg214 - I think it was stress/depression/most-processed-carbs-don't-have-dairy that caused the gain. I don't have an ED necessarily, but I do have a strange relationship with food at times, where in order to bribe myself to eat sometimes, I have to eat greasy, cheesy, unhealthy stuff or I won't eat at all. Since I was nursing not eating wasn't an option, and my usual cheesy go-tos were off limits, I ended loading up on the bad kinds of carbs :/ 

Don't do what I did lol

• Options
    I have a terrible relationship with food its bad
  • Options
    tig594tig594 member
    edited March 2014
    I shouldn't answer this but here goes. I gained 19 pounds when pregnant and am a type 1 diabetic so my doctors were up my ass about my blood sugar so i was on a pretty tight leash. It wasn't bad throughout though. I lost 20ish pounds when DD was born and then somehow 15-20 more shortly after. Gained 10 back but am still 10 pounds lighter than i was pre-pregnancy but still probably 30 pounds overweight. I could only breastfeed for a week. Also, after baby is born your body is all deformed. I was lighter but still couldn't get into my pre-pregnancy jeans for a couple months.
  • Options
    Yeah until your 3 months out there is no telling
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    edited March 2014
    Yeah the lumpy dumpy figure sucks. I saw some gals on my month board saying the same thing. I'm happy my stomach has shrunk but it does suck being in between maternity clothes and your normal clothes.

• Options
    Im trying to switch to drinking detox water vs soda and coffee. Also im going to try and work out after i move my lease is up in a few weeks so im looking for a new place
  • Options
    beccaga16 said:

Im trying to switch to drinking detox water vs soda and coffee. Also im going to try and work out after i move my lease is up in a few weeks so im looking for a new place

I have also gotten those water flavor drops (Momo, Dasani or generic ones) I tend to like the lemonade flavor, cause it doesn't taste as artificial (though I know they all are lol).

I use fresh fruit, and mint at home, but the drops work better on the job cause I can keep it in my desk :)

I used those drops at school! I like making my own water for the same as i like the lemonade flavor. It tadtes cleaner and more natural. I dont like sugary tastes. Thats why i preper coke to pepsi and dark chocolate to milk chocolate
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    @minnesotamomma91 @beccaga16 - Oh my gosh. Best thing ever is La Croix Sparkling Water. It's in cans and in the water section usually. Target has two new exclusive flavors made for people who like the heavy flavor of soda. The new flavors are in tall skinny cans and are Cherry Lime and a berry flavor. The new flavors are only available at Target but the regular ones are plain, lemon, lime, grapefruit, coconut, and peach pear. My faves are the cherry lime, peach pear, and coconut. It's a little pricey, but I gulp these things down like you wouldn't believe. I've had two in the past hour. They are SO good. So for you gals looking to get rid of soda, might be a good treat. They have a thing right now actually about drinking one a day instead of a soda for 40 days. Some lady lost a good amount of weight and 2 dress sizes doing that.

• Options
    I used to drink la croix but then I saw that jewel was selling flavored seltzer water. La croix has a cran-raspberry flavor and jewel has a raspberry one, I prefer the raspberry. But the cherry lime la croix is amazing!
  • Options
    Ill have to check it out.
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    What is jewel @roxalot? A grocery store?

• Options
    La Croix is great, but Polar's selzer is also amazing!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Oh, er, yes @eg214. Lol, sorry, sometimes I forget you all are not located in the same area as me.
  • Options
    Its like when i talk about kwuik tripp. Or hyvee, or cub foods when i lived out west
  • Options
    I gained 32 lbs and at 4.5 weeks PP, I am 3 lbs above my pre-preggo weight.  I attribute those 3 lbs to my new massive boobs.  Of course, every muscle in my body is now jello so I have a lot of toning up to do.  I can't believe this was something I was so stressed out about during pregnancy.  I'm glad the weight came off quickly, but honestly my body is the last thing on my mind at the end of the day now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"