Parenting

GTKY: Birthdays (as an adult)

DH's birthday is coming up. He used to be really excited for his birthday, but the last two yrs he's been pretty glum about it. I'd like to delight him, but I'm short on inspiration. So I thought I would post a GTKY with the not so hidden agenda of gleaning ideas! So...

What year was your favorite birthday as an adult? 
What did you do/what made it special?
Do you like surprises?
Worst birthday?

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv

Re: GTKY: Birthdays (as an adult)

• Best: My 30th birthday. I requested an adults only dinner one of my favorite restaurants. Everyone got babysitters for the kids and it was nice to have adult conversations without being interrupted. 

Worst: surprise party when I was younger. I hate surprises.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• 4 years ago for my surprise 30th. Not a big fan of being center of attention so I felt uncomfortable for a while until I got drunk then had a blast. Worst was last year. Dh went to a friend's surprise party the night before and slept until 3pm on my bday and was hungover the rest of the evening. I still bring it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Best: My 26th birthday was dinner with DH and close friends at a wine bar.

Worst: My 23rd birthday. I consisted of lots of post-college girl drama. :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• What year was your favorite birthday as an adult? My 29th
    What did you do/what made it special? H and I hit up the wineries on the North Fork
    Do you like surprises? No
    Worst birthday? It's a tie between my 23 and 24th.  My friends threw me a suprise party for my 23rd birthday and I was so embarassed / not expecting it that I burst into tears and ran out of the bar.  The next year, on my 24th birthday, my then boyfriend broke up with me.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I really don't care about my birthday and I hate surprises. DD makes a cake from scratch every year and puts a lot of effort into decorating it. That would be the favorite part of my birthday. Just seeing what she comes up with.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I'm not big on celebrating my birthday- never really was, but my 30th was fun. Just me, DH, and a few close friends for dinner and drinks. Another good one was either 29 or 31. DH planned a trip to ATL for us. We stayed in a  hotel and did the touristy Atlanta thing, like the World of Coke and the aquarium.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Best: 25th. It was right before my sister moved so her and my bil came out with us and some friends to a steak place, then to our house for games and drinking before we went out. Last year at 29 was nice just so me and our DD. They bought me a cake and brought it to dinner.

Worst: 22nd. Same type of scenerio as @notsharknado.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like celebrating my birthday even though I'm not big on being the center of attention (I always feel pressured to entertain everyone, even though I know I don't have to).

Best: my 29th birthday where all of my friends took me to dinner and then we went out to see the movie Stardust. 

Worst: my 34th birthday. Like @NotSharknado, my soon-to-be ex slept until 3 pm and decided he wanted to work on his car all the while knowing that I wanted to go out to dinner. DS1 was being an asshole, so I finally flipped my shit, yelled at DS1 (mommy meltdown), handed him and DS2 off to DH, yelled at DH, drove away, called my BFF and cried for about 30 minutes. That.fucking.sucked.

I do love surprises though! My friends threw me a surprise party when I finished grad school and that was so awesome!
  • I've had two surprise parties that were pretty fun at 23 and 30. The big 3-0 was cool. I like that I can say that everyone had sex at the party. Because that's what the champagne was called. The best birthday tho was my 25th. It was my excuse to ask out DH and led to our first kiss.

I think the 23rd party was my friends giving me a do over for my 22nd. We made no plans, I burned myself baking my own cake and our apartment toilet backed up so we had to spend the evening with the rotor rooter guy. That night literally went to shit.

• TAILGATE 2013!! Which was my 31st birthday

Worst birthday, which wasn't that awful, was right after having DD. She was only a few weeks old, cluster feeding, and tearing up my nips

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Best: 24th - went to Tampa and met a bunch of Red Sox players. It was awesome.

2nd best: 30th - H threw me a kickass surprise 30th party. I was 16 weeks pregnant but still had so much fun'!

Worst: probably last year (32.) I'm "into" birthdays but we pretty much did nothing last year. :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"